Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my NOR from the test I recently took. 99 without vet points. Geo: West Coast. I am a current DHS employee.. let see how it goes.

Comment

• I scored a 74 (North East). I knew it was going to be in the 70s due to me running out of time on the math section. If I had more time, my score would be better.

It may take years to even be considered. I'm 31 years ago, so I need to find something. I just don't know what to do anymore. If I was in my mid 20s, then I would wait it out. Applying for other FLE jobs would require to travel out of state, and I don't have the money with me working in retail and supporting my mother.

The only options I have left is applying for highway patrol or joining the military. The former still being dangerous, and the latter I wouldn't mind joining if I was in my mid 20s. I've applied for ISO and recent graduate positions over the past two years, and I can't even get a referral.

Sigh. I just don't know anymore.
      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
      02/28/14-TSL Received
      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
      07/01/14-VBT/SI
      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• you guys keep saying Central East is looking bad with alot of applicants, so is a 93 not a good enough score even?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
          Are you kidding me? All over again? :-/
          Yes ALL over again! Reapplied to the new announcement. They sent the letter to my old address and I never found out until I got withdrawn for not responding on time. Whoever had my file didnt give everyone my new address!!!!! Therefore I get to start this process over again, it seems like its just not meant To be....sighs
          Last edited by Twink; 09-14-2013, 12:59 AM.
          CBPO SWB
          Application: 3/28/12
          Exam: 4/26/12
          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
          TSL: 6/12/12
          TSL2: 6/13/12
          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            I scored a 74 (North East). I knew it was going to be in the 70s due to me running out of time on the math section. If I had more time, my score would be better.

It may take years to even be considered. I'm 31 years ago, so I need to find something. I just don't know what to do anymore. If I was in my mid 20s, then I would wait it out. Applying for other FLE jobs would require to travel out of state, and I don't have the money with me working in retail and supporting my mother.

The only options I have left is applying for highway patrol or joining the military. The former still being dangerous, and the latter I wouldn't mind joining if I was in my mid 20s. I've applied for ISO and recent graduate positions over the past two years, and I can't even get a referral.

Sigh. I just don't know anymore.
            I applied for the northeast and got a 75. IT took me 9 months to get a Tentative Selection letter. They even reached the 70's. Just stay positive and apply for a lot of civil service examinations. Don't rely on anything to workout till the day you get hired. I know it's hard but 4 years down the road you might be offered a job maybe not with this law enforcement agency but with another one. Just keep trying. Your 31 you still have a long life to live. Stay positive and keep doing the right things and something will come along.

Comment

• I have a weird question. Does anyone know what the facial grooming standards are for CBP?
              Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
              CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
              NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
              Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
              VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
              Poly: Passed 2/13
              Quals: 6/13
              BI: 6/13
              Drug Test: 7/13
              TSU: 7/31/2013
              PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
              EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
              FLETC: Class 341

Comment

• Originally posted by cammyman1 View Post
                I have a weird question. Does anyone know what the facial grooming standards are for CBP?
                While at the academy you will be required to be clean shaven, at you port it's lax because of the union... For leadership it's clean shaven.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                  Yes ALL over again! Reapplied to the new announcement. They sent the letter to my old address and I never found out until I got withdrawn for not responding on time. Whoever had my file didnt give everyone my new address!!!!! Therefore I get to start this process over again, it seems like its just not meant To be....sighs
                  wow thats crazy, but don't said that, it's like everytime you go on vacations or move is when they called you. just keep pushing. remember a lot of those are going to clear fast. Keep training and don't give up. :-) DON'T GIVE UP!

Comment

• I can close the tab holding cass website.

1 week pre-acad down. 4 left until fletc.
                    tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                    NOR-11/11
                    TSL- 11/17/11
                    pft1- 12/8/11
                    Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                    Qual- completed 3/12
                    Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                    S I-completed 3/12
                    Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                    Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                    Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                    Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                    new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                      I can close the tab holding cass website.

1 week pre-acad down. 4 left until fletc.
                      2 down, 2 to go! The first week was a little slow due to a delay in getting all of my access stuff and an email address. I couldn't get any of the VLC's done. This past week I got access and made up for all of the "missed" stuff, in addition to visiting all of the various port facilities here and a multitude of other stuff. There were a few long days in front of the computer! LOL

Comment

• I'm taking the test in two weeks. I feel confident on the Math and ok on the Logical Reasoning. The grammar will be the achilles > My preference is the SWB so I'm hoping to score high. Looking to go through this process with everyone else that has been posting. Good luck all!
                        Geo: SWB
                        CBPO Exam: 09/24/13
                        NOR: 92% - 10/28/13
                        TSL - 01/31/14
                        Medical/PFT1 - 02/19/14
                        VBT/SI - 02/28/14
                        BI - 03/15/14
                        Poly - 04/30/14
                        BI Cleared - 06/24/14
                        Drug Test - 06/26/14
                        The Call - 06/26/14
                        PFT 2 - 07/11/14
                        EOD - 07/14/14
                        Academy - 08/14/14 - 12/23/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Double A 8028 View Post
                          Yeah, I might do the samething. Cause I guess my 6 years expirence in LE. My IED schools, immigration enforcement school, interview school, supervisor school, fto instructor school, and Active Shooter instruction school isnt going to get my hired cause my score isnt high enough.

Sorry guys just a little ticked off exprience does help much.
                          You should definitely put this out on the Delphi forums. They might be able to offer you some real insight.

Score is only about TSL order. If you don't like it, retest and get a higher score.

You will have the opportunity to state your case that your experience matters. If it is determined that you have relevant and ample experience, you will be rewarded with a GS-7 job, which amounts to $7475 in base salary extra your first year and more after that.

I'm an ex GL-7 Border Patrol Agent and that's not even good enough to get me a GS-7 spot in a sister office.
                          Last edited by Drifting; 09-15-2013, 04:59 AM.
                          Gek.

Comment

• I have read on these forums that it is very difficult to get a transfer within the agency. I applied for Central East Coast, and it appears that there is a current need for North East (JFK/Newark). I was under the impression that JFK/Newark were North East and not Central East. My wife and I are looking to move in the next few years out of NY as it is too expensive here. This could turn out to be an issue if, when the time comes, I was offered a NY position. I guess it is a "take whatever you can get type of situation" given the difficulty of getting in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                              I'm an ex GL-7 Border Patrol Agent and that's not even good enough to get me a GS-7 spot in a sister office.
                              I would assume from your comments they rated you at a GS5? There is good news, they'll pay match when hired. In other words, you may come on as a GS5, but it won't be a step 1. They'll bump it to the step increase to equate to your BP salary.

Comment

• JFK/Newark falls under the Central East Coast. If you have a question about specific areas go onto cbp.gov. They have each location broken down so you know the different possibilities.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4496 users online. 260 members and 4236 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X