300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kmiech View Post
    I got an email this week stating I'm on medical review for CBPO and BPA because of vision requirements. I have to go to my own doctor and get tested for uncorrected vision. Has anybody had this issue? Sidenote I am willing to get LASIK if necessary. Also, I go in for my VBT next week in Newark.
    I was on Medical Review as well due to the color blindness test. I had to find a special eye place and take 2 very tough tests to be cleared. $100 out of my pocket, but hopefully worth it. I doubt they will require you to have LASIK but that is completely up to you.
    Tests taken:
    Erie County Sheriff
    Erie County Police
    Catt County Sheriff
    Catt County Police
    NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
    score:85 rank:7xx
    NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
    NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
    CBP

Comment

• At what point do they send forms for fingerprints? I've passed VBT/SI, pft1, and waiting on medical check mark but haven't received anything about fingerprints yet

Comment

• How are some of you getting an actual live rep from MHC on the line? I have gone through 30+ MHC extensions and each one directs the caller to a voice mail.

Comment

• What did you score?

Comment

• Hey I have a question for everyone who's saying they're in "medical review" for their vision...
            Do you all wear glasses/contact lenses? Is that why they're reviewing it?

I took my PFT1 yesterday and I will say that my vision test was fast and simple (stand here, read this line down, cover left eye, cover right eye. OK done). I'm curious because I wear glasses (planning on getting LASIK within the next 2 months) and while everything else went smoothly, I don't want to get hung up on vision.
            Good luck to everyone going through the process!
            Civitas Ad Mare
            LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
            TSL: 12/18/13
            PFT1/Med: 1/14
            VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
            BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
            Drug test: TBD
            Polygraph: TBD
            PFT2: TBD
            EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
            Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
              Hey I have a question for everyone who's saying they're in "medical review" for their vision...
              Do you all wear glasses/contact lenses? Is that why they're reviewing it?

I took my PFT1 yesterday and I will say that my vision test was fast and simple (stand here, read this line down, cover left eye, cover right eye. OK done). I'm curious because I wear glasses (planning on getting LASIK within the next 2 months) and while everything else went smoothly, I don't want to get hung up on vision.
              Good luck to everyone going through the process!
              Mine was due to the color blindness, the circles with the different colored dots and numbers hidden in them....I am indeed a contact/glasses wearer but that has nothing to do with it.
              Tests taken:
              Erie County Sheriff
              Erie County Police
              Catt County Sheriff
              Catt County Police
              CBP

Comment

• Originally posted by john_joyce View Post
                At what point do they send forms for fingerprints? I've passed VBT/SI, pft1, and waiting on medical check mark but haven't received anything about fingerprints yet
                Once you get the email about TSL, it will have documents you need to fill out; I believe they send them out at the same time. Obviously the email getting to you first.
                Tests taken:
                Erie County Sheriff
                Erie County Police
                Catt County Sheriff
                Catt County Police
                CBP

Comment

• Just checked cass and it says "your case is in the security office" does that mean they will start the BI without a VBT and SI? (I still haven't been scheduled for one)
                  CBPO (West Coast)
                  Exam: 08/29/13
                  NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                  TSL: 12/16/13
                  Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoffs11 View Post
                    Once you get the email about TSL, it will have documents you need to fill out; I believe they send them out at the same time. Obviously the email getting to you first.
                    I got the TSL a few months ago (unless they send a second one at any point?) but there was nothing in it about documents or fingerprints

Comment

• Originally posted by john_joyce View Post
                      I got the TSL a few months ago (unless they send a second one at any point?) but there was nothing in it about documents or fingerprints
                      Hmm this is the second time I've been through this and both times my TSL had attached documents and then the fingerprint cards came shortly after. But from reading every one else's experience it has seemed some things have been in a different order from my experience.
                      Tests taken:
                      Erie County Sheriff
                      Erie County Police
                      Catt County Sheriff
                      Catt County Police
                      CBP

Comment

• Well fellas I received my nopa on January 18, 2014 and already sent in my response to it. I'm keeping my fingers cross and praying that this goes well for me. Hopefully I will receive good news and I continue with the hiring process. If I don't then it was fun helping you guys out with what ever information I could have given you. It was also fun participating in this process. I learn so much from others on this forum that I can't thank enough for the info.

For those of you in the process stick it out to the end and fight all the way. You never know what could happen if you put your best foot forward. If anyone has any question that I can help with please feel free to ask. Beside that have fun and good luck!
                        Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                        first choice: Florida region
                        second choice: Puerto Rico
                        Test-8/21/11
                        NOR-3/23/12
                        Test Management Application-8/16/12
                        TSL-2/25/13
                        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                        Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                        B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                        PFT 2-
                        The Call-
                        E.O.D-

Comment

• To aal- No that is natural for all applicants. Unless you received your E - quip forms and filled then out. The background investigation is considered the most expensive part in the hiring process so they won't start on your back ground investigation until you complete a polygraph first.

Hope this info helps
                          Test-8/21/11
                          NOR-3/23/12
                          TSL-2/25/13
                          PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                          V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                          S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                          Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                          PFT 2-
                          The Call-
                          E.O.D-

Comment

• Shorttie- Thanks for the information, and best of luck.
                            Last edited by aal; 01-29-2014, 11:03 AM.
                            CBPO (West Coast)
                            Exam: 08/29/13
                            NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                            TSL: 12/16/13
                            Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                              To aal- No that is natural for all applicants. Unless you received your E - quip forms and filled then out. The background investigation is considered the most expensive part in the hiring process so they won't start on your back ground investigation until you complete a polygraph first.

Hope this info helps
                              Incorrect, even though it'd make more sense to polygraph first and unless the process has changed they actually start your background when you had in your Equip. Your VBT is actually the SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by emack23 View Post
                                Incorrect, even though it'd make more sense to polygraph first and unless the process has changed they actually start your background when you had in your Equip. Your VBT is actually the SI.
                                That is what i said. Your background starts when you give in your sf-86 forms. They only do small checks like your credit and arrest history before your polygraph. The real background occurs when you pass your polygraph interview. That's when you are fully investigated.
                                Test-8/21/11
                                NOR-3/23/12
                                TSL-2/25/13
                                PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                                V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                                S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                                Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                                PFT 2-
                                The Call-
                                E.O.D-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5170 users online. 268 members and 4902 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X