300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OKfemale View Post
    I just got the call! I EOD Oct 7 and Academy is Nov 4.

I was offered:

Calexico, CA
    Presidio, TX
    Eagle Pass, TX

If anybody has any information on any of those I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    Also, let me know if you pick Calexico. I live in the next County over, have been there often for work and have a good lay of the land.

Comment

• I have taken my poly twice and was told that they will forward my response to quality. She said I gave a vaild response to why I may have failed. They said I should here something in 3 weeks but it has been over a month. I called and was told that they haven't received a response from quality yet. Man, I hope it works in my favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by grasshopper802 View Post
        Yoda is the academy tough? It looks as if you are or was in the military and so am I currently (AF Reserves) will that make a difference especially if you are in shape?
        The academy is more physical than what it was say 5 years ago. If you are in the military it'll be a breeze... But there's always a chance of getting hurt.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Does anyone know how long the waiting process for re-application is after being DQ-ed from CBPO?

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleD View Post
            Also, let me know if you pick Calexico. I live in the next County over, have been there often for work and have a good lay of the land.
            It was a tough decision because none of the ports offered were any of my top picks and not the best of options, but I chose Eagle Pass. I would have considered deferring, but I was already called before back in February; however, I was still in school so I couldn't accept. I picked Eagle Pass based on its location and its kind of close to San Antonio. Kind of. Lol I interned with the US Marshals and one of the deputies was a BP Agent in Laredo, so I called him and he told me that my best bet would probably be Eagle Pass. He said Presidio is kinda of like an arm pit in the middle of nowhere and that Calexico would have a high cost of living and since I was raised in Oklahoma I'm really not used to that. Also, with it being the first time I will actually be totally on my own and paying for everything myself I'm not 100% sure about me learning to budget that good and that fast. Lol So I guess Eagle Pass it is and I will make the most of it. If anybody has any information on the Eagle Pass port that they would like to pass along to me I would love to hear it! Thank you in advance. Also, thank you everybody for all of the helpful information that has been posted on here and for the encouraging words that have helped me find my way to the end of this process (pending passing the PFT2). Good luck to everybody in the process still. Never give up on it, your time will come!

Comment

• one last question for those who are already in, I know everybody must do overtime, my question is how much overtime should you expect as a new CBPO? I am sure the senior CBPOs have first preference when deciding to do overtime as well as shift preference.
              CBPO-North East
              Written: 6/2012 passed
              NOR: 6/4/2012
              TO: 6/17/2013
              Fitness/Medical: 7/13/13 passed
              VBT/SI: 8/13/13 passed
              Quals: (GS-7) 6/17/13
              BI: In Security Office
              Polygraph:?
              Drug Test:?
              TSU:?
              EOD:?
              [/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                no your not allowed, it is easy math..
                I won't need a calculator, but in the math section on the practice test, there are only 6 questions, but in the examples section, there are like 30 examples. My question is, will the math questions look exactly examples and practice questions, but with different numbers? Reason why I ask is if I'm having problems with just a couple of questions, I can always memorize the set up to the answers, come across a similar question on the exam, and think to myself, "Oh! This is exactly like question 6 on the practice test! I'll just follow the same set up!"

Thanks
                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                02/28/14-TSL Received
                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Has anyone taken the poly, failed but haven't received an NOPA letter after a month and a half?

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyta2004 View Post
                    Has anyone taken the poly, failed but haven't received an NOPA letter after a month and a half?
                    If you failed the poly they won't give you a NOPA. Now if they intend to find you unsuitable due to some information that came up during the poly than you can get a NOPA. No guarantees you will receive a NOPA for that either. There are to many factors to take into account to have a definitive answer. Now I have also heard of many applicants being told they failed the poly than have their BI's clear.
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I have them an explanation why I was having second thoughts. They said it was a valid reason. They said they will write it up in their report then let quality look at it. So it's been about a month in a half with no response. She told me in 3 weeks. There are ppl I know who failed the poly and received a letter that they failed. I haven't received anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        If you failed the poly they won't give you a NOPA. Now if they intend to find you unsuitable due to some information that came up during the poly than you can get a NOPA. No guarantees you will receive a NOPA for that either. There are to many factors to take into account to have a definitive answer. Now I have also heard of many applicants being told they failed the poly than have their BI's clear.

I have them an explanation why I was having second thoughts. They said it was a valid reason. They said they will write it up in their report then let quality look at it. So it's been about a month in a half with no response. She told me in 3 weeks. There are ppl I know who failed the poly and received a letter that they failed. I haven't received anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyta2004 View Post
                          I have them an explanation why I was having second thoughts. They said it was a valid reason. They said they will write it up in their report then let quality look at it. So it's been about a month in a half with no response. She told me in 3 weeks. There are ppl I know who failed the poly and received a letter that they failed. I haven't received anything.
                          No news is good news. You will only get a letter if you failed. Did she tell you that you faild? They usually say you passed or failed, but the final decision is up to QC.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by grasshopper802 View Post
                            one last question for those who are already in, I know everybody must do overtime, my question is how much overtime should you expect as a new CBPO? I am sure the senior CBPOs have first preference when deciding to do overtime as well as shift preference.
                            Overtime is usually based on the lowest earner gets the assignment. The amount of money you have made in overtime is tracked and is referred to daily to assign overtime. Shift preference and team assignment is based on seniority.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              My first BI was never completed, as anyone that receives a NOPA in the process... It is to make the final determination. My example is one of the extremes someone might go through, that after your file has been sitting in a pile for a year, then they send out a NOPA, and it took over a year after that with NO final determination. That's why a new full BI was ordered instead of an update. Now if there is such a timeline according to CFR I'd like to see that since that would make IA liable for certain unnecessary wait times and hardships.

I was in the process for 4 years now 2 on the job, and I have yet to see a definite timeline on any of the steps of this process. For those of you that keep asking "how long for this or that" welcome to the waiting game... I have seen people hired in 3 months and I have seen people waiting 7 years ( met someone at the academy that took this long ) so simply take it in strides one step at a time and don't hold your breath. If something else comes along take it, and if CBP comes calling later and you still want it... Go for it. I let a few opportunities go by waiting for CBP and then when I had given up ( was due to go with something else the following month) I got the call...
                              For those with a NOPA, the primary CFR which is applicable is Title 5, Part 731. Portions of the time frame are outlined here as well as the issues to be considered for a NOPA. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone appealing a NOPA to read this before drafting their response. Also applicable is Part 1201 (appeals). There is yet another section somewhere that I found while doing research for my reply, but didn't locate again. I'll keep looking as time permits. I have a lot on my plate the next several weeks.

Yoda as far as my delay in hiring, the first issue which arose was my TSL being withdrawn due to age. They violated VRA in doing so. They also refused to send a representative to mediation! Liability? Been there brother! It didn't make a hill of beans to them until Washington stepped in!!
                              Last edited by 66Pony; 08-24-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                                No news is good news. You will only get a letter if you failed. Did she tell you that you faild? They usually say you passed or failed, but the final decision is up to QC.
                                Yes. I failed but I see ppl on here who was in my situation and they were told they failed but they pased them later. The never received a letter or anything. Everyone I know who has failed has received a letter but me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9859 users online. 501 members and 9358 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X