300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shorttie View Post
    Don't worry to much I score around that area and I'm in the process as we speak. Just relax and think that you ever took the exam. Your get the letter before you know it.
    what about me I got a 75. lol

Comment

• Lmao!! I got you guys 3 points each

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
        This process requires a lot of patience. As many have stated, the process can take anywhere from 1-3 years. Many have said to just "forget you ever took the exam" and just keep an eye on your email.

The wait can be really long or really short. Before I withdrew last year, I had done everything within 2 months after submitting my application, with the exception of my pf1, vbt, poly, and pf2. It moved really quick. I received a TSL1 one day and received a TSL2 the next. I guess it all depends on how bad they need people and if you've been through the process before.
        Last edited by Tremellio; 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM.
        CBPO 18-11
        Preferred Duty Location: El Paso, TX
        5/04/18: Exam
        5/09/18: NOR
        6/29/18: Fitness Test
        6/29/18: Medical Evaluation
        7/02/18: Fitness Cleared
        7/05/18: Medical Cleared
        7/13/18: E-QIP Submitted
        8/07/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added FS-545)
        8/13/18: E-QIP Rejected & Resubmitted (Added Documentation of Mother's Citizenship)
        8/15/18: E-QIP Released to OPR
        8/15/18: Structured Interview & Fingerprints
        3/10/19: Polygraph

Drug Test: Pending

Comment

• I did not not do very well for the southeast region. I scored an 83. Has anyone in the forum got an offer for any port in the southeast with an 83? I'm just trying to find out if I have any hope in the process. I know normally it takes years to get hired even with a good score in the southeast. Any opinions from people recently hired in the south?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremellio View Post
            The wait can be really long or really short. Before I withdrew last year, I had done everything within 2 months after submitting my application, with the exception of my pf1, vbt, poly, and pf2. It moved really quick. I received a TSL1 one day and received a TSL2 the next. I guess it all depends on how bad they need people and if you've been through the process before.
            Can you explain what you mean by TSL1 and TSL2? Why would you get two tentative offers?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHU View Post
              I did not not do very well for the southeast region. I scored an 83. Has anyone in the forum got an offer for any port in the southeast with an 83? I'm just trying to find out if I have any hope in the process. I know normally it takes years to get hired even with a good score in the southeast. Any opinions from people recently hired in the south?
              I'm wondering the same thing about the southeast region. I scored a 92. I picked SE, but was thinking about switching my geo preference though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                Wrote my NOPA even though it was passed it has been 7 months when I was supposed to turn it in because MHC made an error on their part and mailed it to my old address!!! So much for thinking they all communicated with each other when it comes to profile updates/changes. Needless to say all I was told was I just needed to reapply again with the new announcement. After over a year and a half of waiting....I start the process all over again! Ppl
                Pls constantly check in with them to make sure EVERYONE working on ur file has he most current address otherwise since I didn't meet the deadline, I have to start over again! Smh
                Are you kidding me? All over again? :-/

Comment

• A friend of mine scored an 83 and was hired at Newark Airport. His process took about 3 years though.

Comment

• Can we contact MHC this early to change Geo? I know a 76 won't get me a TSL in Central East.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                      Can we contact MHC this early to change Geo? I know a 76 won't get me a TSL in Central East.
                      Yeah, I might do the samething. Cause I guess my 6 years expirence in LE. My IED schools, immigration enforcement school, interview school, supervisor school, fto instructor school, and Active Shooter instruction school isnt going to get my hired cause my score isnt high enough.

Sorry guys just a little ticked off exprience does help much.

Comment

• Hi guys so I got my NOR of 88 and I am still a college student with 94 credits, do you think I'm in good shape so far? Location : North East

Comment

• Hi everyone, been awhile since I've been on here. Pre-academy has kept me busy at work, then catching up on things around the house before heading to FLETC. I had a number of pages to catch up with!

First, congrats to all that passed their PFT2! Regarding the NOPA posts, I believe there is a disconnect between IA and MHC. Certain items do indeed stop due to a NOPA, while others continue on. Makes no sense other than to assume said disconnect! As long as the process continues in any fashion, there's hope!! If you've been waiting a year or so in the process, it's normal. Any less, consider yourself lucky While waiting longer can be nerve racking, it can lead to better opportunities. Just move on with your life and don't concentrate so much on where you're at in the process. It's a heck of a way to deal with a job application, but trust me, it'll save your sanity (after waiting 5 years I think I can speak about that with some experience!). If you're worried about scores for specific areas (east coast guys/girls), I was in the mid 80's! I just had to wait.

While the process has changed considerably since I first applied, I received my TSL within a couple of months from my NOR..then waited years! Your past experience doesn't mean diddly on your exam, but it helps out GREATLY on your resume. It'll mean the difference between rated as a GS5 or GS7. Be prepared to accept a GS5 if you want the job, be happy if you get hired as a GS7. Don't forget, there's always the possibility of being rated a GS7, but have to accept a GS5 position in order to get hired. How bad do you want the job?!

Good luck everyone and hang in there!

Comment

• Got my scores today, got a 91. do i add my vet points to that or are they already in there? Looking for the NE.
                            CBPO applicant
                            Geo Pref: North East / Buffalo
                            Written Test- 9/5/13 -91
                            TSL- 12/13
                            Phy/PFT1- 1/9/14

Comment

• Everyone keeps saying SWB is in critical need. Even the Customs FAQ. But according to the posting its:

This announcement is open nationwide for all 12 geographic regions; however, CBP has identified a critical need for Officers in the northwest and northeast regions of the United States – see “Geographic Locations” for more information.

Anybody knows the correct answer?

Comment

• Me too, 76 Central East Coast pref as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8247 users online. 370 members and 7877 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X