Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep it is confirmed; I have failed the VBT..... I know why well they didn't specifically tell me but I know why. I have two questions...

Is there a way to appeal the decission?

I can not apply back to CBP until 2009, but can I apply to BPA?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
      Even though I think some questions on here are absolutely redundant. If it wasn't for repeated questions, this thread would die off. Oddly enough this thread keeps me sane in the mist of this waiting.
      What would really REALLY help is using the very first post as a general FAQ to to these questions, and then in the same post offer up all the weblinks possible where people can go to find their own answers. Then when someone puts up a question, one can just say "read the first post" and be done with it. It seems like a daunting task, but if you think about it, there are over 350,000 thread views on this one thread, meaning a LOT of people are using it to gather information on the job. It'd be worth doing.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by CUJEN View Post
        Yep it is confirmed; I have failed the VBT..... I know why well they didn't specifically tell me but I know why. I have two questions...

I'm soooo sorry. I was pulling for you. You can apply for BPA or anything else. You are only barred from CBPO no other agency. Good Luck in all your endeavors.

Comment

I'm soooo sorry. I was pulling for you. You can apply for BPA or anything else. You are only barred from CBPO no other agency. Good Luck in all your endeavors.
          Thanks you rock!! Good luck to you as well!

Comment

Yep it is confirmed; I have failed the VBT..... I know why well they didn't specifically tell me but I know why. I have two questions...

Geez, that blows. What the heck happened? I would explore appeal avenues, it wont hurt to try. If not possible, wait your year or try something else. Good luck to ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
              What would really REALLY help is using the very first post as a general FAQ to to these questions, and then in the same post offer up all the weblinks possible where people can go to find their own answers. Then when someone puts up a question, one can just say "read the first post" and be done with it. It seems like a daunting task, but if you think about it, there are over 350,000 thread views on this one thread, meaning a LOT of people are using it to gather information on the job. It'd be worth doing.
              Huh? I don't understand what you are saying. All my post was trying to say was that redundancy on this forum is a unnecessary necessity. I have no problems with repeated questions. If I feel like answering I will if not I'll read right over it. Even if there was a link of all the answers in the world people will still inquire about the same information.

Comment

Huh? I don't understand what you are saying. All my post was trying to say was that redundancy on this forum is a unnecessary necessity. I have no problems with repeated questions. If I feel like answering I will if not I'll read right over it. Even if there was a link of all the answers in the world people will still inquire about the same information.
                My post wasn't in opposition to yours, I was just offering up an idea to cut down on redundant questions. I'm not saying that my idea would stop people from posting questions (fat chance really), I'm just saying the easier questions could be answered without it cluttering the thread.
                "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                  My post wasn't in opposition to yours, I was just offering up an idea to cut down on redundant questions. I'm not saying that my idea would stop people from posting questions (fat chance really), I'm just saying the easier questions could be answered without it cluttering the thread.
                  I dont think it should cause anyone any big concern what people post. If you dont have any advice or the answer to the question, dont respond. If youve read the same question a thousand times, just skip over it. I dont know anything about eye tests or lasik, so when i see a post about that, i pass over it. Everybody is new to the process at one time or another, so to them it's the first time they've asked and shouldn't be expected to sift through 160pages of questions, some of which the answers may be out of date.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                    I dont think it should cause anyone any big concern what people post. If you dont have any advice or the answer to the question, dont respond. If youve read the same question a thousand times, just skip over it. I dont know anything about eye tests or lasik, so when i see a post about that, i pass over it. Everybody is new to the process at one time or another, so to them it's the first time they've asked and shouldn't be expected to sift through 160pages of questions, some of which the answers may be out of date.
                    I concur.

Comment

• Alright guys....

The problem is not for them to go through the whole thread before posting (which I and many others have done), but that they ask a question that has been answered a couple of pages back... meaning that if they at least read 2 or 3 pages before posting, they would've probably gotten an answer. We're all in here trying to help each other out through the whole "hurry up and wait" process, but it bothers me somewhat that some people seem to post on the thread just because the name of it is "CBP Officer" without even taking the time to catch up to a current discussion or to see if their question has been asked/answered. I mean the thread has been active for a few years now, since its original post...

now that we have all voiced our opinions on this... lets move on
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I'm the one who asked about the "mission-critical conduct". I have gotten confirmation that they have recieved my response letter to the NOPA. I'll let you guys know what exactly that turns out to be. Thanks for your help on this. This is a great forum, by the way, with the exeption of people not actually reading all the way through before asking questions that are already answered.

Comment

There's no appeal for failing the VBT.

You'll have to wait your year out.

I don't see why you can't apply for a BP position, if that appeals to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NNY View Post
                            I am a new member and have found this site VERY helpful. Got the call Monday night! I leave for the academy November 3!

Test-Fall of 2007
                            TO- end of June 2008
                            Final job offer-Sept 22, 2008
                            Port located - Northern NY Canadian border
                            Congrats and welcome to the fun!
                            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Little Birdie told me....

...Next Vacancy Announcement for CBPO is October 6, 2008.

Sorry, no details.

FOR CUJEN...Reapply this next vacancy and hopefully, by this time you take the VBT again, it will be a year. I failed the VBT also first time around. Second time said exactly the same things and passed. I did not ask for an explaination because it's best not to ruffle the Ports practices...if you know what I mean. Advise: Suck it up and do it again.

Comment

• Quick question guys.What kind of firearm does CBP use?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10040 users online. 439 members and 9601 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X