300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
    Good for you! So I see how it is, you lurk in the shadows and dont share any of the misery of waiting, then your first post it when you get the call!?!? HAHA, thats the way to roll. You take the tunnel, bridge, airport?
    Haha you got it. I tested way back in March. They just told me land border crossing, didn't really give me an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullfrog31 View Post
      Does anyone know what "Mission-Critical Conduct" is?
      Well can you elaborate on the the context? Sounds like wording out of a NOPA or security form. Im guessing conduct that would be a conflict of interest with the agency. Something like all your best friends are illegal aliens or you were once caught with drugs at a Border crossing. Im just throwing darts here, why do you ask?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gert_B_Frob View Post
        Haha you got it. I tested way back in March. They just told me land border crossing, didn't really give me an option.
        Did they say "would you like detroit or sault saint marie?" Or "ambassador bridge, take it or leave it?"

Comment

I just got a call with a start date of Oct. 14 in Detroit, and FLETC starting November 4.
          Congrats!!!

What's your timeline like?

Did they offer you the airport at all or just land border crossings?
          Last edited by Pawn922; 09-24-2008, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
            Congrats!!! What's your timeline like?
            Pulled your credit twice huh? Being from Michigan and the economy is so far down the toilet, they probably wanna double check that we arent all 8 billion dollars in credit debt!

Comment

Did they say "would you like detroit or sault saint marie?" Or "ambassador bridge, take it or leave it?"
              No, just start in Detroit at a land crossing for 3 weeks before training. She didn't even specify which one. The actual letter should be arriving tomorrow or the next day.

Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
              Congrats!!!

What's your timeline like?

Did they offer you the airport at all or just land border crossings?
              There was no real offer. I would have taken the airport since my background is aviation, but maybe in the future.

I can't really remember off hand when things happened, its all at home right now.
              Tested in March.

Medical & fitness in May or June?
              VBT in July

I never heard about a BI being started or anything. I was still expecting a couple months wait. This was kind of a shock.

Comment

• Barn,

Yeah....I expected to hear from my BI any time after my credit being pulled. Most people seem to hear from their BI about a week later. None of my contacts have heard anything either. My credit is average. I own a home and have a child. The normal kinds of debt. Last November I lost my job, (gotta love Michigan) that's why I applied for CBP. Since then I've just been treading water to stay out of serious debt. Nothing late, but my debt to income might be out of wack now. I don't know how closely they look at that stuff. If they have questions, I sure wish that they'd ask me about it.

One strange about me though was that I had 4 apartments in the same year. My ex-wife and I had a string of bad luck in a apartment community in Ypsi, and moved to 3 different apartments within the same community before finally just leaving. Maybe they are busy trying to figure out why I moved so much and verify the locations. Like I said, I wish they'd call me and ask.

Comment

• Another week without being contacted by the BI, or scheduled for my Drug Test. SIGH

Comment

I never heard about a BI being started or anything. I was still expecting a couple months wait. This was kind of a shock.

Your time line is just like mine. I will huddle up to my phone and cross my fingers. I've been stressing because I never met with my BI, but if I'm reading you correctly it sounds like you're getting an interim clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pawn922 View Post
                      Your time line is just like mine. I will huddle up to my phone and cross my fingers. I've been stressing because I never met with my BI, but if I'm reading you correctly it sounds like you're getting an interim clearance.
                      Interim clearance? What's that? I wish it would be fully complete before I quit my current job.

I will ask questions after I get the letter.

We must have been in the same test at Cobo.

Comment

Interim clearance? What's that? I wish it would be fully complete before I quit my current job.

Probably, I was there way early and still stood in a long line. The room held a couple hundred people and they were turning people away who were scheduled to be in that testing when they closed the doors.

Interim Clearance is when they find you suitable enough to start employment and go to FLETC before your BI is done because you look good on paper. They will finish your BI while you are at FLETC.

Comment

An interim is where they run your finger prints and look at your credit report and if there is nothing concerning, they will give you a clearance to start the job. Now mind you, they will complete a full BI and you may get contacted or get a NOPA while at the academy if something comes up. You could actually graduate the academy and go back to your port with no gun or badge if you BI hasnt been finalized. Thats just the way it works, its a way of getting people moving along, which is good if youve been an angel your whole life. But is nerve racking up until the point of verification thats all good to go.

Comment

An interim is where they run your finger prints and look at your credit report and if there is nothing concerning, they will give you a clearance to start the job. Now mind you, they will complete a full BI and you may get contacted or get a NOPA while at the academy if something comes up. You could actually graduate the academy and go back to your port with no gun or badge if you BI hasnt been finalized. Thats just the way it works, its a way of getting people moving along, which is good if youve been an angel your whole life. But is nerve racking up until the point of verification thats all good to go.

Hmm. Well, I don't think I have anything to worry about. No record except a couple of traffic tickets almost 10 years ago. Good credit, no unusual debts except wife's student loans and mortgage.

I just like things to be finalized before I change my life around, haha.

Comment

Hmm. Well, I don't think I have anything to worry about. No record except a couple of traffic tickets almost 10 years ago. Good credit, no unusual debts except wife's student loans and mortgage.

I just like things to be finalized before I change my life around, haha.
                              The way I understand it, you might not have much say in it. Your BI might not be done until you are already at FLETC. You will obviously have to quit your job before then unless you have a bunch of vacation time.

I'm sure that you will be fine. They wouldn't give you the clearance if they didn't feel that you were solid. And, if you know that you have no skeletons, then you are "in like flynn".

What does CASS say about your BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by CUJEN View Post
                                Can someone give me the number of a helpful person at the hiring center? I am no longer in CASS and I am freaking out!

Thanks

What's the status? Are you still locked out of CASS? We are in suspense.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9117 users online. 493 members and 8624 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X