Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shorttie, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I wasn't talking about switching from BPA to CBPO, I was talking about civilian employment. I would like to quit where I work now and move to another ("temporary"/until BPA) job. Would that effect the BI process? Do I need to inform them?

3531Marine, (if your asking me) I applied for BPA mid August 2011, took and passed the test October 21st 2011 with a 73% (would have been 78 but they didn't want to accept reserve service for vet pref). Early February of 2013 I received the TSL and completed everything but BI and drug screening. On the CASS website the BI says "your case is in the security office" and has since late February 2013 or so. All the other stuff I completed rather quickly.

Comment

• Today, I received an email for my Medical Exam Appointment Setup; I tried calling the number but they are so jammed with calls I left my info and dates. After how long would they send you a confirmation, I also stated in the voice-mail to send me confirmation.

Comment

• [QUOTE=KC0072;3394525]Shorttie, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I wasn't talking about switching from BPA to CBPO, I was talking about civilian employment. I would like to quit where I work now and move to another ("temporary"/until BPA) job. Would that effect the BI process? Do I need to inform them?

My opinion for you is to not quite the job instead apply to the other one and get hired. If they question it tell them it was a lateral move to something better for you and your family. Last thing you want to show that you had a job with the government as a civilian contractor and you quite. Does not look good on your resume. I would say stick it out until you get the call or get hired by the other contractor don't quite. If you mean giving your two weeks notice then I don't think anything wrong with that. I would make sure I have the other job before giving that two week notice.

BTW any information you need to add to your application is added during your polygraph interview and your background investigation. They will ask you if you have addition information to add.
        Like I said this is my opinion and hope it help you determine what you want to do.
        Best of luck hope this information help
        Last edited by Shorttie; 12-31-2013, 03:28 PM.
        Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
        first choice: Florida region
        second choice: Puerto Rico
        Test-8/21/11
        NOR-3/23/12
        Test Management Application-8/16/12
        TSL-2/25/13
        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
        Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
        B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
        PFT 2-
        The Call-
        E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
          Today, I received an email for my Medical Exam Appointment Setup; I tried calling the number but they are so jammed with calls I left my info and dates. After how long would they send you a confirmation, I also stated in the voice-mail to send me confirmation.
          They called me back the next day to set it up, and emailed confirmation right away. Might be a little different for you though since I had pft1 and medical the same day.
          CBPO (West Coast)
          Exam: 08/29/13
          NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
          TSL: 12/16/13
          Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Originally posted by IzFiyah View Post
            Rcvd TSL and rcvd email to schedule medical...however, I chose Northeast instead of Central East by accident and was informed that my selection was final and couldn't be changed...I don't want to work upstate New York, or all the way up in Buffalo...I wanted JFK...think I will just pass this up and take test over.
            That's a choice you will have to make. It takes about 5 months to get to the medical exam from the beginning. Do you really want to have to go through the whole process again? I personally would not want to. I think you can change your Geo preference. Your call. If you can add another 10 months til you want to get this job, by all means retry... If not, tough it out. Chances are you weren't going to get somewhere close to your desired location anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
              I would say first get on the job and then determine what you want to do. MHC have a one track mind about the process and if you switch you might just screw yourself up. I say get the job first do about two years (which is the probationary period) apply for the next cbpo exam and take it from there. Remember border patrol and cbp are two different departments and both require passing grade in order to start the process.

You can't take the exam for border patrol and then call MHC and tell them you want to become cbp. It don't work that way sorry.
              The probationary period is one year not two.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                The probationary period is one year not two.

FB
                Thank you for the correction though it was like nypd which has a two year probation period.
                Test-8/21/11
                NOR-3/23/12
                TSL-2/25/13
                PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                PFT 2-
                The Call-
                E.O.D-

Comment

• I just got my final notice for my medical, I left a voice mail, email, and continuously called them over and over again for the last 3 days. I am getting no luck, and they stated tomorrow is my final notice for my examination.
                  what do i do?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                    I just got my final notice for my medical, I left a voice mail, email, and continuously called them over and over again for the last 3 days. I am getting no luck, and they stated tomorrow is my final notice for my examination.
                    what do i do?
                    When in doubt call MHC and let them know. They can give you all the information you need.
                    Good luck
                    Test-8/21/11
                    NOR-3/23/12
                    TSL-2/25/13
                    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                    PFT 2-
                    The Call-
                    E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                      Thank you for the correction though it was like nypd which has a two year probation period.
                      It was a two year probation...for about 7 years...during the FCIP hiring years.
                      When the FCIP ended roughly three years back, the two year probation period became a one year probation period.

Comment

• Has anyone else received the final notice for setting up your medical pre employment exam?? I have tried to contact them several times with no success in addition to leaving my information to have an appointment scheduled for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoD4Life View Post
                          Has anyone else received the final notice for setting up your medical pre employment exam?? I have tried to contact them several times with no success in addition to leaving my information to have an appointment scheduled for you.
                          Just keep trying to get a hold of them, they are probably busy due to the holidays.

Comment

• I have been having the same issue trying to schedule my medical pre employment exam as well. I got the final notice stating that today is my last day. I've left 3 messages and no call back. Now I'm just going to call them every 30 minutes or so until I get through. I e-mailed MHC to let them know what's going on. I'll try calling them a little later as well.
                            Hopefully we all get through today!

Edit to add:

Just got off the phone with MHC. Comprehensive Health Services is the only number we can call seeing as they handle the medical/PFT scheduling entirely. The woman at MHC suggested we e-mail them but that "they are aware of the situation."
                            Last edited by AlexQuestionmark; 01-02-2014, 09:15 AM. Reason: more info
                            Civitas Ad Mare
                            LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
                            TSL: 12/18/13
                            PFT1/Med: 1/14
                            VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
                            BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
                            Drug test: TBD
                            Polygraph: TBD
                            PFT2: TBD
                            EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
                            Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• Just got off the phone with MHC. Comprehensive Health Services is the only number we can call seeing as they handle the medical/PFT scheduling entirely. The woman at MHC suggested we e-mail them but that "they are aware of the situation."
                              Civitas Ad Mare
                              LBAPD

CBPO 13-1

NOR: 9/13
                              TSL: 12/18/13
                              PFT1/Med: 1/14
                              VBT/SI: 5/14 (eligible)
                              BI submitted: 6/25/14 (currently in Security office)
                              Drug test: TBD
                              Polygraph: TBD
                              PFT2: TBD
                              EOD: Hopefully one day!

FBI Special Agent
                              Online App: 8/12/14

Comment

• I was actually able to break through and schedule my appointment this morning. Keep dialing!

Test Date: 9/16
                                NOR: 9/23
                                TSL 12/18
                                Med/PFT1- 1/10

Originally posted by AlexQuestionmark View Post
                                Just got off the phone with MHC. Comprehensive Health Services is the only number we can call seeing as they handle the medical/PFT scheduling entirely. The woman at MHC suggested we e-mail them but that "they are aware of the situation."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8480 users online. 434 members and 8046 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X