Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I wrote my NOPA response I would like someone who has expirience with such situations and have successfully passed the NOPA process to take a look at my response to see if it addresses all the material previously requested of me and to see if my response would be adequate

Comment

• If you miss your test date they give you a few days after until your application is cancelled. Use USA TEST MANAGER and get your info and reschedule, simple as that.

Comment

• Thanks allot guys... I logged into the USA TEST MANAGER today and my only option was to reschedule to take the test on Sept. 4th 2013. But I'd like a little longer to study and prepare so I guess I'll cancel the test and re-apply for CBP in a few months. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Hey All,

New to the forum but am halfway through the process. waiting on poly and background. Can any of you who have families and got the call already think it better to move your family before going to the Academy or after? Need viewpoints on the subject.
          CBPO-North East
          Written: 6/2012 passed
          NOR: 6/4/2012
          TO: 6/17/2013
          Fitness/Medical: 7/13/13 passed
          VBT/SI: 8/13/13 passed
          Quals: (GS-7) 6/17/13
          BI: In Security Office
          Polygraph:?
          Drug Test:?
          TSU:?
          EOD:?
          [/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachafella View Post
            Thanks allot guys... I logged into the USA TEST MANAGER today and my only option was to reschedule to take the test on Sept. 4th 2013. But I'd like a little longer to study and prepare so I guess I'll cancel the test and re-apply for CBP in a few months. Thanks for the help.
            You won't have a few months...it's about a twice a year posting and a very long process to boot. If I were you I'd tighten the straps on me boots and get it going ASAP.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by grasshopper802 View Post
              Hey All,

New to the forum but am halfway through the process. waiting on poly and background. Can any of you who have families and got the call already think it better to move your family before going to the Academy or after? Need viewpoints on the subject.
              I'd say after, you still have to pass the academy...
              CBPO

Comment

• Amac, Tough decision! Have faith and hopefully on your next call you get offered Hidalgo! Welcome to South Texas! 😎
                Last edited by TxSol; 08-22-2013, 06:12 PM.
                "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe."
                A.France

Comment

• A quick question to all you hard working CBO's out there. The USAjobs.com add says starting pay is around 31-38k per year. How do you all pay your bills with such low salary? Do you receive a big pay increase after probation? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachafella View Post
                    A quick question to all you hard working CBO's out there. The USAjobs.com add says starting pay is around 31-38k per year. How do you all pay your bills with such low salary? Do you receive a big pay increase after probation? Thanks!
                    You start out as a GS-5 or 7, then every year you increase to 9,11, and stop at 12. Look up the GS pay scale so you have a better idea.
                    CBPO

Comment

• honestly, my Uncle has been on the job since 80's. He always told me its more to it than the pay. I never understood, but hopefully one day I get the chance to understand what he means.

Comment

• I just took my exam on the 20th and I went to USA TEST Manager and this came up Documents Uploaded for Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBP-13-1)

What do I upload??

Also, I selected Northeast. Say if I were looking into Seattle area, is it possible to work there for a little while and then transfer to NY area? Are they strict about that?

Comment

• Wrote my NOpA and sent it off! Crossing my fingers that they accept my letter. I was given another chance because my previous NoPA was sent to my old address, I never received it and didn't get the deadline thus my application was withdraw . Luckily my case manager gave me a second chance knowing it was at their fault on mhC end for not updating my file. Now my head is turning thinking if I would have originally gotten my letter in Feb I could have be one of the lucky ones getting a call now. I only hope they accept my letter so I can continue on to this process... I'm definitely feeling blessed that I did not give up after I got the email that CPB withdrew my application. Good luck everyone!

For the ones who have done NOPAS what was the timeframe of when they responded back to yor letter?
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            Thanks again for all the info. Ya I handed mine in back in early April, so I'm hoping the no news thing applies. Since I've heard nothing since. I looked at my NOPA email and it didn't state how much time they had to complete the process. Just the date I had to have my response handed in by. Glad to hear everything went well with the PFT2, congrats!
                            Thanks and good luck with the reply. You're absolutely correct, the NOPA does indeed contain only your timeframe for reply.

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            The only timeline you are given with a NOPA is the 30 days for your reply, IA doesn't really have a set timeline. As mine can serve as an example... They took so long to make a final determination that it expired and they had to order a new full BI. It was a bit over a year if I can recall correctly after I replied to my NOPA the BI expired, it took them about a year to send me the NOPA. No news is good news to a point...
                            Actually Yoda, they do have a time frame also. There's no need really for them to outline that in a NOPA because it's regarding tire frames they must meet in NOPA process on their end. As I stated before, that time frame is contained in a CFR. I know because prior to writing my response letter I pulled up the applicable CFR's and read them. If I find the CFR reference again I'll post it.

Honestly the most important time frame involved (and the applicable part to applicants with a NOPA), is if they are going to stand by their decision after receiving the applicants response. The same CFR outlines this and it gives an idea of when someone would receive a reply from them which would indicate they are standing by their initial decision. If they "overturn" their original decision they have no requirement, from what I recall, to send ANY response. The hiring process simply continues moving forward.

Regarding your example I can't understand how a NOPA would apply to a completed BI, unless it was not complete and an "unfavorable" element arose during that BI. I could fully understand how certain completed portions would, basically, expire. Totally conjecture on my part, but I could see how it would be highly likely the file would/could be turned over to a new investigator and the whole process started again. I have been through a total of 6 BI's now between Border Patrol and CBP OFO, 4 complete (and 2 updates).

Comment

• Originally posted by grasshopper802 View Post
                              Hey All,

I would highly recommend moving the family AFTER academy. Academy is a comprehensive process and if you fail out, there would be no job to move your family to.

Comment

• My first BI was never completed, as anyone that receives a NOPA in the process... It is to make the final determination. My example is one of the extremes someone might go through, that after your file has been sitting in a pile for a year, then they send out a NOPA, and it took over a year after that with NO final determination. That's why a new full BI was ordered instead of an update. Now if there is such a timeline according to CFR I'd like to see that since that would make IA liable for certain unnecessary wait times and hardships.

I was in the process for 4 years now 2 on the job, and I have yet to see a definite timeline on any of the steps of this process. For those of you that keep asking "how long for this or that" welcome to the waiting game... I have seen people hired in 3 months and I have seen people waiting 7 years ( met someone at the academy that took this long ) so simply take it in strides one step at a time and don't hold your breath. If something else comes along take it, and if CBP comes calling later and you still want it... Go for it. I let a few opportunities go by waiting for CBP and then when I had given up ( was due to go with something else the following month) I got the call...
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8357 users online. 264 members and 8093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X