Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im speaking of the first physical/medical exam. The hearing vision testing ect.. they want sit ups and push ups done within a minute how many push ups and sit ups ate deemed to pass you for the time being as i understand there will be a real physical test at the end? Tks. If u can recall how many u did to pass that would help.. again tks. Jan 7 2014 is my date for this.. im 6ft 200lbs shoyld be ok but you know how it is..

Comment

• Im speaking of the first physical/medical exam. The hearing vision testing ect.. they want sit ups and push ups done within a minute how many push ups and sit ups ate deemed to pass you for the time being as i understand there will be a real physical test at the end? Tks. If u can recall how many u did to pass that would help.. again tks. Jan 7 2014 is my date for this.. im 6ft 200lbs shoyld be ok but you know how it is..

Comment

• Originally posted by dplizzy View Post
        Im speaking of the first physical/medical exam. The hearing vision testing ect.. they want sit ups and push ups done within a minute how many push ups and sit ups ate deemed to pass you for the time being as i understand there will be a real physical test at the end? Tks. If u can recall how many u did to pass that would help.. again tks. Jan 7 2014 is my date for this.. im 6ft 200lbs shoyld be ok but you know how it is..
        Did you read the PDF? You have to have a combined score of 80 points to pass at the bare minimum. In the first half, find the four exercises and find the minimum number to get 20 points. That is 25 situps and 17 pushups. You will have to do a bit of reading for your application, don't skip anything.

Comment

• Hey guys quick question if I'm not wrong I've read that with the TSL comes a lot of paperwork you're supposed to fill out and send in?
          I have only done the 3 forms right after NOR.(and medical ones for pft-1) are there any additional ones at my stage or do they email them later?
          CBPO (West Coast)
          Exam: 08/29/13
          NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
          TSL: 12/16/13
          Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Ok thanks bro!

Comment

• hi does anyone know if the CBP academy/training period is paid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Th3boss View Post
                hi does anyone know if the CBP academy/training period is paid?
                the day you EOD is when you start getting paid
                tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                NOR-11/11
                TSL- 11/17/11
                pft1- 12/8/11
                Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                Qual- completed 3/12
                Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                S I-completed 3/12
                Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Rcvd TSL and rcvd email to schedule medical...however, I chose Northeast instead of Central East by accident and was informed that my selection was final and couldn't be changed...I don't want to work upstate New York, or all the way up in Buffalo...I wanted JFK...think I will just pass this up and take test over.

Comment

• I got northeast to. I wanted central east. I work with cbp officers in herdon va as armed federal contract guard. They say at the end of process when u get the call u can ask if cental east has openings. There has been success.. im going to try it. But best believe ima take whatever i get.

Comment

• They say at the end of process when u get the call u can ask if cental east has openings. There has been success.. im going to try it. But best believe ima take whatever i get.[/QUOTE]

I hate to bust your bubble but the Minneapolis Hiring Center isn't going to offer you a port outside of your original geo. preference. Maybe years ago they did but they don't do that anymore.

You have to remember, you are nothing more than a number to them-a warm body filling a spot.

Comment

• Hello,
                        I applied for BPA but no one replies in that thread, but im sure the process is relatively the same...

I was wondering if anyone knew... if I wanted to switch jobs while Im still in the BI (havent done polly yet), is there anything I need to do, like notify the MHC?

Comment

• I recently got my E-QIP email that was supposed to have a TSL2 attached with contact info, but it seems to have been missing that. Has anybody else run into that issue?

Comment

• What's your timeline look like?
                            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC0072 View Post
                              Hello,
                              I applied for BPA but no one replies in that thread, but im sure the process is relatively the same...

I was wondering if anyone knew... if I wanted to switch jobs while Im still in the BI (haven't done poly yet), is there anything I need to do, like notify the MHC?
                              I would say first get on the job and then determine what you want to do. MHC have a one track mind about the process and if you switch you might just screw yourself up. I say get the job first do about two years (which is the probationary period) apply for the next cbpo exam and take it from there. Remember border patrol and cbp are two different departments and both require passing grade in order to start the process.

You can't take the exam for border patrol and then call MHC and tell them you want to become cbp. It don't work that way sorry.
                              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                              first choice: Florida region
                              second choice: Puerto Rico
                              Test-8/21/11
                              NOR-3/23/12
                              Test Management Application-8/16/12
                              TSL-2/25/13
                              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                              PFT 2-
                              The Call-
                              E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Torubu View Post
                                I recently got my E-QIP email that was supposed to have a TSL2 attached with contact info, but it seems to have been missing that. Has anybody else run into that issue?
                                Contact MHC and inform them that you didn't receive that information. It is important because it has phone numbers you will need in case you have questions about e-quip. I still have mine but I'm not sure if it's the same for all people. Yours might be different from mine.
                                Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                                first choice: Florida region
                                second choice: Puerto Rico
                                Test-8/21/11
                                NOR-3/23/12
                                Test Management Application-8/16/12
                                TSL-2/25/13
                                PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                                Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                                B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                                V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                                S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                                Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                                PFT 2-
                                The Call-
                                E.O.D-

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4753 users online. 273 members and 4480 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X