300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MangoMan View Post
    Does your choice of GEO preference affect your hiring chances at all? I picked Florida since I live here, but would it be wiser to pick the southwest border since most of the hirings are there according to the website?

Just received my NoR yesterday and already uploaded my documents. What is the max score on the test? 100?

GEO does affect the length of time spent waiting to be scheduled for an EOD. PEV/FTL is in a huge expansion phase for both air and sea. With that said the wait wont be long at all. Good luck!
    Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
    CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
    NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
    Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
    VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
    Poly: Passed 2/13
    Quals: 6/13
    BI: 6/13
    Drug Test: 7/13
    TSU: 7/31/2013
    PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
    EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    FLETC: Class 341

Comment

• for all of you guys in pre-academy, good luck. time goes fast and when you open your eyes you be back with a badge and a gun. This is a really awesome job, I'm in Nogales and we are really busy , so if you are coming to Nogales get ready to work long hours.
      Last edited by Fer; 11-06-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• How is your score given email or mail?

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimDegreee View Post
          How is your score given email or mail?
          Email

Comment

• Thanx for the advice. I called MHC today and they told me Internal Affairs is still processing me, to decide if I'm suitable for employment.

Comment

• Originally posted by sizzlin bacon View Post
              What was it that you discussed with your polygraph administrator? It could be that they are digging into you background further than someone who did not have/need to admit anything. I would imagine that given the available pool of people to pick from, they may pass over potential candidates for those who are less administrative work. Call the MHC and see what they say. They are usually pretty good about getting things rolling if need be.
              Thanx for the advice. I called MHC today and they told me Internal Affairs is still processing me, to decide if I'm suitable for employment.

Comment

• Anyone here getting ready to EOD in San Ysidro on December 16th. I'm so excited to start this journey. Good luck and God Bless to you all.
                Last edited by LiveToCompete; 11-06-2013, 04:52 PM. Reason: misspell

Comment

• Originally posted by Toine88 View Post
                  Thanx for the advice. I called MHC today and they told me Internal Affairs is still processing me, to decide if I'm suitable for employment.
                  Once your BI is with IA MHC will only be able to give you very limited information. Even if you were to call IA they will not be able to provide you with too much more info either, but it will be more than what MHC can tell you. Your investigator will contact you when need be, you will not be able to reach out to her/him till they make first contact. The drug screening appointment does not mean they accepted your explanation about what was admitted in the poly. It just means it was time for your drug test. Be patient, you are in for a long ride. Just look at my timeline and you will see how it can be a long wait. Of course I had a NOPA, a tremendously long background investigation with a long wait on a poly to deal with. Everybody is different but it is almost never a quick and easy.
                  Last edited by Rms16; 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Last edited by TripleD; 11-10-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• got mine in e-mail. 80 points before veteran preference added. I swear I messed up the math section on purpose.
                      GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                        Otay Mesa here, so we'll be in the pre-academy and the same academy class. Did they email you regarding the PFT 2 test date? No word on this end.
                        I got an email the day After I received the call for my EOD. Where are you coming from ? You have any advice on housing for pre academy? Not sure what the best cheapest option is.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveToCompete View Post
                          . Where are you coming from ? You have any advice on housing for pre academy? Not sure what the best cheapest option is.
                          I live in the Mission Valley neighborhood of San Diego... Here is a copy and paste of one of my prior postings regarding housing in SD. You'll want some type of long term hotel. Let me know if you have any other questions about San Diego. And most of all Congrats it's a good job and great location!

While I don't have a lot of experience moving to SD on my own dime due to the fact the GOV moved me on a PCS, I've had friends who have. During pre-academy I'd stay in some sort of short term housing in the core of SD. You can move out after pre-academy and save some coin while at FLETC. Here is one example of the short-term housing I'm talking about, search for:

vantaggiosuites san diego

My buddy stayed at their Little Italy location and Loved it! The location is primo, and you'll understand right away why people love SD. There are a lot of international students at that location, so it's a good situation if you're single. If you're bringing a family or significant other I wouldn't recommend it due to the size of the units. Another pain in the arse is the parking.

I've heard that pre-academy is at Otay, so you WILL be driving daily because it is not well served by public transportation if you're far away. Also, Otay is an Industrial border area and I would not stay there. San Ysidro is a complete crap hole, do not stay there.

I have friends who work at both San Ysidro and Otay Mesa. Those who live in the Southern (Termed South Bay) part of the county say they plan on moving as soon as they can. If you live in South Bay you'll run into people you process on a regular basis when you're off duty.

I live in Mission Valley.... Awesome by most accounts if you're younger, single or have a small family. You cannot go wrong with the following locations either: Gas Lamp, Little Italy, most parts of Downtown, Mission Hills, La Jolla, Pt Loma (all expensive), parts of North Park and University Heights and UTC to name a few. If you require more room at a more reasonable price (who am I kidding, you won't find reasonable) consider La Mesa. It's a nice smaller town atmosphere on the uptick in a revitalization.

One more piece of advise for new Fed employees: Allocate at least %5 of your pay to TSP even if you think you can't afford it. It's one of the best things the Gov does for us. Once you pick up 9 or 11 try to bump it up for a tax shelter. On taxes in CA: The State will get their fair share of your check, I can assure you that.

It's getting long winded, so I'll shut up for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

• Its been about 4 months since I have taken my polygraph. Called the hiring center and they said that my file is with IA. I have not been told if my poly was cleared by QA and nothing from a BI. I don't like this

TSL: 02/13
                            PFT1: 03/13
                            Medical: 03/13
                            Poly: ?
                            B.I.: ?
                            Drug Test: ?
                            PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyta2004 View Post
                              Its been about 4 months since I have taken my polygraph. Called the hiring center and they said that my file is with IA. I have not been told if my poly was cleared by QA and nothing from a BI. I don't like this

TSL: 02/13
                              PFT1: 03/13
                              Medical: 03/13
                              Poly: ?
                              B.I.: ?
                              Drug Test: ?
                              PFT2: ?
                              Is there something you said that would be cause for concern with them? In all honesty, you are not too far in. Some of the people on here have been waiting for near three years. You're at 9 months...patience is something you should develop when trying to get a job with CBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyta2004 View Post
                                Its been about 4 months since I have taken my polygraph. Called the hiring center and they said that my file is with IA. I have not been told if my poly was cleared by QA and nothing from a BI. I don't like this
                                BI interview: July 2011. Polygraph: January 2013. I still have a pending BI. Hold your horses.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10776 users online. 381 members and 10395 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X