Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
    got my final acceptance letter, the big one, where salary (peanuts) is given, and who i report to on my EOD.

    it's been a long wait.
    Welcome to the LE family brother
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
    TSU: 3/28/13
    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
    FLETC: 9/13/13

    Comment


    • SO I got the call! Unfortunately my husband was called 4 weeks ago for Border and we have already moved to McAllen, TX. The nearest place they offered me to McAllen was Roma which is over an hour away. It killed me to do it, but I had to take the 30 day deferral. I hope those that are waiting are getting calls as we speak as well.

      They offered me an academy date of Nov4th. With port options of :

      Calexico, CA
      Presidio, TX
      Eagle Pass, TX
      Laredo, TX
      Roma, TX

      I had a Sep 12 TSL
      CBPO Timeline
      Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
      TSL: 09/12/12
      Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
      TSU: 4/22/13
      PFT 2: 10/8/13
      EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
      FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
      BPA Timeline
      Test: 03/16/13
      NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
      GEO Pref: South Texas
      TSL1: 06/21/13
      PFT1:
      Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
      Med: 3/2013
      Interview: 9/26/13
      EQUIP: 9/24/2012
      BI Investigator: 4/2/13
      Poly: 3/19/13
      Drug Screen: 4/19/13

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Amac View Post
        SO I got the call! Unfortunately my husband was called 4 weeks ago for Border and we have already moved to McAllen, TX. The nearest place they offered me to McAllen was Roma which is over an hour away. It killed me to do it, but I had to take the 30 day deferral. I hope those that are waiting are getting calls as we speak as well.

        They offered me an academy date of Nov4th. With port options of :

        Calexico, CA
        Presidio, TX
        Eagle Pass, TX
        Laredo, TX
        Roma, TX

        I had a Sep 12 TSL
        Congratulations on getting the call! I'm really sorry to hear you had to defer though. I hope they offer you a closer POE in 30. Fingers are crossed. Its great hearing calls are going out for our announcement and that they are still scheduling academies. The news just made my day, so thank you!

        Comment


        • Does anybody have the IA email address. I checked the news letter all they have is the MHC equip email address. It's under the BI section for contacts, but that isn't IA. I also looked on my TSL and it's not there either. Oh and yes I still have my TSL over two years later. I keep everything haha.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

          NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

          PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

          Comment


          • Also took my pft2 in chula vista, ca on aug 16th. So happy to be done with eberything. Now just need to figure everything out with regards to benefits. Over a 3 year wait to get hired. I'm stoked its finally over

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nmf482002 View Post
              Also took my pft2 in chula vista, ca on aug 16th. So happy to be done with eberything. Now just need to figure everything out with regards to benefits. Over a 3 year wait to get hired. I'm stoked its finally over
              Congrats! Three years damn you even have me beat. I thought it was only me and drifting left. What's your timeline like?
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

              NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

              PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                I don't recall the time frame right off hand. Don't quote me, but I believe the total process had to concluded in 30 days. The time frame for conducting everything wasn't included in the NOPA, just a portion (which would primarily be addressed to the applicant's requirements). The whole time frame and process is outlined in one of the CFR's. It was several months after the process was supposed to be completed that I saw any further movement on my BI. I discovered that on CASS! Generally speaking it's a "no news is good news" situation! Keep your fingers crossed!
                Thanks again for all the info. Ya I handed mine in back in early April, so I'm hoping the no news thing applies. Since I've heard nothing since. I looked at my NOPA email and it didn't state how much time they had to complete the process. Just the date I had to have my response handed in by. Glad to hear everything went well with the PFT2, congrats!
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

                NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                  Does anybody have the IA email address. I checked the news letter all they have is the MHC equip email address. It's under the BI section for contacts, but that isn't IA. I also looked on my TSL and it's not there either. Oh and yes I still have my TSL over two years later. I keep everything haha.
                  would like this info too!

                  please call me soon for my poly!! lol
                  CBPO
                  Geo: SWB
                  Written: 8/28/12
                  NOR: 9/12 93%
                  TSL 1+2: 9/12
                  Medical + PFT-1: 10/12
                  VBT + SI: 11/12
                  case sent to IA: 12/27/12
                  Qualifications: 2/22/13 GS-5
                  Poly: ?
                  BI: ?

                  BPA
                  Written: 3/20/13
                  NOR: 5/17/13 - 90%

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by nmf482002 View Post
                    Also took my pft2 in chula vista, ca on aug 16th. So happy to be done with eberything. Now just need to figure everything out with regards to benefits. Over a 3 year wait to get hired. I'm stoked its finally over
                    I was there, what's your name? i was the last one to finish.
                    tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                    NOR-11/11
                    TSL- 11/17/11
                    pft1- 12/8/11
                    Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                    Qual- completed 3/12
                    Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                    S I-completed 3/12
                    Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                    Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                    Fitness- completed 12/12

                    EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                    Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                    new fletc date- 11-18-13

                    SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      Thanks again for all the info. Ya I handed mine in back in early April, so I'm hoping the no news thing applies. Since I've heard nothing since. I looked at my NOPA email and it didn't state how much time they had to complete the process. Just the date I had to have my response handed in by. Glad to hear everything went well with the PFT2, congrats!
                      The only timeline you are given with a NOPA is the 30 days for your reply, IA doesn't really have a set timeline. As mine can serve as an example... They took so long to make a final determination that it expired and they had to order a new full BI. It was a bit over a year if I can recall correctly after I replied to my NOPA the BI expired, it took them about a year to send me the NOPA. No news is good news to a point...
                      CBPO
                      Written: 08/29/2007
                      EOD: July 11, 2011

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Amac View Post
                        SO I got the call! Unfortunately my husband was called 4 weeks ago for Border and we have already moved to McAllen, TX. The nearest place they offered me to McAllen was Roma which is over an hour away. It killed me to do it, but I had to take the 30 day deferral. I hope those that are waiting are getting calls as we speak as well.

                        They offered me an academy date of Nov4th. With port options of :

                        Calexico, CA
                        Presidio, TX
                        Eagle Pass, TX
                        Laredo, TX
                        Roma, TX

                        I had a Sep 12 TSL
                        Thats too bad you had to defer, but it will all work out! Seems like every week a month closer to my TSL date is being called, my TSL was in February of 2013, trying to stay patient as all of you have.

                        Good luck !
                        Last edited by LiveToCompete; 08-22-2013, 11:43 AM. Reason: Change 2012 to 2013.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Amac View Post
                          SO I got the call! Unfortunately my husband was called 4 weeks ago for Border and we have already moved to McAllen, TX. The nearest place they offered me to McAllen was Roma which is over an hour away. It killed me to do it, but I had to take the 30 day deferral. I hope those that are waiting are getting calls as we speak as well.

                          They offered me an academy date of Nov4th. With port options of :

                          Calexico, CA
                          Presidio, TX
                          Eagle Pass, TX
                          Laredo, TX
                          Roma, TX

                          I had a Sep 12 TSL
                          Amac, this is painful to read! It's so much work to get to this point, then see it slip away. When were you referred to Schedule EOD?

                          Checked CASS this morning and it says Referred to the scheduling training unit. Too bad SYS wasn't offered to you.... I wonder if that cup ran dry.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TripleD View Post
                            Amac, this is painful to read! It's so much work to get to this point, then see it slip away. When were you referred to Schedule EOD?

                            Checked CASS this morning and it says Referred to the scheduling training unit. Too bad SYS wasn't offered to you.... I wonder if that cup ran dry.
                            It was painful but not gone just delayed. I will hope for something closer and take whatever is closest next time. Trust me I will not let this job opportunity slip away from me.

                            As for SYS, I wouldn't worry too much. My husband wanted McAllen, TX and for the longest time no one was being offered McAllen. Turns out they schedule a certain number of each port they need to fill to each class they schedule. So while McAllen needed (for example) 50 agents they only scheduled lets say 5 McAllen officers per academy. So it may be a good thing that you are not seeing SYS right now. Could mean there will be more spots for you later when you get the call. Stay positive and I hope you get that call soon.

                            Oh and they gave me an EOD date of OCT 7th.
                            Last edited by Amac ; 08-22-2013, 09:59 AM.
                            CBPO Timeline
                            Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                            TSL: 09/12/12
                            Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                            TSU: 4/22/13
                            PFT 2: 10/8/13
                            EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                            FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                            BPA Timeline
                            Test: 03/16/13
                            NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                            GEO Pref: South Texas
                            TSL1: 06/21/13
                            PFT1:
                            Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                            Med: 3/2013
                            Interview: 9/26/13
                            EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                            BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                            Poly: 3/19/13
                            Drug Screen: 4/19/13

                            Comment


                            • Hey guys quick question...

                              Last month I applied for CBO from USAjobs.gov and was sent an email regarding my test appointment witch happened last week. Well long story short there was a family emergency and I was unable to attend the test.

                              The worst thing is I don't have any of the emails or testing email confirmation they sent since my wife accidentally deleted my yahoo inbox thinking it was my yahoo trash. Sigh /

                              Does anyone know how I could contact them to re schedule the test and/or get my emails re-sent to my yahoo account.

                              Thanks!

                              Comment


                              • apply again, you already missed the test date.
                                tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                                NOR-11/11
                                TSL- 11/17/11
                                pft1- 12/8/11
                                Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                                Qual- completed 3/12
                                Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                                S I-completed 3/12
                                Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                                Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                                Fitness- completed 12/12

                                EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                                Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                                new fletc date- 11-18-13

                                SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8701 users online. 286 members and 8415 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X