300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
    once you get into CBP, are there specialized units within the CBP? Such as k9 or tactical stuff?
    K9 is a lateral you apply for, any other unit you bid for is more about seniority than anything else.... But to give you a simple answer... Yes.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• scheduled for pft-1 tomorrow any advice?
      Last edited by aal; 12-22-2013, 10:30 PM.
      CBPO (West Coast)
      Exam: 08/29/13
      NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
      TSL: 12/16/13
      Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Pft1.....be on time. That's about it. You won't see any cbos there so just go in pt gear. That's it. And good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by mvc View Post
          Call MHC and ask them about your status, usually they'll let you know of your polygraph status
          Will Do

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
            well how many high speed officers gave back their cash award???

Cause if you guys don't care about FLAP I'm pretty damn sure u guys don't want those cash awards right.
            That very well may happen. There is very little money to go around. Though furloughs are not being talked about right now sequestration is still in effect for the next nine years that means continued cuts. Again, FLAP and cash awards are just that they are awards. They are not part of your salary and you are not entitled to them just by being employed.

You could resign and find a local LEO job. However, in many parts of the country, local LEO's are not worried about awards because they are getting laid off.

FB

Comment

• FWIW, I think that most cash awards are even more of a joke than the FLAP awards. At least with the FLAP awards one has to 'learn' and 'use' another language.

Cash awards are as much about supporting cronyism and nepotism as they are about rewarding people for meaningful contributions to the agency/mission.

Comment

• Anyone have or know someone renting a room or place down near San Ysidro or Chula Vista, California? I'll be down there Jan 6 - Feb 6 for pre-academy. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoD4Life View Post
                  what region did you apply to?
                  I originally was West Coast but switched to SWB.
                  Geo: SWB
                  CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                  NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                  TSL - 01/31/14
                  Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                  VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                  BI - 03/15/14
                  Poly - 04/30/14
                  BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                  Drug Test - 06/26/14
                  The Call - 06/26/14
                  PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                  EOD - 07/14/14
                  Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by mvc View Post
                    Anyone have or know someone renting a room or place down near San Ysidro or Chula Vista, California? I'll be down there Jan 6 - Feb 6 for pre-academy. Thanks.
                    Best thing to do, IMO, is call into the port and see if they can put you in touch with someone. Hell for the size that SYS is, there's bound to be someone with an open room.

Comment

• Take my pre employment exam in two weeks. How many push ups and sit ups are required to pass? And any other info pertaining to this if possible what to expect ect.. tks

Comment

• Originally posted by dplizzy View Post
                        Take my pre employment exam in two weeks. How many push ups and sit ups are required to pass? And any other info pertaining to this if possible what to expect ect.. tks
                        Are you talking about your written exam or your physical exam? Situps are as many as you can do in a minute with a minimum of 25 I think. Pushups are a minimum of 17. Here is a PDF with the info in it:
                        http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitn...ct%20Sheet.pdf

I EOD on January 6, 2014. It should be fun and exciting to get going with an actual career. I have worked at a grocery store for over five years, and it was a customer who recommended I look into Customs. It is a lengthy process, but it will be worth it. Keep your heads up and be patient.

Comment

• Hi Everyone

I am new to this. I was contacted (missed call) today to schedule an appointment for pre employment exam. Does anyone know how far back I can schedule the appointment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Soup View Post
                            Got my TSL today for the North East! I scored 91 on the test. Has anyone with their TSL able to get into CASS? It won't let me in yet.
                            I got my TSL 12/18/13 and was finally able to get into CASS today 12/26/13.

Comment

• Originally posted by paola_ram View Post
                              Hi Everyone

I am new to this. I was contacted (missed call) today to schedule an appointment for pre employment exam. Does anyone know how far back I can schedule the appointment?
                              The should have also sent you an email.

Comment

• Originally posted by sizzlin bacon View Post
                                Are you talking about your written exam or your physical exam? Situps are as many as you can do in a minute with a minimum of 25 I think. Pushups are a minimum of 17. Here is a PDF with the info in it:
                                http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitn...ct%20Sheet.pdf

I EOD on January 6, 2014. It should be fun and exciting to get going with an actual career. I have worked at a grocery store for over five years, and it was a customer who recommended I look into Customs. It is a lengthy process, but it will be worth it. Keep your heads up and be patient.

Congrats on making it through all the process to reach your upcoming EOD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8134 users online. 349 members and 7785 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X