300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tiffmam View Post
    Regarding the VBT.... some people might just get nervous and say the wrong thing. That happens to a lot of people during interviews. How difficult is it? Do they ask a lot of questions? Does the person/panel that conducts the interview seem unfriendly and unwilling to help?
    The FAQ on their page gives a good description.

Comment

Regarding the VBT.... some people might just get nervous and say the wrong thing. That happens to a lot of people during interviews. How difficult is it? Do they ask a lot of questions? Does the person/panel that conducts the interview seem unfriendly and unwilling to help?

I am wondering the same thing. Is it similar to the law enforcement VBT?

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
        The FAQ on their page gives a good description.
        Just to clarify, you mean the cbp careers webpage right? I downloaded the generic CBPO FAQ thing in MS Word format, which I guess is the only information I'll need on the VBT.
        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by draqon View Post
          I am wondering the same thing. Is it similar to the law enforcement VBT?
          They strap you to a machine that delivers a shock every time you answer wrong.

Don't worry about the VBT, it's pretty simple. Got a pulse? Don't drool on yourself? Didn't wear a burlap sack to VBT? Your hired!

Comment

It's not an interview, it's a situational based video that you respond too.

Comment

• Anyone on here who tested in March of 08 get processed for Buffalo??

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                Just to clarify, you mean the cbp careers webpage right? I downloaded the generic CBPO FAQ thing in MS Word format, which I guess is the only information I'll need on the VBT.
                I think that is the same one that is also available when you login to CASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPnal06 View Post
                  Anyone on here who tested in March of 08 get processed for Buffalo??
                  I tested in March and Geo Pref'd Buffalo. They sent out a round of TO's in May or June. The TO's were sent to everyone who scored a 96 and above, as well as to some of those that received a score of 95. Not everyone that scored a 95 and Geo Pref'd Buffalo received a TO (I know this first hand because I scored a 95 and still haven't received a TO).

I have to admit, it's tough to watch everyone else on this board who scored in the eighties and lower receive TO's because they picked a different area, especially because Buffalo was listed as a "critical need area." But that's the nature of government civil service...."hurry up and wait."

Good luck
                  Last edited by boguesm; 09-24-2008, 07:05 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                    Yes, there are a number of people that haul their bikes down in their truck, and I'm sure they are happy they did it.
                    thanks for the response. I have a truck so that's what I'm gonna do.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguesm View Post

I have to admit, it's tough to watch everyone else on this board who scored in the eighties and lower receive TO's because they picked a different area, especially because Buffalo was listed as a "critical need area." But that's the nature of government civil service...."hurry up and wait."

Good luck
                      I'm in the same boat, I scored well also. Thought/hoped it would've happened a little faster because it was listed as "critical."

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        I think that is the same one that is also available when you login to CASS.
                        I can't be sure, for some reason the FAQ link on CASS isn't working for me, but I have a hunch you're right. Thanks for the heads up.
                        "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                          It's not an interview, it's a situational based video that you respond too.

I like the law enforcement situational training better because you get a fake glock and its like a video game except you could yell and shoot at the screen with real people in it. Pretty exciting I must say.

Comment

• Originally posted by boguesm View Post
                            I tested in March and Geo Pref'd Buffalo. They sent out a round of TO's in May or June. The TO's were sent to everyone who scored a 96 and above, as well as to some of those that received a score of 95. Not everyone that scored a 95 and Geo Pref'd Buffalo received a TO (I know this first hand because I scored a 95 and still haven't received a TO).

Good luck

I took the written test in early last month for Buffalo, scored 97(with 5 Vet pts), still waiting for the TO.
                            Integrity First
                            Service Before Self
                            Excellence In All We Do

Comment

• How long does it take for the TO to come in the mail after you're name has appeared on CASS?
                              CBPO- Hawaii
                              Written: 07/31/08
                              TO: 09/23/08
                              Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                              Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                              Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                              Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                              VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                              BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                              Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                              Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                              TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• Hey guys,

Do you guys recommend wearing a suit to the VBT? Since its suppose to be like an interview and the people that review the tape are trained interviewers, I would assumed it is best to wear a suit and look nice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5098 users online. 290 members and 4808 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X