Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, relax. It's ok to have feelings and do your job at the same. At least he is having all these thoughts before getting hired; what happens to people get hired and then realize they may have to do just that? And I really doubt that the OPM BI or the contract BI who represents OPM cares about his feelings about denying all ladies entry; those questions aren't listed in the SF86, so I doubt BI cares at all.

Comment

• Although I cannot answer your question, I had to go through the medical unit as well, it has only been a week (no response yet), but they given me a deadline of December 25th. I am guessing 1-3 weeks at most for them to make a decision.

Comment

• I sent my medical packet in last Friday to Medical Review Unit and it has been reviewed and completed today December 5th, 2013. I was very thorough with what they requested, so mine only took a few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
          Guys, relax. It's ok to have feelings and do your job at the same. At least he is having all these thoughts before getting hired; what happens to people get hired and then realize they may have to do just that?
          The main point of the job is to enforce U.S immigration law. If an sworn officer is not mentally capable of doing that he should not be hired. He should work in another line of work.

Officers are held to a much higher standard. I disagree with you telling everyone to relax.

Posted by Xngears View Post
          Thanks for answering my previous questions. The seaport does sound like the better option as I would rather deal with customs than immigration. Coming from a hispanic family that had to immigrate here, I'd probably feel depressed having to deny passage to an elderly grandma or two because of incorrect/forged paperwork.

Just a couple more questions and I think I'll have a good idea what to expect.

1. If I decide that the WiFi is inefficient/too slow, would I be allowed to set up my own service using my dorm's phone line? I've never actually done that before, but I believe you should be able to set up an existing ISP as long as you have the proper equipment. I may have to look into the cost options though, if that ends up costing significantly more than just using the dorm's available WiFi.

2. How big is the living space in a single dorm room, and is a desk included? I'm debating about bringing my PC over and setting it up in the dorm. A tower, monitor, mouse and keyboard.

This is troubling. (In other words you wouldn't do your job). Unethical/Deceitful.

And I really doubt that the OPM BI or the contract BI who represents OPM cares about his feelings about denying all ladies entry; those questions aren't listed in the SF86, so I doubt BI cares at all.
          This is even more troubling.
          Last edited by unidentifiedperson; 12-05-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Took my test in August, got my tsl last week and have my VBT at the end of this month. Anyone else moving along this quickly? I put in for the Midwest, hope they're hiring a lot so I can get through.
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
              Took my test in August, got my tsl last week and have my VBT at the end of this month. Anyone else moving along this quickly? I put in for the Midwest, hope they're hiring a lot so I can get through.
              PFT 1 and VBT comes rather quickly, the real wait starts after.
              1 month after my TSL, I had my PFT 1. VBT the month after. Then my BI/interview 7 months later. poly 3 weeks later.

Comment

Took my test in August, got my tsl last week and have my VBT at the end of this month. Anyone else moving along this quickly? I put in for the Midwest, hope they're hiring a lot so I can get through.
                what was your score on the exam?
                CBPO (West Coast)
                Exam: 08/29/13
                NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                TSL: 12/16/13
                Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• AAL, I got a 94, what about you? Thanks for the info MVC, I'll settle in for the long haul.
                  Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• I took my test in OCT. 2013 and got 99. I got my TSL last week but no schedule for anything.

Im also in process of BPA application. Do you guys know if CBPO can use my medical, background check, polygraph from BPA application?

Thanks

Comment

• Old ladies are the worst. The lie big time to come here and work illegally. I have no feelings toward anybody that come either to my line or in secondary. I also work with refugees. Also good luck dealing with the residents that are not living here but they come once or twice a year for a few days to keep their status.

Comment

• At the end of the day you will try to enforce the law but somebody higher than you will interpret the law and he will make a decision.
                        Last edited by xtrider; 12-05-2013, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• anyone in the south east region get to the next step after testing?

Comment

AAL, I got a 94, what about you? Thanks for the info MVC, I'll settle in for the long haul.
                            I scored 87 but I am on WestCoast, so I imagine I have still have a while to go, given that the region moves a little slower and my score isn't as high.
                            CBPO (West Coast)
                            Exam: 08/29/13
                            NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                            TSL: 12/16/13
                            Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pippo509 View Post
                              Hello JC....
                              Your story is like I'm reading my own poly interview from last week. The only thing we can do is to wait for QC to call us for the 2nd poly....
                              Gook luck.....
                              Hey pippo, did you hear back from them yet?

Comment

• What is course material like at Fletc? How challenging is it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12682 users online. 478 members and 12204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X