• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the called today!
    EOD - jan 6
    FLETC - feb 10 - June
    PFT 2 - to be scheduled
    I was offered calexico, ca or sys, ca. I accepted sys, ca.

Comment

• Got my VBT @ JFK Airport on 01/09/2014
      NYPD COP Exam # 1313 List # 3xx
      APD-5: 08/12
      Medical: 04/13
      Psych: 06/13
      Oral Psych: 06/13
      BI: 08/13
      JST: 10/13 (3:13)
      Mini-Med: 10/13
      Got the call: 1/5/14 @ 18:28
      Academy: 01/08/2014
      Graduation: July 2014

CBPO (Central East) 15-3
      Exam: 09/04/13
      NOR: 09/13/13 (90%)
      TSL: 05/01/15
      Medical & PFT1: 05/19/15
      VBT: 06/17/15

Exams Taken: Port Authority Police, Suffolk Police (Score: 95%), Nassau Police (91.505%), NYS Trooper, NYC Sheriff, FDNY, NYS Court Officer & many more

Comment

• Originally posted by kimran611 View Post
        Got my VBT @ JFK Airport on 01/09/2014
        Congrats hope all goes well for you on the test/ interview. Dont over think it and answer the question truthfully.
        Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
        first choice: Florida region
        second choice: Puerto Rico
        Test-8/21/11
        NOR-3/23/12
        Test Management Application-8/16/12
        TSL-2/25/13
        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
        Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
        B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
        PFT 2-
        The Call-
        E.O.D-

Comment

• I would say for the VBT, pay attention at the way they answer the questions in the "mock" scenario in the beggining, I feel like that was more important that I had initially thought.

Comment

• Advice for everyone out there don't forget to do your push ups and sit ups while waiting.

Today, I received "the call", so I attempted my own PFT 2 test trial and the results were shocking (haha). I would considered myself a "gym rat" and a typical workout session is about 2-3 hours of heavy lifting; however, today I was only able to accomplish (13 minute 1.5 mile on the trend mill, 17 push ups in 25 sec and 20 sit ups in 45 sec). The end result was a bit of a struggle and I'm currently switching my workout routine to only push ups, sit ups and long distance running. So morale of the story, even though you're fit for gym, push ups and sit ups could be quite a struggle if you don't brush up on them. Sorry for the rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.C View Post
              Hey pippo, did you hear back from them yet?
              Hey j.c. turn in your personal message I want to ask you a question
              Test-8/21/11
              NOR-3/23/12
              TSL-2/25/13
              PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
              V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
              S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
              Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
              PFT 2-
              The Call-
              E.O.D-

Comment

• I called them on Tuesday & IA told me that they received everything at QC, so now I'm just waiting....
                What about U, any update???

Comment

• Originally posted by Pippo509 View Post
                  I called them on Tuesday & IA told me that they received everything at QC, so now I'm just waiting....
                  What about U, any update???
                  Im in the same boat you are in. Hopefully everything will work out for us.
                  Test-8/21/11
                  NOR-3/23/12
                  TSL-2/25/13
                  PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                  V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                  S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                  Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                  PFT 2-
                  The Call-
                  E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by mvc View Post
                    Advice for everyone out there don't forget to do your push ups and sit ups while waiting.

Today, I received "the call", so I attempted my own PFT 2 test trial and the results were shocking (haha). I would considered myself a "gym rat" and a typical workout session is about 2-3 hours of heavy lifting; however, today I was only able to accomplish (13 minute 1.5 mile on the trend mill, 17 push ups in 25 sec and 20 sit ups in 45 sec). The end result was a bit of a struggle and I'm currently switching my workout routine to only push ups, sit ups and long distance running. So morale of the story, even though you're fit for gym, push ups and sit ups could be quite a struggle if you don't brush up on them. Sorry for the rant.
                    agreed, however for the pft2 you ONLY need the minimal.

once you get over to fletc, it's a different beast.

PT classes here will NOT get you in shape. it must be done on your own.

i am class three of CBP's new pt/trt/ regiment. i have no clue how the previous ones had it. but so far, not so much running.
                    tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                    NOR-11/11
                    TSL- 11/17/11
                    pft1- 12/8/11
                    Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                    Qual- completed 3/12
                    Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                    S I-completed 3/12
                    Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                    Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                    Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                    Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                    new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Thank you CBP for not paying me my FLAP. I guess from now on Im not speaking Spanish anymore. `

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                        Thank you CBP for not paying me my FLAP. I guess from now on Im not speaking Spanish anymore. `
                        Still paying FLAP in our office. That being said FLAP is a legacy customs thing prior to the merge and customs did not instruct Spanish at all so what you knew you learned on your own and you were rewarded for it.

Legacy Immigration had limited Spanish instruction in the academy and got out of it what you put into it. However, Immigration did not pay FLAP as speaking limited Spanish was expected hence the money spent to teach limited Spanish. Budgets are tight so things like FLAP and award money for example are going to be very limited.

FB

Comment

• So, 29 days after I submitted my medical clearance paperwork, it finally was processed. I had been calling twice a week and finally someone checked into it on the 3rd of December. He told me to call back on the 6th and see what had been found out about my paperwork. I called back on the 6th and sure enough, it had not been uploaded into the system at all. Just sitting in the medical review unit's office in some stack of paperwork. It got uploaded on the 5th...29 days after I spent $30 to overnight the paperwork to them. I am glad they are on top of it...

Anyway, I guess they will be expediting my review now, so maybe I will get notice this coming week. Hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                            Thank you CBP for not paying me my FLAP. I guess from now on Im not speaking Spanish anymore. `
                            who cares about the flap, you are not here to get rewards and stuff, Be a proud CBP like me... If there's no money there's no money, I still bring my 100% game every day..All of you future CBP's don't even pay attention to this guy... always be proud and do your job 100%.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                                who cares about the flap, you are not here to get rewards and stuff, Be a proud CBP like me... If there's no money there's no money, I still bring my 100% game every day..All of you future CBP's don't even pay attention to this guy... always be proud and do your job 100%.
                                Are you serious?? This is a joke. According to the agreement with the NTEU I'm entitle to that award and pay. I don't give a damn if you don't want the money or not, the reality is I'm entitle to it, if I don't get paid CBP should not request me to use it at the port. As simple as that. I'm more than fine just speaking English to every single traveler that comes to my port in primary or secondary. I'm taking pride on the work I do. I'm served this country in the military and now with this agency. You should know who you talking too before you opened your mouth. I'm glad your happy with the job. How long you been in this job? Finally 1 year? Maybe 2? But you should never question another cbp officer who is fighting for what he is entitle. We should be fighting together for better conditions, better environment and so on. Don't you ever question my integrity or even question why I'm doing this job. You don't want your FLAP? Fine, maybe they don't give it to you at your port, I don't know but questions another officer for something he should received according to NTEU and the agreement is crossing the line pal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8712 users online. 363 members and 8349 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X