Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my NOR, scored an 84 without any preferences.

Some pieces of info I retrieved from the CBP website. For those why applied for the 7/29/2013 posting- TSL's will not start rolling out until after 1/9/2014 and they will come out in score order from the top down. Also, current hiring preference is condensed to the SW border, therefore those who applied for SW geographical region with the highest scores will start getting TSL's after 1/9/2014.

Being as though I selected "Central East Coast" with a score of 84, it is highly unlikely that I will receive any TSL within 1-2 years. That being said, it's time to start focusing on other positions .

Comment

• Scored a 94, geo is Midwest. My NOR email states the score is only valid until 07/2014, does this mean that if I don't get hired by then I'll have to start over?
      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
        Scored a 94, geo is Midwest. My NOR email states the score is only valid until 07/2014, does this mean that if I don't get hired by then I'll have to start over?
        Scores can be extended in 1 year increments.

Comment

• Finally got my NOR. Apparently I scored a 103. Anyone know what the maximum is?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
            Scores can be extended in 1 year increments.
            What do you mean by extended? What if you don't receive a TSL by the eligibility expires date?

Comment

• I got my NOR not very good but passed. I hope resume goes into account because I have alot of certs abd have been a full time municipal police officer for 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by af11 View Post
                What do you mean by extended? What if you don't receive a TSL by the eligibility expires date?
                Go to the CBP website and click the PDF file for "After the written test". All the info is there that you will need.

Comment

• Can someone please clarify how TSLs are given out? Does geo preference factor into it? I was under the impression that the TSL only takes into account the exam score, and then once you pass the interview/polygraph/background, final offers are given out in order based on region.

Edit: ok, I understand the TSL now. NYJRM10, is that where you got your info about the hiring needs? Or did you see that somewhere else? That document was written in March 2012.
                  Last edited by af11; 09-13-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Can someone please clarify how TSLs are given out? Does geo preference factor into it? I was under the impression that the TSL only takes into account the exam score, and then once you pass the interview/polygraph/background, final offers are given out in order based on region.
                    From the CBP website:

Q: I’ve passed the test and my document upload was successful – what’s next?
                    A: You are now part of the CBPO inventory. Your score is good for 1 year and can be extended in 1-
                    year increments unless the written test changes. You will be considered for future openings in
                    "score order" for the geographic region you selected. Hiring for CBP Officers is anticipated mainly
                    along the southwest border of the United States.

Comment

• -Maximum score of 100, plus those that have vet pref 5-10 points with a total of 110 points.
                      -Your test score can be extended in 1 year increments, once you receive your TSL you're good, you can reapply with old scores as well to any other geo pref.
                      -Resumes are only used to determine GS pay scale level (5 or 7), it does not count towards getting a TSL.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Can someone please clarify how TSLs are given out? Does geo preference factor into it? I was under the impression that the TSL only takes into account the exam score, and then once you pass the interview/polygraph/background, final offers are given out in order based on region.
                        Also from CBP website:

Q: Does a passing score guarantee that I will be selected for a CBP Officer position?
                        No. Whether you are selected depends on your score, the number of applicants on the inventory,
                        agency hiring needs, and a review of your initial application. Initial selections normally begin
                        approximately 3 months after the announcement closes. Subsequent selections may occur over
                        several months in accordance with agency hiring needs.
                        If your score is reached and you are
                        tentatively selected for a position, your name is removed from the inventory.
                        If you are selected for a position, you will be e-mailed a tentative selection letter. You will not be
                        contacted prior to your tentative selection. There is no guarantee that everyone will be selected
                        for a position.
                        If you have been tentatively selected for a CBP Officer position and you reapply under a new
                        announcement and are re-selected for a different geographic region, your most recent selection
                        will override any previous offer. If you decline an offer, you will have to wait until the next open
                        period to reapply.
                        To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, CBP requires that every employee be reliable,
                        trustworthy and fit for duty. To meet these standards, applicants will be required to undergo, and
                        successfully pass, a thorough background investigation (which will most likely include a polygraph
                        examination), a medical examination, two pre-employment fitness examinations, a drug test, and
                        a structured interview in order to be placed in a CBP Officer position. Approximately one in ten
                        applicants who receive a tentative offer of selection will complete the pre-employment process
                        and enter on duty as a CBP Officer

Comment

• is resume taken into account or is it whoever gets the highest score. getting the highest score doesn't mean your the best qualified.

Comment

Edit: ok, I understand the TSL now. NYJRM10, is that where you got your info about the hiring needs? Or did you see that somewhere else? That document was written in March 2012.
                            Yes- There was a link in the email that contained my NOR which brings you to the CBP website. While that PDF is 1.5 years old, what I have been told by others seems to validate that documents claims.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double A 8028 View Post
                              is resume taken into account or is it whoever gets the highest score. getting the highest score doesn't mean your the best qualified.
                              Resume is only taken into account for GS pay grade eligibility. TSL's roll out in score/geo order 3 months after the job posting closes.
                              Last edited by NYJRM10; 09-13-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJRM10 View Post
                                Resume is only taken into account for GS pay grade eligibility. TSL's roll out in score/geo order.
                                great I'm never getting a job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11474 users online. 401 members and 11073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X