Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really delighted to let everyone know that I passed my PFT2 on Friday and received my Final Selection Letter!!!!!! It feels incredibly amazing and a bit surreal too (my sore muscles are a definite reminder that my dream is very real). I am finally across the pre-employment finish line and could not be more elated to start the next chapter in my life as a CBP Officer!! I feel tremendously blessed to have this opportunity and thank God for making it possible for me.

Good luck to all of those entering the process via the new announcement and all my very best to those who are still going through the process. Be patient, be open minded and keep training for your fitness test while you wait!!! It is passable, but should not be under estimated! Condition your mind and body for success and you will achieve great results!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
      Maybe someone can help me out. I finally got the call to take my polygraph but had to cancel because I am pregnant. mhc said that they would place my polygraph on hold for four months. does this mean that I am going to be place at the bottom of the list to be called for a polygraph in four months? I cant get an straight answer because they keep giving me the run around. If you ever been in this situation or know someone else that has, please share.
      First of all, you won't get a straight answer. It's bloody difficult enough to predict what the heck MHC will do today let alone four months from today. They probably haven't got a clue themselves and you really can't blame them...you're pregnant and this affects two very critical steps in your process...the polygraph and your PFT2.

Second of all, you probably will end up at the bottom of the list or close enough to it. I mean, it would be super unfair to someone else if they got bumped just to accomodate you after 4 months, no? I was scheduled for my polygraph out-of-state and out of sheer curiosity I asked what were my options as far as taking the exam in my home State. I was told a Supervisor would review my file and make a determination based upon relevant criterias pertaining to my request, but nothing was guaranteed. Most importantly, I was advised that if I decided to go that route, I would go back into the pool (directly to the bottom without the option of passing Go and collecting $200) of candidates who were awaiting polygraph exams in my State! Lets just say, traveling out-of-state was never more appealing to me. Besides, I had already made up my mind that I would go to Mars or Pluto if they told me to, but it never hurts to ask.

Given your current condition, I think it's too late to worry about where you will end up in line for the polygraph... just saying. Also, I don't know of anyone who applied for this job and subsequently got pregnant. But I do know someone who applied and placed family plans on hold for a bit.

Good luck with your pregnancy and congratulations.

Comment

• I take the test Saturday.

Do you guys think they will make a big deal of DL being expired when I take the test? I just recently moved, and I haven't had the time nor the money (been giving my mother most of my money to help her with bills and groceries), so I'm wondering even though my DL is expired the required picture ID will be good enough.

Thanks
        CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
        02/28/14-TSL Received
        03/18/14-PFT1/MED
        07/01/14-VBT/SI
        07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
        07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
          I take the test Saturday.

Do you guys think they will make a big deal of DL being expired when I take the test? I just recently moved, and I haven't had the time nor the money (been giving my mother most of my money to help her with bills and groceries), so I'm wondering even though my DL is expired the required picture ID will be good enough.

Thanks
          Is "valid" a description of the required ID on the test invitation? If so, I wouldn't count on being able to use it. Actually, I would not count on it at all. YMMV

Do you have another valid ID? Passport? Gun permit? Most states will issue an identification card for cheap. I'd be trying to get one of those ASAP.
          Gek.

Comment

I take the test Saturday.

Thanks
            You better get on top of your DL renewal ASAP.

And in response to your post last week about something has to give...the test can't be 5 hours. Umm, it is! Trust me on it. Eat a hearty breakfast or else you will sp*** out when those "30-minute" sections add up to 5 hours. Remember, you've got to factor in getting everyone seated...instructions being read to you slowly by a proctor who wishes she were in Hawaii wearing a grass skirt doing the hula hula instead... said proctor handing out your test booklets with as much enthusiasm as a vampire stuck in a solar panel farm on a hot scorching day...more boring instructions being read by a now half-asleep proctor...and then of course we cannot forget waiting for Joe Schmoe in the back to finish raising his hand in 5-minute increments to ask his 15 "duhhh obviously" questions. It all adds up, Buddy. 5 hours...poof! Time flies when you're having fun!

Good luck on the test!!!
            Last edited by StoneFace; 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• I'm gonna have to wake up around 4:30am since it'll take close to two hours to get there.

No way I can go to bed early. It's hard for me to fall asleep. Since leg days are on Fridays, I'll workout in the afternoon instead of the morning, and I'll make sure I squat and standing push presses heavy. Then I'll eat dinner and do a quick review on the study guide. That should make me pass out.
              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
              02/28/14-TSL Received
              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
              07/01/14-VBT/SI
              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Well I have to go take the poly a 3rd time. This is getting old. I got no opinion yet again. I told the truth the entire time, and nothing changed from last time. I am thinking of withdrawing; im in the process with the marshals and I cant afford to keep driving 3 hours at their whim. Its frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
                  One of you more senior fellas might know this. I'm going to Brownsville on the SWB in a couple of weeks for Pre-Acad. I know that Brownsville has a land, air, and seaport. Are new hires always pushed to the land crossings when they start out? Does one's Spanish ability play any role?

Thanks for any input... just curious.
                  You will be stationed one of the 3 bridge a that we are in charge of. Cargo, the rail road, the airport and sea port are all places where these with much moré seniority go. Those with more seniority get to chose those ports first. If things change over here (Which it most likely won't) you might have a chance to work in one of those but prepare to work at one of our bridges. It's a great start though cause you learn a lot. I've been learning a lot since I've been here.
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                  TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                  Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                  VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                  Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                  Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                  Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                  BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                  TSU: 3/28/13
                  EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                  FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                    I am really delighted to let everyone know that I passed my PFT2 on Friday and received my Final Selection Letter!!!!!! It feels incredibly amazing and a bit surreal too (my sore muscles are a definite reminder that my dream is very real). I am finally across the pre-employment finish line and could not be more elated to start the next chapter in my life as a CBP Officer!! I feel tremendously blessed to have this opportunity and thank God for making it possible for me.

Good luck to all of those entering the process via the new announcement and all my very best to those who are still going through the process. Be patient, be open minded and keep training for your fitness test while you wait!!! It is passable, but should not be under estimated! Condition your mind and body for success and you will achieve great results!

Cheers
                    Big Congrats to ya!!!

Comment

I'm gonna have to wake up around 4:30am since it'll take close to two hours to get there.

No way I can go to bed early. It's hard for me to fall asleep. Since leg days are on Fridays, I'll workout in the afternoon instead of the morning, and I'll make sure I squat and standing push presses heavy. Then I'll eat dinner and do a quick review on the study guide. That should make me pass out.
                      When I was scheduled to take my test it was over 4 hours. I was up at midnight two nights before and prior to closing my computer down for bed, I decided to check on the schedule one last time. Horror of horrors when I discovered it wasn't two days to go, it was that very morning! I woke the wife up, showered and got dressed while she made me coffee. It was almost 2 am when I hit the road in order to make it on time. I arrived about an hour before the test with no sleep. Obviously I passed, but it was not the best conditions I've ever tested under. If ya want this job, ya do what ya gotta do!

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                        When I was scheduled to take my test it was over 4 hours. I was up at midnight two nights before and prior to closing my computer down for bed, I decided to check on the schedule one last time. Horror of horrors when I discovered it wasn't two days to go, it was that very morning! I woke the wife up, showered and got dressed while she made me coffee. It was almost 2 am when I hit the road in order to make it on time. I arrived about an hour before the test with no sleep. Obviously I passed, but it was not the best conditions I've ever tested under. If ya want this job, ya do what ya gotta do!
                        Agreed 66pony, I had to go to Philly to take my exam. Spent a good amount of cash, bc I didn't want to drive down the morning of the exam so I took the train the day before and stayed in a hotel that night. It wasn't cheap and I would have rather been in my bed, but you gotta do whatever it takes. Not that my situation sounds difficult, but it was an unexpected expense right before Christmas. I also remember having to take a day off from work drive in traffic over an hour and a half and pay $25 for an hour of parking. You should try taking the belt parkway in the early AM and see how lovely that is. Did that all on a moments notice, all bc the drug testing sites systems wasn't working properly and couldn't find any other location near me. Mind you I later found out there were a few about 15-20 minutes from me.
                        Last edited by Rms16; 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM.
                        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                        Score:9X.XX%
                        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

I'm gonna have to wake up around 4:30am since it'll take close to two hours to get there.

Can't stress enough to get there early even if it means you'll be waiting in a parking lot for doors to open. I hope things have changed since I last tested for both BPA and CBPO in 2010 but it was a mess. Maybe because I tested in the DC/Virginia area and there was a huge TSA pool of test takers due to two major adjacent airports. The BP test was a much more controlled environment. Regardless the hotel conference room we took the test in turned into a "Charlie Foxtrot". We had test takers taking the test on the floor. And those were the lucky ones. A handful of applicants weren't even allowed to test because there simply wasn't enough room not to mention the few that arrived late. Good luck to all nonetheless.
                          Last edited by CZ_Kid; 08-27-2013, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• A friend and I applied at the same time and got the same test date. We shared an eight hour ride to Atlanta and a room in the hotel where the test was held. It wasn't cheap, but it was worth it.
                            Gek.

Comment

• Why did you have to cancel because you're pregnant?? You're kid will be well into high school before the rest of the process is completed anyway! lol

Comment

• Has anyone been selected for a position in the Northeast region? Are there certain ports that are critically manned?
                                CBPO-North East
                                Written: 6/2012 passed
                                NOR: 6/4/2012
                                TO: 6/17/2013
                                Fitness/Medical: 7/13/13 passed
                                VBT/SI: 8/13/13 passed
                                Quals: (GS-7) 6/17/13
                                BI: In Security Office
                                Polygraph:?
                                Drug Test:?
                                TSU:?
                                EOD:?
                                [/SIZE]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8799 users online. 473 members and 8326 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X