300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
    Very frustrating just speculating and not knowing whats potentially going to happen I just feel at loss I Just received a job offer for another job and I'm just holding on thinking they might call but I dont know what to do so I guess I'll stay put for now at my current job and take the risk and hope my NOPA is accepted!!
    If you have an offer from another agency take it. If CBP comes along later you can always jump ship. Do not put your life on hold bc of this process. I waited before i started applying to other law enforcement jobs and that was a mistake. All bc I thought I'd be in by now. I was tremendously mistake.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
      did you already complete the whole process, your polygraph, background check, Met your BI and everything else?
      Yeah, of course. I'm just waiting on my background investigation to clear.
      Last edited by Drifting; 09-21-2013, 05:11 AM.
      Gek.

Comment

• Can someone please explain this GS scale to me. I see 14 Levels and 10 Steps. Say a person gets hired as a GS 5 or 7 how easy is it to get to the next GS.

it takes 52 weeks for a step and 2 years for 3-4 steps. it takes near 12 years in total for steps. please explain how you make money living on this....

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
          Can someone please explain this GS scale to me. I see 14 Levels and 10 Steps. Say a person gets hired as a GS 5 or 7 how easy is it to get to the next GS.

it takes 52 weeks for a step and 2 years for 3-4 steps. it takes near 12 years in total for steps. please explain how you make money living on this....
          As far as it relates to CBPOs, here is the current pay scale progression.

Assuming no future changes, the normal progression each year would be...

05/01
          07/01
          09/01
          11/01
          12/01
          12/02
          12/03
          12/04
          12/04
          12/05
          12/05
          12/06
          12/06
          12/07
          12/07
          12/07
          12/08
          12/08
          12/08
          12/09
          12/09
          12/09
          12/10

With 12/10 being the salary for each year additional.

Comment

• thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by gijoeavila View Post
              Where at in Montana? Im in roosville. It's beautiful over here. We get about 2-300 cars per day. When are you headed to fletc? I report a week from Friday (class 334)
              im in opheim, mt. I've gotten used to it. not learning as much as I would like but we'll see what happens. I wish I could've gone to rooseville. One of the cool things about working here is that there is government housing and they are very nice houses. There is a gym in our port and I have been working out everyday during my shift. ill be there 0ct 2. class 337

Comment

• Merlin, you don't get a grade and step increase? For example, you don't go from 5/01 to 7/02 to 9/03?
                Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                  Merlin, you don't get a grade and step increase? For example, you don't go from 5/01 to 7/02 to 9/03?
                  Steps are for each additional year in that grade... Look at how he timed it, that's how it goes for each year in service from your EOD date.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• So I took the Sheriffs entrance exam and it was pretty easy. I've heard the CBPO test is hard. I'm taking it this coming Tuesday and am a little nervous. ANy advice? I've read the study guide they give you and have taken a practice test. Thanks.
                    Geo: SWB
                    CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                    NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                    TSL - 01/31/14
                    Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                    VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                    BI - 03/15/14
                    Poly - 04/30/14
                    BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                    Drug Test - 06/26/14
                    The Call - 06/26/14
                    PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                    EOD - 07/14/14
                    Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• take a few more practice tests. When you take the test like math portion, figure out how much time you have before each session starts so you dont run out of time and leave questions unanswered. Good luck.

Comment

• Anyone from the Northeast get an EOD lately? If so when did you receive you TSL and what ports were you offered?

Comment

• Took my test sep 9 2013 pass with an 89. Submit all the documents needed sep 18 2013. Now I guess its time to wait to hear from them. I hope it wont be 2 years from now

Comment

• Originally posted by fancee0514 View Post
                            I hope it wont be 2 years from now
                            Count on it. Then you won't be disappointed if you get a job offer early.
                            Gek.

Comment

• Amac I tried to message back and it won't let me. I'm not sure why, but it keeps saying user not found.

Comment

• Over two weeks ago I received my NOR. In the email it stated Eligibility Expires: 08/23/2014

Can someone explain...... lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8642 users online. 277 members and 8365 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X