Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reapplied when they reopened it in July and got a notice from them today that I need to reupload some documents to get the process going. I took and failed the VBT last november (almost a year ago, crazy) but this time I requested to do it at Dulles, not Baltimore. We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
      Thank you for the help! I have been practicing with a 4 inch wooden block I made, but I just wanted to be safe and double check so that I wouldn't get there and be thrown off. When I first started practicing my push ups my form was terrible and that's what made me struggled with them. Once I got my form down they are too bad now. I lift weights and workout regularly, but I have also practiced just doing all different kinds of push ups (decline, hands wide, hands close, etc) and it has really helped. I'm super excited to get this PFT2 over with. I'm tired of worrying about it! Lol
      Dont worry about it, you will be ok. is not that hard, and FLETC is really easy, so don't worry about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
        Thank you for the help! I have been practicing with a 4 inch wooden block I made, but I just wanted to be safe and double check so that I wouldn't get there and be thrown off. When I first started practicing my push ups my form was terrible and that's what made me struggled with them. Once I got my form down they are too bad now. I lift weights and workout regularly, but I have also practiced just doing all different kinds of push ups (decline, hands wide, hands close, etc) and it has really helped. I'm super excited to get this PFT2 over with. I'm tired of worrying about it! Lol
        after you finish this pft 2 , don't stop working out, last year in my class we had 2 people fail the last pft, think about it, 15 weeks in the academy and fail the run. Really, so future cbpo, workout,run and runnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....you don't want to be that guy....

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
          I reapplied when they reopened it in July and got a notice from them today that I need to reupload some documents to get the process going. I took and failed the VBT last november (almost a year ago, crazy) but this time I requested to do it at Dulles, not Baltimore. We'll see what happens.
          How come you failed?

Comment

• I just got an email stating that I passed the exam. I took it on 8/27/13. The email also stated that my NOR was sent to me as well and to check my spam/junk folders. I did and see nothing. I was also instructed to upload 3 documents to TestManager within the next 5 days. I went on TestManager to see if my score was there and it's not. I don't understand why the score wasn't in the same email informing that I passed. Anyone having this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
              How come you failed?

You know, I really don't know why. I don't think it had anything to do with me, as much as it did with the center where I took it. I know 2 other friends who went there and both failed. I talk to some officers and they were surprised that I failed. Either way, I am over it now, I see it as a part of the bigger test to see if I am committed enough to get this job. And I am

Comment

• Seems like if you the actual score after you upload your documents.

If anyone can offer some advice, I'd appreciate it:

-Can I complete the agreement sheet electronically, and using an electronic signature? Adobe has a feature that allows you type your name in a box and it gives you signature.

-Also, the other file says to Make sure to "include all of your work experience on your resume even if,
                you don’t feel it addresses the elements below". I don't remember the exact date and year, and the number of hours worked for some of the jobs I've held in the past 10 years. I was thinking about just leaving my current employment, internship with the USSS, and my education on my resume. Is that a bad idea, or should list the jobs I've held and just try to give an estimate?

Thanks
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• received an email stating to upload some documents and that I passed and that my NOR was sent. I checked all junk/spam/deleted folders but I don't see my score anywhere. Guess I ain't the only one lol... on to uploading a bunch of stuff tonight fellas!

Comment

• I received the same email today. I definitely never received my NOR either. I do have a question though (which may be dumb, but I'd hate to overlook something so basic). In the email it stated "A response to this email is due within 5 days of the date of this email in order to remain in consideration for this position." Do they actually want you to reply to the email? Or is uploading your documents considered your "response"?

Comment

• I received the TSL on August of 2012. I agree with you and understand your point of view. I am not to eager to moved to the SWB but I will do it because I really want this job. I believe the possibilities are endless once you are in. I have put a lot of time towards my education and Law enforcement related training. I know eventually I will end up at my desired location. I think that after you reach Gs12 more doors will open, such as preclearance port, promotions, and transfers within the agency. If you are a goal oriented person and determined to reach your goals and aspirations in life, everything is possible. I think part of succeeding in any profession comes with sacrifices. I think the SWB actually is a good way to start your career as a CBP. At the SWB you will received a different type of exposure to the job and learn way more than in any other region. You will become more fluent on a second language, have direct contact with other LE agencies, and increased your investigatory skills. The job is dangerous anywhere but the exposure is not the same. It is like comparing a Police Officer from L.A to one in a small rural town. The risk are still similar but the exposure is not. With that being said I am just going to stick with the SWB and hope I get the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by af11 View Post
                        I received the same email today. I definitely never received my NOR either. I do have a question though (which may be dumb, but I'd hate to overlook something so basic). In the email it stated "A response to this email is due within 5 days of the date of this email in order to remain in consideration for this position." Do they actually want you to reply to the email? Or is uploading your documents considered your "response"?

You have to upload all the required documents within the 5 days.

Comment

• I received the same email but I used my old test score from back in 2010 when I also tested with BP. I know I received a NOR back then so I'm not going to stress about it too much. I'm sure if I dig through my emails I can find that email from 2010. What I found interesting about the email was "ASAP". My geo has always been the Florida area which includes USVI and PR. For now I'm going to upload docs as requested and respond to that email stating that I did so. Good luck to all.

Comment

• I got the same email. They usually mail you the results. That's how I got my results last time.

Comment

• I also got the email stating that I passed the exam. I haven't gotten the NOR yet, but no worries. Does anyone out there have an example of the Resume that you have to type up and send in? Also, does anyone have the Memorandum that needs to be signed by the commander if still Active Duty? Please feel free to email me if you do or know where to go. Thanks!

Art

Comment

• Originally posted by cabindoor View Post
                                I also got the email stating that I passed the exam. I haven't gotten the NOR yet, but no worries. Does anyone out there have an example of the Resume that you have to type up and send in? Also, does anyone have the Memorandum that needs to be signed by the commander if still Active Duty? Please feel free to email me if you do or know where to go. Thanks!

Art
                                Wait there's a resume format? I saw the example, but I just assumed you upload your own resume?
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8861 users online. 283 members and 8578 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X