• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ermantroudt View Post
    Umm no...

Immigration Enforcement Training...
    16 weeks of Fletc Training...
    Enforce local, state and federal laws...
    Fix Dept of State mistakes...
    I wasn't saying that they aren't well trained. Im just saying that a lot of the cbpo's duties are very similar to that of a tsa screener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ermantroudt View Post
      Umm no...

Immigration Enforcement Training...
      16 weeks of Fletc Training...
      Enforce local, state and federal laws...
      Fix Dept of State mistakes...
      Are you confusing CBPO with IEA?

Comment

• Originally posted by MisterSU View Post
        If more CBP officers did more of this and less booth, then I'd agree. But it seems like (from reading this thread and CBP forum) that most/just about all CBPs are in Airports or booths at a land border. If I were to apply to be a CBP and if the opportunity arose to do a seaport, I would be all over it. And not just because there is a lot more to do, but I love working around the water and boats. But from the sound of it, newbies all get sent to an airport and are lucky to see sunshine in under five years - and the horror stories I keep reading about administrators screwing people out of transfers is crazy.
        I worked at a airport for a number of years, I can tell you when you have a possible NCIC wanted for murder, you LE training does kick in. I can't count how many fights I have gotten into because someone thought CBP wasn't sh**, disobeyed a direct law order. They know now. Like CBP1895 said, I work on several enforcement teams, provide personnel protection for visiting dignitaries, served warrants with customs agents, surveillance. Yea it can be boring at times,so work as a sheriff in a town with the population of 20 seniors. But I can name a number of 1811's agents/agencies that do even less. I say get in get your experience and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1895DCSkate View Post
          I worked at a airport for a number of years, I can tell you when you have a possible NCIC wanted for murder, you LE training does kick in. I can't count how many fights I have gotten into because someone thought CBP wasn't sh**, disobeyed a direct law order. They know now. Like CBP1895 said, I work on several enforcement teams, provide personnel protection for visiting dignitaries, served warrants with customs agents, surveillance. Yea it can be boring at times,so work as a sheriff in a town with the population of 20 seniors. But I can name a number of 1811's agents/agencies that do even less. I say get in get your experience and move on.
          I'd love to have a shot at becoming a CBP, getting a fed job out of college would suit me quite well. I was just referring to the physical standards vs. general demands of the job for most - that Ive read. Im happy to see your enjoying your job it just seems Im reading about a lot of unhappy people and a lot of scary stories about different places and things lately.

Comment

• I have been going through the process for CBP Officer and everything is completed except for background and qualifications. The qualifications portion says "A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending. ". Is this normal that this would still be pending or am I screwed?

Comment

• Originally posted by karn101 View Post
              Are you confusing CBPO with IEA?
              Nope.

Erm

Comment

• VBT interview info

Can anyone tell me how long the VBT interview is, roughly? Im thinking about flying in for the day to do it and want to make sure I book a flight that's late enough. Thanks for any input!

Comment

• Originally posted by zeit_geist View Post
                  Can anyone tell me how long the VBT interview is, roughly? Im thinking about flying in for the day to do it and want to make sure I book a flight that's late enough. Thanks for any input!
                  Depending on how long they make you wait to get interviewed. For me it took about 1:15 minutes. It varies but I would say it should take no longer than 2 hours.
                  Annoy a liberal use facts and logic

Liberalism, when hating America just isn't enough

Liberals, destroying freedom one Bill at a time

Obama the Change we can't afford

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• NOR's

I took the CBPO test back in February and passed the test. When I go to application manager and log in and look at my CBPO section it shows 5 or 6 NOR's that were issued over 3 or 4 different dates. The latest one was issued today. Each of the NOR's says the exact same thing though. Does anyone have any idea why my application manager keeps being updated with the same notice of results?

Comment

• I noticed the same today in my application manager as well, regarding a Notice Of Result that was printed today. 3 months after taking and passing the Feb 07 CBPO exam.
                        A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well, and to help those
                        who are doing well to do even better.- Jim Rohn

Comment

• WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO, I'm finally in CASS!!!
                          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Congrats KC. Welcome to the wait.
                            Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Last edited by tigers2007; 04-17-2017, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by danreg99 View Post
                                I have been going through the process for CBP Officer and everything is completed except for background and qualifications. The qualifications portion says "A review of your work experience and/or education is still pending. ". Is this normal that this would still be pending or am I screwed?
                                That is normal. You should be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9820 users online. 472 members and 9348 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X