300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
    I wish i could say that anything you just said was true. I test in April of 2012. I received a TSL in November and my score was an 82 for the Central/east. Im headed to FLETC tomorrow. They need many people for my port and Kennedy alike. So before you start getting peoples hopes down without any real evidence other than the CBP website, ask around. There are alot of people in this forum with alot of experience.

I got an 86..I selected North East...I saw a couple people on here who took the test April of '02 who are going into FLETC now and after heading to JFK/Newark.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
      Everyone keeps saying SWB is in critical need. Even the Customs FAQ. But according to the posting its:

This announcement is open nationwide for all 12 geographic regions; however, CBP has identified a critical need for Officers in the northwest and northeast regions of the United States – see “Geographic Locations” for more information.

Anybody knows the correct answer?

I think that's the updated and most recent one.

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
        I would assume from your comments they rated you at a GS5? There is good news, they'll pay match when hired. In other words, you may come on as a GS5, but it won't be a step 1. They'll bump it to the step increase to equate to your BP salary.
        Thanks for the intel; I'll definitely look into it. However, I doubt that will be the case for me. I was not quite a year into the FCIP when I resigned.
        Gek.

Comment

• [QUOTE=cabindoor;3347316]I already passed the test and uploaded my documents. I still haven't received an NOR as of now either. I sent an email, so lets see what happens. Anyone know where to find your login info for the CASS system? I wanted to try to log on and see what may be on there, but I don't have that applicant number. Thanks![/QUOTE

The process doesn't really start until you receive a TSL(tentative selection letter). Then you'll be able to have access to cass, with your application number that's on the TSL.
          Geo: Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas V.I and St. Croix V.I
          CBPO Test-4/3/12
          NOR-4/10/12
          TSL-3/11/13
          PFT 1-3/22/13- passed
          Medical-3/22/13- passed
          B.I.-
          V.B.T- 4/6/13-passed
          S.I.-4/6/13-passed
          Qual- (GS-5) Cleared 6/25/12
          Poly- 6/24/13
          PFT 2-
          The Call-
          E.O.D-

Comment

Everyone keeps saying SWB is in critical need. Even the Customs FAQ. But according to the posting its:

This announcement is open nationwide for all 12 geographic regions; however, CBP has identified a critical need for Officers in the northwest and northeast regions of the United States – see “Geographic Locations” for more information.

The answer is that they need people all over the country, but if you are willing to work on the SWB, they are hiring more people for that area. So you will probably be hired faster if you apply for that area.

I only applied for Florida, and I will not take the job anywhere on the SWB. A lot of people believe that they will easily be able to transfer once they are hired into the job, that is not always the case.
            Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

"Critical needs" means pretty much whatever the author wants it to mean. There is no standard definition for the phrase. Often, it means more of a need to fill an applicant pool rather than that of a need to put actual boots in a PoE.

If the agency is currently posting of a need for Officers in the NW and NE, I'd take them at their word.

Comment

• i WISH i knew about the JFK not being Northeast, that's weird.

Comment

• I am almost positive it specified that in the job announcement. You can always change your location if you want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                    i WISH i knew about the JFK not being Northeast, that's weird.
                    It said it in the application process several times.

Comment

• I guess I might change it when TSL comes, do you know how much the difference is in wait time?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                        I guess I might change it when TSL comes, do you know how much the difference is in wait time?
                        Why wait till your TSL comes? You do realize that if you wait then you will lose your TSL and throw yourself back into a pool of applicants waiting. Nobody can truly answer what the wait time will be its different for everybody.
                        Last edited by Rms16; 09-16-2013, 11:27 PM.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                          Why wait till your TSL comes? You do realize that if you wait then you will lose your TSL and throw yourself back into a pool of applicants waiting. Nobody can truly answer what the wait time will be its different for everybody.
                          How does one change their geo?

Comment

How does one change their geo?
                            I believe you email MHC.
                            CBPO (West Coast)
                            Exam: 08/29/13
                            NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                            TSL: 12/16/13
                            Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• I wouldn't change your geo location if you're set on the northeast, even if you didn't score high. Look at Natedog; he applied for the northeast and scored a 75, and although he received his TSL 9 months after the test, he's still going through the process.

Hell, just because you change you location to the SWB, that doesn't mean it'll be a shorter process.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Now, I have a question. I am undecided between SW, West Coast, and North West and would be willing to change the geo to any as long as the hiring process takes less time. I've been doing my research and on the posting it says they're in need for officers on North West, I originally wanted west coast but since I would like to speed up the process I was rooting for SW. Do any of you guys know a little more about this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have nothing holding me back so anywhere in the west is ok
                                CBPO (West Coast)
                                Exam: 08/29/13
                                NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                                TSL: 12/16/13
                                Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10773 users online. 382 members and 10391 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X