Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would I go about using the score from last year's announcement? Or would I have to take it again since it's been a little more than a year since I took the test?

Comment

• Originally posted by strkr09 View Post
      How would I go about using the score from last year's announcement? Or would I have to take it again since it's been a little more than a year since I took the test?
      When you apply, it asks you if you would like to reuse the same score from before. You just select yes. But if you applied and didn't select that option and submitted your application, you have to take it again.

Comment

• One of you more senior fellas might know this. I'm going to Brownsville on the SWB in a couple of weeks for Pre-Acad. I know that Brownsville has a land, air, and seaport. Are new hires always pushed to the land crossings when they start out? Does one's Spanish ability play any role?

Thanks for any input... just curious.
        NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
        TSL1: 8/14/2012
        TSL2: 8/16/2012
        PFT1: 9/17/2012
        Poly: 11/14/2012
        Drug Test: 12/7/2012
        BI: cleared 12/2012
        Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
        TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
        EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
          One of you more senior fellas might know this. I'm going to Brownsville on the SWB in a couple of weeks for Pre-Acad. I know that Brownsville has a land, air, and seaport. Are new hires always pushed to the land crossings when they start out? Does one's Spanish ability play any role?

Thanks for any input... just curious.
          Those going to the border with no Spanish will have to go through the Spanish academy at the end of your 19 weeks at FLETC. Those who can speak it will be tested to see if they can skip it. Those fluent enough will get a percentage bonus, up to 5%, of their pay at the end of the year.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone know if veterans just get points added to their scores (5 or 10, depending on their preference) or if they get preference within their group before non veterans (ie, best qualified, highly qualified, etc).? I've never done a federal hiring process that has a written test. Thanks.
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
              Does anyone know if veterans just get points added to their scores (5 or 10, depending on their preference) or if they get preference within their group before non veterans (ie, best qualified, highly qualified, etc).? I've never done a federal hiring process that has a written test. Thanks.
              With CBP you get the 5-10 points added to your score... Which in turn places you ahead of those that have a lower score, giving dibs on the TSL. Final offers are given out to those that. Are complete onthisr steps and by TSL date. not a total preference as some other agencies, but the preference is there nonetheless.
              CBPO

Comment

• Thanks, definitely more fair of a system for the non vets. So the key is to score high and finish all your stuff quickly. Does having a recent suitability investigation help? Or any other tips on finishing quickly?
                Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                  Thanks, definitely more fair of a system for the non vets. So the key is to score high and finish all your stuff quickly. Does having a recent suitability investigation help? Or any other tips on finishing quickly?
                  The only backgrounds that can interchange are between Border Patrol and Customs, any other won't be used, just the way it is. As to how fast this process is... It's all but a roll of the dice. I have seen Soren picked up in as little as 3 months and others as long as 7 years. Took me just a month shy of 4 years from test to 1st day in the job.
                  CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                    Overtime is usually based on the lowest earner gets the assignment. The amount of money you have made in overtime is tracked and is referred to daily to assign overtime. Shift preference and team assignment is based on seniority.

FB
                    No news is good news but for me I didn't hear anything for 10 months with a letter saying I've been wothdrawn. After some investigation and talking to MHC, they sent a NOPA out 4months after my poly but to an old address! Fortunately I was able to submit a NOPA so I'm crossing my fingers. It's crazy, I didn't fail the poly and was told by the agent he didn't see anything that would trigger unsuitability, but QC did. So make sure all of ur addresses etc are correct and bug MHC, don't give up, I'm glad I didn't. good luck @ladyta2004
                    CBPO SWB
                    Application: 3/28/12
                    Exam: 4/26/12
                    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                    TSL: 6/12/12
                    TSL2: 6/13/12
                    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
                      No news is good news but for me I didn't hear anything for 10 months with a letter saying I've been wothdrawn. After some investigation and talking to MHC, they sent a NOPA out 4months after my poly but to an old address! Fortunately I was able to submit a NOPA so I'm crossing my fingers. It's crazy, I didn't fail the poly and was told by the agent he didn't see anything that would trigger unsuitability, but QC did. So make sure all of ur addresses etc are correct and bug MHC, don't give up, I'm glad I didn't. good luck @ladyta2004

Dont give up! I haven't give up! Just letting u know.

Comment

• Originally posted by grasshopper802 View Post
                        one last question for those who are already in, I know everybody must do overtime, my question is how much overtime should you expect as a new CBPO? I am sure the senior CBPOs have first preference when deciding to do overtime as well as shift preference.
                        Overtime is highly port specific. Some ports typically offer large amounts of OT...and many others have very little to offer.
                        Some ports see OT rarely and usually in 8-hour blocks...and some ports pretty much run with OT built in at one, two, three or four hours a day.

Also, often OT earnings reflect personal preference. Usually, the people who do not want to work OT pass on it. The people who wish to work OT then work it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fer View Post
                          Dont give up! I haven't give up! Just letting u know.
                          Well that's surprising
                          Last edited by Twink; 08-25-2013, 10:54 AM.
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            The only backgrounds that can interchange are between Border Patrol and Customs, any other won't be used, just the way it is. As to how fast this process is... It's all but a roll of the dice. I have seen Soren picked up in as little as 3 months and others as long as 7 years. Took me just a month shy of 4 years from test to 1st day in the job.
                            What else interchanges between BP and CBP? I'm thinking if signing up to take the BP test if it might help speed up the process for CBP regarding the background checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                              What else interchanges between BP and CBP? I'm thinking if signing up to take the BP test if it might help speed up the process for CBP regarding the background checks.
                              BI and the medical, that's it.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Maybe someone can help me out. I finally got the call to take my polygraph but had to cancel because I am pregnant. mhc said that they would place my polygraph on hold for four months. does this mean that I am going to be place at the bottom of the list to be called for a polygraph in four months? I cant get an straight answer because they keep giving me the run around. If you ever been in this situation or know someone else that has, please share.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10653 users online. 398 members and 10255 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X