300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ladyta2004 View Post
    Its been about 4 months since I have taken my polygraph. Called the hiring center and they said that my file is with IA. I have not been told if my poly was cleared by QA and nothing from a BI. I don't like this

TSL: 02/13
    PFT1: 03/13
    Medical: 03/13
    Poly: ?
    B.I.: ?
    Drug Test: ?
    PFT2: ?
    Took me 4 years to get the job... You need to be patient with this process, no rhyme or rhythm... It just goes different for everyone. I've seen people hired in 3-6 months... And thre are those like me, that waited years to get it... While I wa at FLETC there was a guy that waited 7 years, then he got injured at the academy... No more job for him.
    Keep trucking along as if you never applied, do what they ask when they call or send you stuff, and NEVER pass up an opportunity because you're waiting for CBP.

Best of Luck...
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone have the IA fax number where you fax in your NOPA response? The fax number they gave me doesn't work, and they haven't responded to my email requesting a working number yet. I'm worried that if I mail it in at this point it won't be there on time.
      Geo: Northwest GS-5
      CBPO Exam: 08/12
      TSL 1: 01/14/13
      Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
      Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
      VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
      Drug Test: ???
      Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
      TSL 2: 04/13
      BI: In the security office
      TSU: ???
      EOD: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by blue_sky View Post
        Does anyone have the IA fax number where you fax in your NOPA response? The fax number they gave me doesn't work, and they haven't responded to my email requesting a working number yet. I'm worried that if I mail it in at this point it won't be there on time.
        USPS and FedEx offer overnight services. It's like $20.
        Gek.

Comment

• pre-acad for SYS is eh... finish the pre-acad computer/class work, then you get to help out with misc things, then if you're lucky soft shadow behind the counter.
          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
          NOR-11/11
          TSL- 11/17/11
          pft1- 12/8/11
          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
          Qual- completed 3/12
          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
          S I-completed 3/12
          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
          Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
          new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
            pre-acad for SYS is eh... finish the pre-acad computer/class work, then you get to help out with misc things, then if you're lucky soft shadow behind the counter.
            Same story at Brownsvillle. There are a lot of computer courses and access training. Then shadowing officers here and there. This is going to be a long 2 months....
            CBPO Timeline
            Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
            TSL: 09/12/12
            Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
            TSU: 4/22/13
            PFT 2: 10/8/13
            EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
            FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
            BPA Timeline
            Test: 03/16/13
            NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
            GEO Pref: South Texas
            TSL1: 06/21/13
            PFT1:
            Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
            Med: 3/2013
            Interview: 9/26/13
            EQUIP: 9/24/2012
            BI Investigator: 4/2/13
            Poly: 3/19/13
            Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by blue_sky View Post
              Does anyone have the IA fax number where you fax in your NOPA response? The fax number they gave me doesn't work, and they haven't responded to my email requesting a working number yet. I'm worried that if I mail it in at this point it won't be there on time.
              Which Northwest POE are you hoping for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                pre-acad for SYS is eh... finish the pre-acad computer/class work, then you get to help out with misc things, then if you're lucky soft shadow behind the counter.
                Is it days, nights, or mixed and is it at SYS or Otay Mesa ?

Comment

• Hi Everyone got my polygraph on Tuesday any advice?? I am looking forward to getting past this step!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
                    Hi Everyone got my polygraph on Tuesday any advice?? I am looking forward to getting past this step!!
                    Stay calm and don't over think the questions to much. Last answer truthfully no matter what. Last thing you want to do is leave out some details that will get you disqualified
                    Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                    first choice: Florida region
                    second choice: Puerto Rico
                    Test-8/21/11
                    NOR-3/23/12
                    Test Management Application-8/16/12
                    TSL-2/25/13
                    PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                    Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                    B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                    V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                    S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                    Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                    PFT 2-
                    The Call-
                    E.O.D-

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
                      Stay calm and don't over think the questions to much. Last answer truthfully no matter what. Last thing you want to do is leave out some details that will get you disqualified

Thank you! have you taken the polygraph yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
                        Thank you! have you taken the polygraph yet?
                        I have not but I know some people that have and they told me the same thing. My poly is schedule for next week. So good luck to you on tomorrow poly
                        Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
                        first choice: Florida region
                        second choice: Puerto Rico
                        Test-8/21/11
                        NOR-3/23/12
                        Test Management Application-8/16/12
                        TSL-2/25/13
                        PFT 1-3/27/13- passed
                        Medical-3/27/13- put on medical review 5/21/2013-passed
                        B.I.- submitted 6/11/2013
                        V.B.T- 4/18/2013-passed
                        S.I.-4/18/2013-passed
                        Poly- 11/20/2013-pending
                        PFT 2-
                        The Call-
                        E.O.D-

Comment

• Well I finally got in contact with IA after being told two weeks ago that my BI should be complete by last week. I pessimistically said then that I'd believe it when I see it. Guess I was correct to doubt IA. I was told today the same thing I've always been told, that it is still waiting on the their supervisors finally review. Really wish I could find out either way. I have a feeling that my BI will eventually have to be scrapped and started all over again, which is a wonderful thought. In a week or so I'm going to send an email to my BI rep. She told me to reach out to her if nothing happens in the next three months. She stated that she would then speak to IA to find out what is the hold up, I'm sure my email to her will also lead me to nowhere. It gets harder and harder to stay positive here.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Well I finally got in contact with IA after being told two weeks ago that my BI should be complete by last week. I pessimistically said then that I'd believe it when I see it. Guess I was correct to doubt IA. I was told today the same thing I've always been told, that it is still waiting on the their supervisors finally review. Really wish I could find out either way. I have a feeling that my BI will eventually have to be scrapped and started all over again, which is a wonderful thought. In a week or so I'm going to send an email to my BI rep. She told me to reach out to her if nothing happens in the next three months. She stated that she would then speak to IA to find out what is the hold up, I'm sure my email to her will also lead me to nowhere. It gets harder and harder to stay positive here.
                            do you think it's taking longer than other applicants due to the fact that you applied to other law enforcement positions as well? perhaps OPM or IA is waiting for your background conducted by other agencies? I'm just saying because I am also waiting for my background to finish, it's been awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by mvc View Post
                              do you think it's taking longer than other applicants due to the fact that you applied to other law enforcement positions as well? perhaps OPM or IA is waiting for your background conducted by other agencies? I'm just saying because I am also waiting for my background to finish, it's been awhile.
                              I never thought about that, but I doubt it. I had been waiting almost two years before I even took another exam. I had everything else cleared minus the poly as it was not mandatory when I applied and that was before I even thought about other Positions. BI's are very unpredictable hard to say who's will be done quicker, I was just delt this hand and have to ride it out. I know Yoda waited even longer and he had to start his BI all over again bc it took so long. They scrapped his first one and started a new one and I have a feeling that is what is going to happen to mine.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I have a question regarding GS-5. I am a bit confused whether I qualify for GS-5.

I have 89.5 Semester Units at community college
                                Earned my Associates degree

I've been a volunteer at the local sheriffs department as Citizen On Patrol(similar to Auxiliary) for 1.5 years. I do a minimum of 8 hours a month sometimes more.

I worked at Staples Retail store for about 1.4 years doing around 15-30 hours a week (Part time) depending on the season. I left in good terms for the current job i have now.

I currently now work at a private prison as a correctional officer. I've been here a month now working full time with a lot of overtime.

I plan to apply to multiple law enforcement agencies next year. I've been looking into CBP and BPA, but i'm a bit confused if i meet GS-5.

If anyone could help me, i'd greatly appreciate it.
                                knowledge equals confidence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7326 users online. 407 members and 6919 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X