300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
    That is what i said. Your background starts when you give in your sf-86 forms. They only do small checks like your credit and arrest history before your polygraph. The real background occurs when you pass your polygraph interview. That's when you are fully investigated.
    No offense but I'm really trying to make sense of what you're trying to say. Your original post stated "they won't start on your background investigation until you complete a polygraph first." To which I replied "they actually start your background when you hand* in your Equip." Then you say "The background occurs when you pass your polygraph interview. That's when you are fully investigated." I must be missing something, please let me know because from someone who's completed this process before with OBP 2012 and then again OFO (got offered and accepted JFK, Pre Academy Feb 24th, FLETC Mar - Jul) the information I'm getting from you, had I not done this before, can be very misleading.

Comment

• Originally posted by emack23 View Post
      No offense but I'm really trying to make sense of what you're trying to say. Your original post stated "they won't start on your background investigation until you complete a polygraph first." To which I replied "they actually start your background when you hand* in your Equip." Then you say "The background occurs when you pass your polygraph interview. That's when you are fully investigated." I must be missing something, please let me know because from someone who's completed this process before with OBP 2012 and then again OFO (got offered and accepted JFK, Pre Academy Feb 24th, FLETC Mar - Jul) the information I'm getting from you, had I not done this before, can be very misleading.
      Maybe I have to re vamp my original post. What I meant to say that once you receive and submit your sf 86 (E-Qip) application and your fingerprint card that's when your background starts. They normally check your criminal history and credit check before your investigator receives your file. One you pass your polygraph evaluation then the full background check goes into affect. They go visit your current and old jobs. They visit your character reference etc.
      Last edited by Shorttie; 01-29-2014, 05:32 PM.
      Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
      first choice: Florida region
      second choice: Puerto Rico
      Test-8/21/11
      NOR-3/23/12
      Test Management Application-8/16/12
      TSL-2/25/13
      PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
      Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
      B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
      V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
      S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
      Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
      PFT 2-
      The Call-
      E.O.D-

Comment

Maybe I have to re vamp my original post. What I meant to say that once you receive and submit your sf 86 (E-Qip) application and your fingerprint card that's when your background starts. They normally check your criminal history and credit check before your investigator receives your file. One you pass your polygraph evaluation then the full background check goes into affect. They go visit your current and old jobs. They visit your character reference etc.
        Not trying to insult you but here's a tip when you do your NOPA, brother. Ensure you proofread your work then find someone who has excellent grammar to proofread it as well. Because as anyone in CBP will tell you this'll probably save you an @$$ chewing when you got to write up a memo or are involved in an incident where you have to write a report on why you discharged your firearm on a rattlesnake.

Comment

• [ToOTE=emack23;3410804]Not trying to insult you but here's a tip when you do your NOPA, brother. Ensure you proofread your work then find someone who has excellent grammar to proofread it as well. Because as anyone in CBP will tell you this'll probably save you an @$$ chewing when you got to write up a memo or are involved in an incident where you have to write a report on why you discharged your firearm on a rattlesnake.[/QUOTE]

Lmao first of all if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. I know what I'm saying and what I'm writing. I gave you the benefit of the doubt one time it won't happen again. If you don't understand then ask I'll explain but please don't come on this forum trying to insult anyone. I am leo and I know how to write a proper report.
          Test-8/21/11
          NOR-3/23/12
          TSL-2/25/13
          PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
          V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
          S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
          Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
          PFT 2-
          The Call-
          E.O.D-

Comment

[ToOTE=emack23;3410804]Not trying to insult you but here's a tip when you do your NOPA, brother. Ensure you proofread your work then find someone who has excellent grammar to proofread it as well. Because as anyone in CBP will tell you this'll probably save you an @$$ chewing when you got to write up a memo or are involved in an incident where you have to write a report on why you discharged your firearm on a rattlesnake.
            Lmao first of all if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. I know what I'm saying and what I'm writing. I gave you the benefit of the doubt one time it won't happen again. If you don't understand then ask I'll explain but please don't come on this forum trying to insult anyone. I am leo and I know how to write a proper report.[/QUOTE]

Whoa relax there chief if you "proofread" my last post then you'll notice I wasn't trying to insult you but throw in a mere suggestion obviously you missed that disclaimer. Even though you may think you know what you're talking about you got others, like myself, who may not understand. I'm not indulging in this debate any longer good luck on your NOPA and stay safe!
            Last edited by emack23; 01-29-2014, 06:56 PM. Reason: proofreading you're not your

Comment

• I don't know how but I got a TSL with a score of 74.

Comment

• When and what location?

Comment

• Got it yesterday. Central east coast and was rated a 07. Just got the employment process information too.

Comment

[ToOTE=emack23;3410804]Not trying to insult you but here's a tip when you do your NOPA, brother. Ensure you proofread your work then find someone who has excellent grammar to proofread it as well. Because as anyone in CBP will tell you this'll probably save you an @$$ chewing when you got to write up a memo or are involved in an incident where you have to write a report on why you discharged your firearm on a rattlesnake.
                    Originally posted by Shortie
                    Lmao first of all if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. I know what I'm saying and what I'm writing. I gave you the benefit of the doubt one time it won't happen again. If you don't understand then ask I'll explain but please don't come on this forum trying to insult anyone. I am leo and I know how to write a proper report.
                    Interesting, since your profile says you are not a sworn Law Enforcement Officer and it says you are not employed in the law enforcement industry. Not too many current LEO's receive NOPA's either. Loss prevention is not a LEO.

About Shorttie
                    Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:No
                    Are You a Sworn Police Officer:No
                    Interests:Cars, art, and books

Comment

• Any other current CBPO's that reapplied out there? Checked CASS seems like everything just carried over. Background just cleared in August pretty sure it'll carry over too

Comment

• Back to business! Poly next in JFK!
                        Maryland State Police:
                        Written: Nov/2012-Passed
                        Poly: Nov/2012 - Passed
                        FAT: Re-Test
                        Oral: 01/28/13- Passed
                        Phys: 01/30/13- Passed
                        Med: 01/29/13- Passed
                        BI: 01/28/13- Pending
                        Process: Stopped

PA State Police:
                        Written: 5/18/13-Passed
                        Oral: 09/2013- ???

Border Patrol South Texas:
                        Written: 12/2011-Passed
                        FIT 1: 02/04/2013 -Passed
                        Oral: 03/2013 – Passed
                        Med: 05/2013 – Passed
                        Qual: GL-7- 06/2013
                        BI: 06/2013 – Waiting
                        Poly: 02/07/2014-JFK
                        Drug Test: ???
                        FAT 2: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          Interesting, since your profile says you are not a sworn Law Enforcement Officer and it says you are not employed in the law enforcement industry. Not too many current LEO's receive NOPA's either. Loss prevention is not a LEO.
                          You right about that it does not say I'm leo in my profile but everyone has a secret that they don't want to mention. I stay away from putting my personal government information because that's my business. And check the forms again there are many leo that don't pass the polygraph or another part of the process. I read a few on this form. Just because your leo does not mean that your grantee the job you still have to go through the process and get hired just like everyone else.
                          Test-8/21/11
                          NOR-3/23/12
                          TSL-2/25/13
                          PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                          V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                          S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                          Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                          PFT 2-
                          The Call-
                          E.O.D-

Comment

• Shortie / Firebug, you two want to bash each other then do it somewhere else. People are here to talk about CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAZMAD View Post
                              Shortie / Firebug, you two want to bash each other then do it somewhere else. People are here to talk about CBP.
                              You are 100 percent right and I agree with you.
                              Test-8/21/11
                              NOR-3/23/12
                              TSL-2/25/13
                              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                              PFT 2-
                              The Call-
                              E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by HAZMAD View Post
                                Shortie / Firebug, you two want to bash each other then do it somewhere else. People are here to talk about CBP.
                                I am not here to bash anyone. However, I am here to talk about MY agency. Someone gave Shortie a very good piece of advice concerning writing. That will serve him well to take heed of, as an applicant, writing is a big part of the job in CBP. By the way, it is not the first time he has been given that particular piece of advice if you look back at prior posts. Clearly, English is not his first language but that is not what I am referring to.

Integrity will also play a big part. Again, looking to prior posts Shortie can at times give less than factual information about MY job at MY agency. You are a PA look at the prior posts for yourself and let me know what you think. How would it sit with you if he was giving incorrect information and telling you how your job in the Border Patrol works with zero time on the job. He lists loss prevention as an occupation but now suddenly it is a secret that he is actually a LEO and I don't mean an AUX NYPD. Saying you are a LEO in your profile is not personal government information. That type of BS is not going to fly with actual LEO's

Quality of applicants can be and is a challenge for CBP but what do I know I have only worked the job for sixteen years, made it to management, administer and grade VBT's and SI's

Shortie, could always go to PM and clarify his statements. The statements made to him were and are in the spirit of helping an APPLICANT get the job. That is what the general point of this thread is.

FB
                                Last edited by Firebug; 02-02-2014, 06:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7258 users online. 387 members and 6871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X