Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to everyone who passed the PFT2 today, and earlier this week!

We had about 13 who passed it in Chula Vista today. Now on to pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xngears View Post
      I also attended the fitness test in Sunrise, FL on 11/20. I passed the test and am waiting to get my letter/email so I know who to get in touch with for my pre-employment orientation (which is scheduled for 12/16).

In the meantime, I want to take that time to get some questions answered regarding the Academy training and so forth. I'm hoping some of you can help answer them, so I can be fully prepared for the next few months.

1. Do the dorm rooms in the GA Academy have WiFi? As silly as it sounds, I find internet usage absolutely essential for day-to-day life, both for keeping track of family and friends, managing email and also to pass the downtime (I'm hoping to bring my Apple TV).

2. Are there rules regarding dorm room visitors, such as friends and family? What about other officers that you may become acquainted with?

3. When does health insurance kick in?

4. Are all meals provided, including breakfast lunch and dinner? What kind of meals do they serve?

5. What kind of daily physical training is provided and how rigorous is it?

6. My last question is in regards to location. I was given the opportunity to work at either Florida International Airport or the Miami Everglades Seaport. My family suggested the Seaport because it was easier to get to from where I lived, and that it would presumably be less hectic than working in the airport. Are there any significant pros/cons that I should factor into while choosing between the two locations?

Thank you for whatever help you may provide. I'm hoping that the research here will help alleviate some of the anxiousness I have.
      There is wifi... You pay for it though
      No outside visitors allowed
      Insurance kicks in when you sign, although you have to receive the cards in the mail... Takes a few weeks.
      All meals provided in the chow hall... But you'll soon get tired and look to eat outside
      The academy is physical and people do get hurt, be ready
      Seaport will be mostly customs work, airport mostly immigration... Up to you

Best of luck!
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Anyone wanna swap San Ysidro for anywhere on east coast.... Wishful thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Congratulations anyway mvc, getting the green check ion BI is great news! Hope they call you soon.
          Updating you my process. MHC requires me to go get medical clearance. I completed the packet they emailed me and will be sending it in this Wednesday. Have you received any new or good news yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by mvc View Post
            Updating you my process. MHC requires me to go get medical clearance. I completed the packet they emailed me and will be sending it in this Wednesday. Have you received any new or good news yet?
            That should be nothing, hand that in and you should get the call soon enough. Just a small hiccup that's all. With me just more of the same, nothing. I emailed an IA contact that was assigned to me on Friday, but have heard nothing as of yet. She told me three months ago to email her if in three months othing has changed and it has been three months. So we will se when I get that email response. Hopefully it's good news, I could use some.
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Hello JC....
              Your story is like I'm reading my own poly interview from last week. The only thing we can do is to wait for QC to call us for the 2nd poly....
              Gook luck.....

Comment

• Same here.

Comment

• TSLs going out in January is false. I just got mine.

Comment

• Just got my TSL as well for Central East region. It came via email. Anyone know what to expect next?
                    NYPD COP Exam # 1313 List # 3xx
                    APD-5: 08/12
                    Medical: 04/13
                    Psych: 06/13
                    Oral Psych: 06/13
                    BI: 08/13
                    JST: 10/13 (3:13)
                    Mini-Med: 10/13
                    Got the call: 1/5/14 @ 18:28
                    Academy: 01/08/2014
                    Graduation: July 2014

CBPO (Central East) 15-3
                    Exam: 09/04/13
                    NOR: 09/13/13 (90%)
                    TSL: 05/01/15
                    Medical & PFT1: 05/19/15
                    VBT: 06/17/15

Exams Taken: Port Authority Police, Suffolk Police (Score: 95%), Nassau Police (91.505%), NYS Trooper, NYC Sheriff, FDNY, NYS Court Officer & many more

Comment

• I guess its going to be a while for me, scored below an 80 ...

Comment

• I got my TSL for the Midwest. My score was a 94. Any idea how long until the next step?
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
                          I guess its going to be a while for me, scored below an 80 ...
                          same here. The math got me; I did well everywhere else. If tsl going out now, hopefully in a few months we are next.
                          CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                          02/28/14-TSL Received
                          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                          07/01/14-VBT/SI
                          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
                            I guess its going to be a while for me, scored below an 80 ...
                            I scored 76 in march 2012 and got my tsl in march 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by tobynieves View Post
                              Which region?

Comment

• Originally posted by tobynieves View Post
                                The way this agency functions, I'm not surprised. LMAO!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9553 users online. 404 members and 9149 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X