300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
    I am not here to bash anyone. However, I am here to talk about MY agency. Someone gave Shortie a very good piece of advice concerning writing. That will serve him well to take heed of, as an applicant, writing is a big part of the job in CBP. By the way, it is not the first time he has been given that particular piece of advice if you look back at prior posts. Clearly, English is not his first language but that is not what I am referring to.

Integrity will also play a big part. Again, looking to prior posts Shortie can at times give less than factual information about MY job at MY agency. You are a PA look at the prior posts for yourself and let me know what you think. How would it sit with you if he was giving incorrect information and telling you how your job in the Border Patrol works with zero time on the job. He lists loss prevention as an occupation but now suddenly it is a secret that he is actually a LEO and I don't mean an AUX NYPD. Saying you are a LEO in your profile is not personal government information. That type of BS is not going to fly with actual LEO's

Quality of applicants can be and is a challenge for CBP but what do I know I have only worked the job for sixteen years, made it to management, administer and grade VBT's and SI's

Shortie, could always go to PM and clarify his statements. The statements made to him were and are in the spirit of helping an APPLICANT get the job. That is what the general point of this thread is.

FB

What I do in my personal life is my business not yours. You believe what you like. I know What I do for a living you don't. In the pass I said information that you said it was false but came out to be true. For exam I said the cbp was going to start hiring again for another class and you said I was wrong which came out to be true. I said there is going to be a class in January but you said I was wrong which also came out to be true. I know the fact that you been doing this blah blah years and have Blah blah under your belt. The only reason you come on this form is to bash people about what they post and questions they ask. They have done nothing to you yet you give them no hopes at all. You talk a lot about how you love your job yet those seeking advise you talk harsh and negative too. I might have said one or two things wrong in the pass but you know what I was corrected the right way from others. Not the way you like to correct people by drilling them down to the point that they don't want to become cbp officer. I had a supervisor like you one time and he was a real ***. Just do me the favor let me know what port you in so I don't make the mistake of going there. If I have to deal with your bs trust my I'll stay where I am at and not go to cbp.
    This is the last time I'm feeding to your ego and bs I won't feed anymore. Do yourself a favor pick up a hobby to help with your anger issues when you come home from work and stop taking it out on people on this form.

Shorttie
    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
    first choice: Florida region
    second choice: Puerto Rico
    Test-8/21/11
    NOR-3/23/12
    Test Management Application-8/16/12
    TSL-2/25/13
    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
    PFT 2-
    The Call-
    E.O.D-

Comment

• OMG you guys need to stop, you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. If you guys think you can survive as a CBPO acting that way. who cares what the other said or how the other guy writes. You here to talk about CBP only. I been a CBPO for 2 years now so if you have any real question let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
        OMG you guys need to stop, you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. If you guys think you can survive as a CBPO acting that way. who cares what the other said or how the other guy writes. You here to talk about CBP only. I been a CBPO for 2 years now so if you have any real question let me know.
        Thank you Fer for your words. You are one of the people that helped me out in this form and I respect you greatly for your advice and help. This gentleman is a true blue helper. He answered most of my question and they all were correct answers.
        Last edited by Shorttie; 02-03-2014, 07:01 AM.
        Test-8/21/11
        NOR-3/23/12
        TSL-2/25/13
        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
        PFT 2-
        The Call-
        E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
          Thank you Fer for your words. You are one of the people that help me out in this form and I respect you greatly for your advice and help. This gentleman is a true blue helper. He answered most of my question and they all were correct answers.
          thank you. that's why we are here for. did I spell that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
            thank you. that's why we are here for. did I spell that correct?
            lol your to much Fer.
            Test-8/21/11
            NOR-3/23/12
            TSL-2/25/13
            PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
            V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
            S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
            Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
            PFT 2-
            The Call-
            E.O.D-

Comment

• If you're going to come on an internet message board and claim to "know how to write LEO reports", I'd say you should be able to take a little criticism when your writing on here falls short.

Comment

• Let's stick to the topic people and that means talking about cbp and question you have about the process.
                Last edited by Shorttie; 02-02-2014, 07:46 PM.
                Test-8/21/11
                NOR-3/23/12
                TSL-2/25/13
                PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                PFT 2-
                The Call-
                E.O.D-

Comment

• It seems you always have a response ready for anyone who comment about you. If it was me, I would take a step back and consider their criticism as an encouragement to improve myself.

Comment

• If you all can't get along on an internet forum you should cancel your apps and choose another profession because you will not last long in CBP even if selected with those attitudes.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                      If you all can't get along on an internet forum you should cancel your apps and choose another profession because you will not last long in CBP even if selected with those attitudes.
                      Thank you

Comment

• Judging from the various timelines i have seen on here, there is no consistency when it comes to the hiring process. Just out of curiosity, has anyone taken their PFT2 before their drug test?

Comment

• Originally posted by tezsky View Post
                          Judging from the various timelines i have seen on here, there is no consistency when it comes to the hiring process. Just out of curiosity, has anyone taken their PFT2 before their drug test?
                          Doubt that will happen

Comment

• E92_M3 Why are you not required to take a drug screening fitness, and medical?

I submitted all my forms and fingerpints, now I guess I wait more

Comment

• looks like things slowed down… I wonder how long it'll be to get scheduled for VBT, anxious to get it over with.
                              Last edited by aal; 02-03-2014, 06:41 PM.
                              CBPO (West Coast)
                              Exam: 08/29/13
                              NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                              TSL: 12/16/13
                              Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• My NOR is a 76. Since it's a low passing score, do you think it will take an extreme long time to be offered a TSL with such a low passing score? I know they start with the highest scores and work their way back. I'm just curious how frequently they hire for my region. I chose "Florida & Caribbean Islands" as my geographical region. Received my NOR on Sept 2013.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5195 users online. 199 members and 4996 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X