300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pn3karr View Post
    My God.. 8/2011 applicant here for swb.. Still haven't had poly or met w investigator.. This is maddening.. How are y'all doing it??(drifter/today and all other dinosaurs??) yet some are getting in under a year.. I have prior military and way too much edu.. I don't get it.. Afraid ill age out!!
    I've stated it numerous times now, but I waited 5 years. How did I do it? I lived my life and simply responded to the (rare) tasks/requests whenever I received them. Sometimes I only received one or two a YEAR! I carried on with my regular job as if I'd be stuck there forever and simply took opportunities as they came along, not rejecting any as if CBP would never hire me.

Turn your PM's on and I'll shoot you some info regarding your age concerns.
    Last edited by 66Pony; 09-18-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

My God.. 8/2011 applicant here for swb.. Still haven't had poly or met w investigator.. This is maddening.. How are y'all doing it??(drifter/today and all other dinosaurs??) yet some are getting in under a year.. I have prior military and way too much edu.. I don't get it.. Afraid ill age out!!
      Try 12/2010 tester here. Took me forever to get a poly. They are still very behind on that for most applicants still waiting. I've got everything done except the green check for BI with no end in sight. I'll probably be here another few years. I'm sure my med has expired and who knows what else. It is to hard to tell when exactly you may get a poly or meet your investigator. This process is a crap shoot, but I'm sure you know that already. Doesn't matter what military background our education you have. If you qualify you qualify, doesn't matter how you qualify. Military background could actually hold you up as getting military records tends to be difficult. Although I do believe that service time could extend your age limit. I can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure somebody here can help.
      Last edited by Rms16; 09-18-2013, 11:13 PM.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Last edited by pn3karr; 09-20-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Cammyman,

I am thinking about switching my regions from SWB to Florida. I have a score of 83 and already finished all the steps. I wont mind the SWB but my wife would prefer Florida. Do you think it is possible with such of low score.

Thanks,

M26

Comment

• Pony, How often do you have to update your steps. I know the Poly is valid for 3 years or more but what about the medical, pft 1 , etc. Can you informed me of such.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
              Pony, How often do you have to update your steps. I know the Poly is valid for 3 years or more but what about the medical, pft 1 , etc. Can you informed me of such.

Thanks
              Medical is good two years. PFT1 doesn't expire. BI is good two years. I think the VBT/SI is good three years.
              Gek.

Comment

Cammyman,

I am thinking about switching my regions from SWB to Florida. I have a score of 83 and already finished all the steps. I wont mind the SWB but my wife would prefer Florida. Do you think it is possible with such of low score.

Thanks,

M26

I'd say that life would be much easier here in South Florida compared to SWB locations. Also starting off with a "good" GEO makes it easier to swap ports down the line. However I would suggest against changing your location. I look at it as TSLs are issued based on foreseeable hiring needs. I would assume your place in line would be interrupted. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.
                Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
                CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
                NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
                Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
                VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
                Poly: Passed 2/13
                Quals: 6/13
                BI: 6/13
                Drug Test: 7/13
                TSU: 7/31/2013
                PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
                EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
                FLETC: Class 341

Comment

• Re applied for central east announcement received my NOR and submitted documents last week, anyone knows what steps have to be re done if any during process, I head to academy next week. San Ysidro is cool port and San Diego is nice city but I'll give it a shot to go home to NY/NJ early before I get time in.

Comment

Cammyman,

Thanks,

M26
                    Florida is including any and all POE's in Florida plus USVI and Puerto Rico. You might be waiting for a bit, but if you have completed everything then you're one step ahead of everyone else just applying and taking the test.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Pony, How often do you have to update your steps. I know the Poly is valid for 3 years or more but what about the medical, pft 1 , etc. Can you informed me of such.

Thanks
                      Drifting had the numbers correct. When I applied there was no SI, just a VBT. It never expired.

Comment

Can't figure out how to turn on private messaging.. My email is [email protected].. I do have some questions if you don't mind. Thx bro
                        You can access your PM settings by clicking on "My Profile" at the top corner of the page. On the left side of the solid blue line you'll then see "Private Messages". Click on that and scroll down. You'll see the option to turn your PM's on or off.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                          Congrats! If the posting rides out until the end, expect TSL's to begin rolling out 1/9/2014.
                          How do you know its on that date?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                            How do you know its on that date?
                            CBP stated that TSL's will begin being issued 3 months after the closing of the job posting. The job posting has been extended to 10/9/2013. If the 3 month time frame is accurate, that would put initial TSL's somewhere at the 1/9/14 area working their way down the score list.

This came from the CBP website so take it with a grain of salt. Apparently, there is no consistency with the hiring process as I have been told by numerous individuals on this board.

Comment

• Yoda,

So, do you think my score of 83 wont affect the chances of me getting a TSL sooner. Do you know anybody with a similar score currently working in Florida.

Comment

• Finally got a date for a poly. Nice to see some movement on my application.
                                "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                                -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6913 users online. 326 members and 6587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X