Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a swap. Pm me

Comment

• I have a question. While it may have already been brought up somewhere among these 39,000 posts I am going to inquire about it. I am scheduled to take my poly on the 17th. Does this mean my background investigation has already started. In CASS it shows my file is in the office. Is it normal to take the poly before the background is started? I am a 2012 applicant for the NW region. All I have left after the poly is the drug test, meet with the BI and the pft2.

Comment

• Originally posted by krash View Post
        I have a question. While it may have already been brought up somewhere among these 39,000 posts I am going to inquire about it. I am scheduled to take my poly on the 17th. Does this mean my background investigation has already started. In CASS it shows my file is in the office. Is it normal to take the poly before the background is started? I am a 2012 applicant for the NW region. All I have left after the poly is the drug test, meet with the BI and the pft2.
        CASS has shown my BI in the security office since I got a TSL. I had my BI interview 2,5 years ago and polygraph almost a year ago. Remember that CASS means nothing.
        Gek.

Comment

• Scored a 89 and got my TSL and got my vbt next week . All this for central east coast.
          Originally posted by G.FLORES View Post
          Has anyone who scored below a 90 got the tsl?
          Geo: Central East Coast
          Test: 8/15/13 (Score: 89)
          NOR: 9/9/13
          TSL: 11/27/13
          VBT: 12/17/13

Comment

• I have a question is there any order in how things go? Because I hve my vbt scheduled for next Tuesday yet I haven't even been contacted for a medical or fitness test.

Comment

• Originally posted by james_bond007 View Post
              I have a question is there any order in how things go? Because I hve my vbt scheduled for next Tuesday yet I haven't even been contacted for a medical or fitness test.
              No there is no set sequence that is fallowed when it comes to cbp and this process. You will do thing different then most of the people on this site. Your process might be short or last a few years all depend on cbp and what they need
              Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
              first choice: Florida region
              second choice: Puerto Rico
              Test-8/21/11
              NOR-3/23/12
              Test Management Application-8/16/12
              TSL-2/25/13
              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
              Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
              B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
              PFT 2-
              The Call-
              E.O.D-

Comment

• I tested in Oct. 2013 and scored 99. I got my TSL on 11/27 but no further steps. I see many people who got TSL on or around the same time and got invited for VBT or MED. I wonder it is because I chose Westcoast...

Comment

• See shoulda chosen central east coast the lady from mhc hinted to me I shouldn't change my region as I planned to Florida So I kept it and seems I got her hint right.
                  Originally posted by justinyim89 View Post
                  I tested in Oct. 2013 and scored 99. I got my TSL on 11/27 but no further steps. I see many people who got TSL on or around the same time and got invited for VBT or MED. I wonder it is because I chose Westcoast...

Comment

• Well, today I received "the Call" at 8:23AM I EOD on January 6th and go to FLETC on February 10-June 16, 2014.

I have my second physical fitness test coming up as well. I EOD at Point Roberts, Washington. Read about this place, it is kinda weird... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Roberts,_Washington

My other options were one in North Dakota, two in Montana and two in Washington. Point Roberts is about an hour drive from my house, so it will be a lot more driving than I am used to (I work two miles from my house).

I have been training for this physical fitness test since August of last year and feel ready for it. Don't want to jinx myself though...

Anyway, hang in there guys, it might take a while to get through the process, but when you get "the Call", it is all worthwhile.

Comment

See shoulda chosen central east coast the lady from mhc hinted to me I shouldn't change my region as I planned to Florida So I kept it and seems I got her hint right.

Can you change your geo preference? I think i saw in my TSL you cant change it..

Comment

• You could but I don't recommend it once u get a tsl. so just weight it out now.
                        Originally posted by justinyim89 View Post
                        Can you change your geo preference? I think i saw in my TSL you cant change it..

Comment

• Congrats! I can't see your time line. How was your wait from Tsl till the call today?
                          Originally posted by sizzlin bacon View Post
                          Well, today I received "the Call" at 8:23AM I EOD on January 6th and go to FLETC on February 10-June 16, 2014.

I have my second physical fitness test coming up as well. I EOD at Point Roberts, Washington. Read about this place, it is kinda weird... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_Roberts,_Washington

My other options were one in North Dakota, two in Montana and two in Washington. Point Roberts is about an hour drive from my house, so it will be a lot more driving than I am used to (I work two miles from my house).

I have been training for this physical fitness test since August of last year and feel ready for it. Don't want to jinx myself though...

Anyway, hang in there guys, it might take a while to get through the process, but when you get "the Call", it is all worthwhile.

Comment

Congrats! I can't see your time line. How was your wait from Tsl till the call today?
                            My process was along this line. Most of the dates are approximations.

Application: July 8, 2012
                            Test: August 20, 2012
                            NOR: September 3, 2012
                            Lots of paperwork: October 2012-January 2013
                            VBT (oral board): February 7, 2013 (exact date)
                            PFT1: February 28, 2013 (exact date)
                            More Paperwork...March 2013-July 2013
                            Polygraph 1: August 8, 2013 (exact date)
                            Polygraph 2: August 28, 2013 (exact date)
                            Background Investigation: September 3-10, 2013 (only a week to do mine)
                            "The Call": December 11, 2013 (I received the call on the 3rd of November initially, but due to a medical review and paperwork it delayed it almost a month).
                            PFT2: December 18, 2013-scheduled
                            EOD: January 6, 2014
                            FLETC: February 10-June 16, 2014
                            Last edited by sizzlin bacon; 12-13-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• So basiclly 9 months from the vbt date. Well I'm looking foward to a time line like yours or shorter. I'm praying very hard for a speedy process this time.

Comment

• Just got scheduled for PFT1 & Medical on 12/16/2013 at JFK Airport.

Here is my timeline so far...

Exam: 09/04/2013 (Geo: Central East)
                                NOR: 09/13/2013 (Score: 90, no vet prf)
                                TSL: 11/27/2013
                                Medical & PFT1: 12/16/2013
                                VBT & SI: 01/09/2014
                                Polygraph: Pending
                                Background Investigation: Pending
                                PFT2: Pending
                                EOD: Pending
                                FLETC: Pending
                                NYPD COP Exam # 1313 List # 3xx
                                APD-5: 08/12
                                Medical: 04/13
                                Psych: 06/13
                                Oral Psych: 06/13
                                BI: 08/13
                                JST: 10/13 (3:13)
                                Mini-Med: 10/13
                                Got the call: 1/5/14 @ 18:28
                                Academy: 01/08/2014
                                Graduation: July 2014

CBPO (Central East) 15-3
                                Exam: 09/04/13
                                NOR: 09/13/13 (90%)
                                TSL: 05/01/15
                                Medical & PFT1: 05/19/15
                                VBT: 06/17/15

Exams Taken: Port Authority Police, Suffolk Police (Score: 95%), Nassau Police (91.505%), NYS Trooper, NYC Sheriff, FDNY, NYS Court Officer & many more

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7445 users online. 417 members and 7028 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X