300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUPPLYORDIE View Post
    Hey folks so is it safe to assume that the hiring process is at a complete stand still pending the result of the political stalemate in Washington meaning that no one is at work moving forward with the hiring processes? Just need to clarify! Thanks and good luck
    Yeah, pretty much stalled. I had a poly scheduled and my investigator is furloughed. Only essential personnel are working, so we are pretty much in limbo like everyone else.
    "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I did have my PFT2 as scheduled on Oct 8th. I passed and now just need the government to get their act together so we can all get back to work and continue this already long hiring process.
      CBPO Timeline
      Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
      TSL: 09/12/12
      Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
      TSU: 4/22/13
      PFT 2: 10/8/13
      EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
      FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
      BPA Timeline
      Test: 03/16/13
      NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
      GEO Pref: South Texas
      TSL1: 06/21/13
      PFT1:
      Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
      Med: 3/2013
      Interview: 9/26/13
      EQUIP: 9/24/2012
      BI Investigator: 4/2/13
      Poly: 3/19/13
      Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• I would check with my particular state with regards to unemployment benefits.

I'll guess that some states policies will be somewhat accommodating, others less so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
          I did have my PFT2 as scheduled on Oct 8th. I passed and now just need the government to get their act together so we can all get back to work and continue this already long hiring process.
          CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!! Great news! When do you EOD? And where?

Comment

• Originally posted by jabx7 View Post
            CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!! Great news! When do you EOD? And where?
            Thank you, I was suppose to EOD on Oct 28th but just got an email this morning saying my EOD date is now Nov 4th. I report to Brownsville, TX. Where are you in the process?
            CBPO Timeline
            Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
            TSL: 09/12/12
            Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
            TSU: 4/22/13
            PFT 2: 10/8/13
            EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
            FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
            BPA Timeline
            Test: 03/16/13
            NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
            GEO Pref: South Texas
            TSL1: 06/21/13
            PFT1:
            Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
            Med: 3/2013
            Interview: 9/26/13
            EQUIP: 9/24/2012
            BI Investigator: 4/2/13
            Poly: 3/19/13
            Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              I would check with my particular state with regards to unemployment benefits.

I'll guess that some states policies will be somewhat accommodating, others less so.
              There was guidance that was supposed to be given to all employees concerning unemployment while things like the waiting period may be different depending upon states qualifying for unemployment in this particular case is not.

CBP went as far as to give their employees a particular form that will be necessary to file the claim and everyone should have received that by E-mail several days ago.

FB

Comment

• Thinking about changing my geo location from the NE to the SW. I'm 31, and with my score of 74, it'll probably a couple of years till I land the job, and by then I'll be around 33. That least 3 years of work experience before I hit 37. Or if I decide to stay and godwilling transfer to another location, that'd be great.

Either way, I just think it's futile to try and find another job to get the 3 years experience when by then I'll already be hitting close to 37.
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                  Thinking about changing my geo location from the NE to the SW. I'm 31, and with my score of 74, it'll probably a couple of years till I land the job, and by then I'll be around 33. That least 3 years of work experience before I hit 37. Or if I decide to stay and godwilling transfer to another location, that'd be great.

Either way, I just think it's futile to try and find another job to get the 3 years experience when by then I'll already be hitting close to 37.

Things aren't looking to good now but I recommend retaking the test when the position reopens. You may be waiting a while for a TSL. Either way good luck.
                  Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
                  CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
                  NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
                  Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
                  VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
                  Poly: Passed 2/13
                  Quals: 6/13
                  BI: 6/13
                  Drug Test: 7/13
                  TSU: 7/31/2013
                  PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
                  EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
                  FLETC: Class 341

Comment

• EOD Nov 4 @ San Ysidro. I was supposed to start OCT 21 but this whole govt shutdown moved everything around.

Comment

EOD Nov 4 @ San Ysidro. I was supposed to start OCT 21 but this whole govt shutdown moved everything around.
                      same here but for Ft. Lauderdale. i am hopeful but the way things are going that date can change also.
                      Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
                      CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
                      NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
                      Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
                      VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
                      Poly: Passed 2/13
                      Quals: 6/13
                      BI: 6/13
                      Drug Test: 7/13
                      TSU: 7/31/2013
                      PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
                      EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
                      FLETC: Class 341

Comment

EOD Nov 4 @ San Ysidro. I was supposed to start OCT 21 but this whole govt shutdown moved everything around.
                        same here. had Hidalgo, TX originally Oct. 21.
                        "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                          There was guidance that was supposed to be given to all employees concerning unemployment while things like the waiting period may be different depending upon states qualifying for unemployment in this particular case is not.

CBP went as far as to give their employees a particular form that will be necessary to file the claim and everyone should have received that by E-mail several days ago.

FB

Just because...I recently applied online for UI benefits in my state of residency.
                          I was denied due to the fact that I had put in 4 or more days of unpaid work last week.
                          The computer was wanting nothing to do with my claim.

Maybe had I talked to a real person I could have advanced...I don't know.

Comment

• Well it looks like the gov't might open up.....let's hope it opens up so we can get to work!!!!!
                            "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHokie View Post
                              Well it looks like the gov't might open up.....let's hope it opens up so we can get to work!!!!!
                              AMEN TO THAT!!! Cant wait to get this part started!!! If anyone hears anything from MHC or their duty station, lets keep each other informed.

BTW, Anyone else going to San Ysidro??

Comment

• Yes AMEN to that. I am a Uniform Secret Service recruit. No news about if my class is delayed or not. God willing, everything gets straightened out soon. Take care

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9358 users online. 439 members and 8919 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X