Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by draqon View Post
    Hey guys,

Do you guys recommend wearing a suit to the VBT? Since its suppose to be like an interview and the people that review the tape are trained interviewers, I would assumed it is best to wear a suit and look nice.
    better to be over dressed than under dressed. Do you think the guys reviewing the results are going to take a negative note of a guy in a suit or a guy in a polo and jeans?
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Hey guys...I know this is a silly question...but during the vision test I know you need 20/40 and 20/100 uncorrected...but how are they going to know if you are wearing contacts or not? I know for other law enforcement all you need is 20/40 if you are wearing soft contact lens.

Comment

Hey guys...I know this is a silly question...but during the vision test I know you need 20/40 and 20/100 uncorrected...but how are they going to know if you are wearing contacts or not? I know for other law enforcement all you need is 20/40 if you are wearing soft contact lens.
        Alright already,
        you have been asking questions that have been answered 50 times already throughout the thread. PLEASE for all you new people READ through the thread before you post a question... The "search" feature is your friend!....

Now,
        as to your question here, it really presents you in an unfavorable light as to your person. Let me explain... You just basically asked if you could cheat through your medical " by wearing contact lenses that how would they know if you had them on"..... That right there is an "AUTOMATIC" DQ, it is the same thing as lying on your BI and having IA find out you lied.

As for the VBT,
        Everyone who has taken it has signed a non-disclosure form, so we can only say it's a Video Based Test, Wear a suit, and have a customer service mindset. That said, if you have taken the VBT for peace officer in California you'll have an advantage over anyone who has no clue how it all goes.

There I'm done venting.....
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

...but how are they going to know if you are wearing contacts or not?

Uhh...how about because the doc is going to look at your eyes?

I surely hope you're not thinking of trying to wear the contacts without informing the medical staff in order to pass the vision test. A statement like yours is both presumptuous and arrogant. Moreover, it suggests a basic character flaw that will curtail your career in any professional law enforcement capacity.

We in law enforcement have an obligation to be above reproach with regard to our honor. Foremost in our belief system is that there can be no question as to our honesty and integrity. Without them you are of little use to the Agency and to those who serve beside you.

I'll elaborate further if you wish, but for now I only ask you to more carefully consider your words and your possible actions before you speak or type.
          ========================================

sigpic

I feel the need - the need for speed.

Maverick and Goose, TOPGUN

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Alright already,
            you have been asking questions that have been answered 50 times already throughout the thread. PLEASE for all you new people READ through the thread before you post a question... The "search" feature is your friend!....

Now,
            as to your question here, it really presents you in an unfavorable light as to your person. Let me explain... You just basically asked if you could cheat through your medical " by wearing contact lenses that how would they know if you had them on"..... That right there is an "AUTOMATIC" DQ, it is the same thing as lying on your BI and having IA find out you lied.

As for the VBT,
            Everyone who has taken it has signed a non-disclosure form, so we can only say it's a Video Based Test, Wear a suit, and have a customer service mindset. That said, if you have taken the VBT for peace officer in California you'll have an advantage over anyone who has no clue how it all goes.

There I'm done venting.....

Whoa whoa. I am sorry if it sounded like that. By no means was I implying on any form of cheating the medical exam. I only asked that question is because I understand that for other law enforcement vision tests, all you need is to go there and they will test your vision and they don't care if you are wearing contacts or not as long as you see 20/40. Someone at Berkley PD did not even have to take a vision test.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding and next time I will use the search option. Please forgive me I am new here.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
              I have the adjudication guidelines on my laptop. When I can I will post it. I can't remember what mission critical is. It has something to do with past behavior not being being in accordance with the agencies goals. (I think)
              Both drug use and criminal conduct would fall under mission critical...

Comment

• Originally posted by madchiken View Post
                Both drug use and criminal conduct would fall under mission critical...
                Yes, but the point of the discussion was there are 3 boxes that can be checked on the NOPA, i believe: Criminal conduct, Drug use, Mission critical conduct. we were trying to clarify what falls under what for someone who asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  "You have tentatively met the pre-employment requirements and your file is being reviewed. Once a final determination is made that all requirements have been met, you will be notified of the next steps."

Congrats!

That's the finish line.

Be prepared for an offer soon.
                  Not to burst bubbles but I got that notification July 25. TSU received my file Aug 8, and I'm still waiting. As with everything government related "soon" is an extremely relative concept.

But you're closer to the end that the beginning, that's for sure.

Comment

Hey guys,

Do you guys recommend wearing a suit to the VBT? Since its suppose to be like an interview and the people that review the tape are trained interviewers, I would assumed it is best to wear a suit and look nice.
                    Personally, I wore a suit (then again my job makes me wear one most of the time when I'm out of the office, so no big deal for me.) It can't hurt to look good, but I doubt they're going to turn people away for not having nice clothes. Just dress neat.

Don't sweat it, it really wasn't a big deal.

Comment

Alright already,
                      Heh, the thread wouldn't be 4,000 posts long without double questions. Really there's only so much a person can ask. It's a form of burning off frustrated energy more than anything.

I actually have read the entire thread and the only question I remember being asked once and only once was what kind of firearm CBP uses (HK P2000 LEM .40, for the search challenged) I'm sure there are other one offs, but that's the only long discussion that happened once from what I recall.

We're all new once. Heh.

Comment

• Even though I think some questions on here are absolutely redundant. If it wasn't for repeated questions, this thread would die off. Oddly enough this thread keeps me sane in the mist of this waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hound77 View Post
                          Not to burst bubbles but I got that notification July 25. TSU received my file Aug 8, and I'm still waiting. As with everything government related "soon" is an extremely relative concept.

But you're closer to the end that the beginning, that's for sure.
                          Exactly. Uncle Sugar's "soon" is an extremely relative concept.

I supposed I could have said:

"Congrats!

That's the finish line.

Be prepared to go to TSU and sit from 8 to 8,000 hours while waiting for your call."

That is closer to the truth.

Comment

• The wait

The only real problem that I have with the "hurry up and wait" concept is that I'm always afraid that my file has fallen behind some guys desk. There is no reference of a time line to know when things are askew, so you don't know if or when you should call and ask.
                            Last edited by Pawn922; 09-25-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Alright already,
                              Exactly. Bravo!

An effective LEO needs to be able to think and do research many times on his own. You'll seldom have people around to spoon feed you in the real world.

'Search' is your friend. 'Google' is your friend. Use them. Most of your answers are out there, somewhere, on the net. Find them on your own. Developing the search skills you'll need on the job now, rather than later when you've a problem sitting in front of you, will only benefit you in the long run.

Comment

• I am a new member and have found this site VERY helpful. Got the call Monday night! I leave for the academy November 3!

Test-Fall of 2007
                                TO- end of June 2008
                                Final job offer-Sept 22, 2008
                                Port located - Northern NY Canadian border

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12956 users online. 508 members and 12448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X