Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I figured there's a certain way they want it. They briefly describe it in the forms that are attached to the email, but I was wanting to see if someone already had one done to go off of

Comment

• Originally posted by af11 View Post
      I received the same email today. I definitely never received my NOR either. I do have a question though (which may be dumb, but I'd hate to overlook something so basic). In the email it stated "A response to this email is due within 5 days of the date of this email in order to remain in consideration for this position." Do they actually want you to reply to the email? Or is uploading your documents considered your "response"?
      I'm wondering the same thing.

Comment

• I just replied to the email saying that I received it. According to the email, it says to just respond to it within 5 days. We should have a little more leeway to get the paperwork sent. That's what I got from it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by cabindoor View Post
          I figured there's a certain way they want it. They briefly describe it in the forms that are attached to the email, but I was wanting to see if someone already had one done to go off of
          I think the exact format doesn't matter, as long as you include everything that they ask for.

You can use the resume builder from usajobs.gov as a guideline. I know from my BPA application, they suggested that.
          Last edited by af11; 09-10-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
            I'm wondering the same thing.
            I've already uploaded all of my documents, but I guess I'll respond to the email too, just in case.

Comment

• I too received an email yesterday stating I had passed the exam. I uploaded all of the requested information last night. Does anyone know what the next step is in the process and how much time usually elapses between the upload of documents and next steps? Good luck to everyone who has applied!

Comment

• There is no resume format you have to follow. What they listed on the reference sheet is just a SAMPLE RESUME.

As long as you include the requested information on your resume, you're good to go.
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Hey guys I've been following this thread for quite a few months. I too tested on Aug. 27 and yesterday received an email saying I needed to submit some documents along with resume (I haven't received the NOR). Does anyone know how likely or how much longer it will take to get into the westcoast? I'm thinking of moving to SWB since it is so much easier to get in.
                  CBPO (West Coast)
                  Exam: 08/29/13
                  NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                  TSL: 12/16/13
                  Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Originally posted by aal View Post
                    Hey guys I've been following this thread for quite a few months. I too tested on Aug. 27 and yesterday received an email saying I needed to submit some documents along with resume (I haven't received the NOR). Does anyone know how likely or how much longer it will take to get into the westcoast? I'm thinking of moving to SWB since it is so much easier to get in.
                    I tested December 2010 for the border of Southwest Texas. I'm still waiting. Don't hold your breath or you'll pass out.
                    Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      I tested December 2010 for the border of Southwest Texas. I'm still waiting. Don't hold your breath or you'll pass out.
                      I dont know what factors they take into consideration since it took my brother-in-law a little less than a year. at least thats what he said
                      CBPO (West Coast)
                      Exam: 08/29/13
                      NOR: 09/13/13- 87%
                      TSL: 12/16/13
                      Medical & PFT1: 12/23/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                        It seems there is no consistency with time. In reading this thread, I have heard of some folks moving through the process in 1 year, while others are still waiting after 3. I suppose it all depends on your individual application and the demographics of your chosen area in relation to hiring needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by cabindoor View Post
                          I figured there's a certain way they want it. They briefly describe it in the forms that are attached to the email, but I was wanting to see if someone already had one done to go off of
                          I uploaded my own resume and just added the days, times and total hours worked a week for each job.

Comment

• I too tested in 2010 and hace seen very little movement but this is because I've kept my geo for the Florida area. I did recieve several emails over the past few years requesting that I switch to a geo of the SWB area. I've not done so since I was already picked up by BP for the SWB area and fortunately it was only an 11 month wait for me back in 2010. For those who are considering the two, I can't begain to explain how great BP has been and how much of a thrill it is. Obviously being in condition is a major factor as a newer Agent but its well worth it if you are up to it and can live in an area that might not be up to your regular standards. Especially with Family. And because of family, I will consider the change if I eventually get offered the geo that I've been fishing for.

Comment

• Reply to the email...after you do so, you will get an instant email stating that you will get your NOR within 24-48 hours in your inbox and to check your spam/junk folder.

Comment

• I uploaded everything, now the wait begins

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8075 users online. 227 members and 7848 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X