Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey All, I'm in a hotel (Plattsburgh, NY) at this moment just waiting for my pft2 tomorrow morning. I hope to do fine and meet you guys at FLECT!
    Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• You guys are scaring me about the exam now, lol.

Would you guys say it's harder, easier, or the same level of difficulty as the practice booklet?

Also, what made the math so hard? I don't get it. Out of all of the 33 or so math examples, the only question that gave me trouble was the one about workers stacking the 320 boxes, and 4 employes stacked 120 in 1 hours........etc, etc..

Other than that, it's basic adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, decimals, probability, etc.
      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
      02/28/14-TSL Received
      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
      07/01/14-VBT/SI
      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Math was the easiest one for me, well I am Indian (comes with the package ) haha I do agree PAPD was the easiest exam I have ever taken in my life.

I sat down at the Federal Plaza all excited for the exam and bam, I felt like I was a Junior in HS taking my SAT

oh and this 2-4 week wait for my pass or fail is killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
          Hey All, I'm in a hotel (Plattsburgh, NY) at this moment just waiting for my pft2 tomorrow morning. I hope to do fine and meet you guys at FLECT!
          EASF, you will kill it! Good luck and don't forget to tell us the good news!
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            You guys are scaring me about the exam now, lol.

Would you guys say it's harder, easier, or the same level of difficulty as the practice booklet?

Also, what made the math so hard? I don't get it. Out of all of the 33 or so math examples, the only question that gave me trouble was the one about workers stacking the 320 boxes, and 4 employes stacked 120 in 1 hours........etc, etc..

Other than that, it's basic adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, decimals, probability, etc.
            It's not easy, but it's not out of control hard either. Just study for it and you will do fine.
            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
            Score:9X.XX%
            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I have a question. At the end of my second poly the examiner told me he had no opinion, but he was going to send it up to qc. He asked if I would consent to further testing and I said yes. He then asked me what i was thinking about and what i had on my mind, and if i needed to confess to anything else. They havent contacted me since I left. After the 1st one they called me the same day and immediately rescheduled. Could it be possible that I passed? Happen to anyone else? Thanks.

Comment

• Also, for the guys who are currently cbp officers; how is the work? Im currently veterans affairs police, and we dont do much. I kind of miss actual LEO work (I was a fl deputy prior to this) and was wondering how much cbp actually does. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by armydog95b View Post
                  I have a question. At the end of my second poly the examiner told me he had no opinion, but he was going to send it up to qc. He asked if I would consent to further testing and I said yes. He then asked me what i was thinking about and what i had on my mind, and if i needed to confess to anything else. They havent contacted me since I left. After the 1st one they called me the same day and immediately rescheduled. Could it be possible that I passed? Happen to anyone else? Thanks.
                  At the end of my poly the examiner told me I barely passed the minimum, but she would send it to MHC to review. I was also asked to consent to taking another polygraph, which I did. The only way I knew I passed was i got scheduled for my BI interview and drug test. I would say your safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    It's not easy, but it's not out of control hard either. Just study for it and you will do fine.
                    Well, my question wasn't exactly answered. Did you find the math example questions difficult in the study packet, or were the math questions harder on the exam?

Thanks
                    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                    02/28/14-TSL Received
                    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                    07/01/14-VBT/SI
                    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
                      Well, my question wasn't exactly answered. Did you find the math example questions difficult in the study packet, or were the math questions harder on the exam?

Thanks
                      The questions are samples of what you'll encounter on the test. They are meant to identify your weaknesses so that you can practice before the actual test. Do that and you'll do just fine.
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Proud to announce I passed my PFT2 this morning! Greatest feeling!!
                        "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."
                        A.France

Comment

• Originally posted by PAPD View Post
                          Hey guys, I am currently waiting to meet with my investigator and to get scheduled for my polygraph exam. I am worried about the polygraph. For those of you that have already taken it. Is it hard? I heard they try very hard to try to make you confess to things and they go from being pleasant to very arrogant after they hook you up to the polygraph machine. Can I get some feedback?
                          I cannot stress this enough but you have to be completely honest with them. Go in cool, calm, and collective knowing that no one's perfect. If you're completely honest with them you will be fine (unless you've done coke or something lol).
                          "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• So I sent in my NOPA response today I got a call from my investigator yesterday questioning if I would respond or withdraw my application does has anyone ever got a similar call before? I just thought it was a little odd that they would call me inquiring about my response it states it in the NOPA that if you dont respond within 15 calendar days from the day that you receive your NOPA your application is terminated any how I got it done now im just hoping for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAPD View Post
                              Hey guys, I am currently waiting to meet with my investigator and to get scheduled for my polygraph exam. I am worried about the polygraph. For those of you that have already taken it. Is it hard? I heard they try very hard to try to make you confess to things and they go from being pleasant to very arrogant after they hook you up to the polygraph machine. Can I get some feedback?
                              some searching will help you find answers. going back 100 pages in here you will see quite a few detailed poly experiences.
                              also the DELPHI forums for Customs and BP will have plenty of poly responses so you can get even more feedback from there.
                              I recommend starting with Delphi if you don't want to go page by page in here.
                              CBPO
                              Geo: SWB
                              Written: 8/28/12
                              NOR: 9/12 93%
                              TSL 1+2: 9/12
                              Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
                              VBT + SI: 11/12
                              case sent to IA: 12/27/12
                              Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
                              Poly: ?
                              BI: ?

BPA
                              Written: 3/20/13
                              NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

Comment

• Originally posted by armydog95b View Post
                                I have a question. At the end of my second poly the examiner told me he had no opinion, but he was going to send it up to qc. He asked if I would consent to further testing and I said yes. He then asked me what i was thinking about and what i had on my mind, and if i needed to confess to anything else. They havent contacted me since I left. After the 1st one they called me the same day and immediately rescheduled. Could it be possible that I passed? Happen to anyone else? Thanks.
                                You my friend just joined the ever growing poolof people who have taken apoly and have been told there is something on your mind. They follow a script essentially. I like to consider myself a foremost leader on all things poly being that i took 4. 7 hours each mind you. Do not consider yourself out of the woods until you get a call from an investigator. Just stick with it. Answer what they ask and be confident in those responses. I stuck with it and i EOD'd 2 weeks ago. P.S this job is awesome
                                CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                                Geo: Central/East
                                NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                                TSL:11/1/12
                                Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                                Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                                Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                                VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                                Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                                Met BI: 5/29/13
                                TSU: 6/13/13
                                Drug Test:6/12/13
                                PFT 2:
                                EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11120 users online. 429 members and 10691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X