Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received an 88 for Northeast, is that good?

Comment

• Originally posted by aal View Post
      Now, I have a question. I am undecided between SW, West Coast, and North West and would be willing to change the geo to any as long as the hiring process takes less time. I've been doing my research and on the posting it says they're in need for officers on North West, I originally wanted west coast but since I would like to speed up the process I was rooting for SW. Do any of you guys know a little more about this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have nothing holding me back so anywhere in the west is ok
      Back in 2012 when I applied the main hiring region was the southwest, so thats where I applied, expecting a quick hiring process. I have now been in the process for over a year, and it will probably be 6 more months or so before I get the call. Its all luck and chance. Ive seen people apply for the same location but one waited 8 months, the other has been waiting for 2 years so there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they select applicants. I would suggest applying to where you would love to be, and focus on that, no matter how long it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        I wouldn't change your geo location if you're set on the northeast, even if you didn't score high. Look at Natedog; he applied for the northeast and scored a 75, and although he received his TSL 9 months after the test, he's still going through the process.

Hell, just because you change you location to the SWB, that doesn't mean it'll be a shorter process.
        Very true Cur679, I do believe he was thinking of switching bc he wanted JFK. Unless I am remembering incorrectly. Go with the geo you want to be in. I chose AZ bc I wanted to get in quickly, that didn't work out for me. Still I'll be more than happy when they call me and offer me a spot in AZ.
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I have a question regarding geo offerings. After you go through all the motions of the hiring process, are you assigned only 1 geo area or do you get to choose from a few? I ask this because I made a mistake and assumed NY was NE and selected Central East on my application because my wife and I are looking to move out of NY in the near future due to the cost of living. I may have to change the geo on my application because being offered NY would contradict our intentions moving forward. I change geo by calling MHC?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
            I have a question regarding geo offerings. After you go through all the motions of the hiring process, are you assigned only 1 geo area or do you get to choose from a few? I ask this because I made a mistake and assumed NY was NE and selected Central East on my application because my wife and I are looking to move out of NY in the near future due to the cost of living. I may have to change the geo on my application because being offered NY would contradict our intentions moving forward. I change geo by calling MHC?
            If you get "the call," you may be offered only one port or you may be offered your choice of one of multiple ports within the region that is on your TSL (the region that you identified as preferred). I've never heard of an OFO applicant being offered a port outside his region of preference.

The best way to change your preference is to email MHC. If you want to change it, do it before you get a TSL.
            Last edited by Drifting; 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM.
            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
              If you get "the call," you may be offered only one port or you may be offered your choice of one of multiple ports within the region that is on your TSL (the region that you identified as preferred). I've never heard of an OFO applicant being offered a port outside his region of preference.

The best way to change your preference is to email MHC. If you want to change it, do it before you get a TSL.
              A couple of guys I work with who have applied to the southeast region have been offered POEs here in California. One of the guys has been offered San Yisdro twice and Otay once.

Comment

• Does anybody know what is the busiest port in the North East region?

Comment

• My God.. 8/2011 applicant here for swb.. Still haven't had poly or met w investigator.. This is maddening.. How are y'all doing it??(drifter/today and all other dinosaurs??) yet some are getting in under a year.. I have prior military and way too much edu.. I don't get it.. Afraid ill age out!!

Comment

• Has anyone received a TSL for Central East Coast scoring a 76?

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveToCompete View Post
                      Back in 2012 when I applied the main hiring region was the southwest, so thats where I applied, expecting a quick hiring process. I have now been in the process for over a year, and it will probably be 6 more months or so before I get the call. Its all luck and chance. Ive seen people apply for the same location but one waited 8 months, the other has been waiting for 2 years so there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how they select applicants. I would suggest applying to where you would love to be, and focus on that, no matter how long it takes.
                      Thank you!! yeah i think i will just stick with my first choice. That way at least it will be worth the wait.
                      CBPO (West Coast)
                      Exam: 08/29/13
                      NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                      TSL: 12/16/13
                      Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Really? Thanks! Yes it was done at Markham Park. It wasnt that difficult either. All 5 of us passed although I think there was supposed to be 6. Worst part by far was the mosquitoes. 30 bites on my legs alone. Bring bug repellent lol.
                        Originally posted by cammyman1 View Post
                        That was my original EOD had I not asked for 24 hrs to consider. Good job! Was it done at Markham Park? Is it as easy as it sounds?

Comment

• Received offer today:
                          Montana: Piegan, del Bonita, and Morgan- which is best
                          North Dakota: portal, pembina
                          Minisota grand portal

Any suggestions

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyM View Post
                            Really? Thanks! Yes it was done at Markham Park. It wasnt that difficult either. All 5 of us passed although I think there was supposed to be 6. Worst part by far was the mosquitoes. 30 bites on my legs alone. Bring bug repellent lol.
                            I hate mosquitoes... thanks for the heads up! I'll see you in pre-academy!
                            Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
                            CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
                            NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
                            Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
                            VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
                            Poly: Passed 2/13
                            Quals: 6/13
                            BI: 6/13
                            Drug Test: 7/13
                            TSU: 7/31/2013
                            PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
                            EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
                            FLETC: Class 341

Comment

• Originally posted by aal View Post
                              Now, I have a question. I am undecided between SW, West Coast, and North West and would be willing to change the geo to any as long as the hiring process takes less time. I've been doing my research and on the posting it says they're in need for officers on North West, I originally wanted west coast but since I would like to speed up the process I was rooting for SW. Do any of you guys know a little more about this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have nothing holding me back so anywhere in the west is ok

Results vary for everyone. I applied for SWB and I finished my process in a little over a year, and I received the call about 2 weeks ago. I am one of the lucky ones because there are people who applied to the same announcement and the same geo. pref. and are still going through the process. If NW is where you think the hiring is going to be, then apply, but do not expect to get through the process any sooner than anyone else.

I wish you the best in your application process and I hope what information this forum has given you helps!!
                              "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• I also got the call today and out of all my options I chose. Grand portage, MN.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6757 users online. 381 members and 6376 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X