Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
    Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
    new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
      they don't give you time for lunch ?
      As a trainee and at FLETC you should always get a break for lunch, heck at FLETC you get 10 min breaks every hour... Don't get used to it though... All breaks go out the window when you hit the job.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• So I posted last week how bummed I was about getting a letter stating I was unsuitable for the job. I called and called MhC and IA because I wanted more clarification of why I was dismissed and through email. Fortunately my case manager has been most helpful. In any rate I never received my NOPA because they sent it an old address even though I updated my address months ago. Fortunately she is giving me a chance to write my NOPA.

Findings:
        During my lee interview screening I told the agent everything I have ever done wrong in my life to get the guilty conscience off my chest. I told the agent I sold about 3-5 Vicodin pills to a friend who was needing it for $15. Back when I did it, I was much younger, ignorant of the causes, effects, as well as addiction to the pill and was merely helping a friend out because he was in pain. At least that's what he told me. Of course now, since I have been educated and exposed to the negative drawbacks to this addiction I would not think twice about selling or even giving someone else any pain pills.

Is there anyone who can assist me thru the process? I would very much appreciate it. I will not and cannot lose faith because I know I would be such an asset to the organization and I cannot let dumb, young and ignorant mistake from my past affect me now.
        CBPO SWB
        Application: 3/28/12
        Exam: 4/26/12
        NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
        TSL: 6/12/12
        TSL2: 6/13/12
        Eqip: clear 6/28/12
        Fingerprint: 6/22/12
        PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
        Quals: GS7 8/28/12
        PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
        Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
        VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
        Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
        Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
        Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• got my final acceptance letter, the big one, where salary (peanuts) is given, and who i report to on my EOD.

it's been a long wait.
          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
          NOR-11/11
          TSL- 11/17/11
          pft1- 12/8/11
          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
          Qual- completed 3/12
          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
          S I-completed 3/12
          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
          Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
          new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• I just took my CBPO exam this morning, my brain is shot. The lady said 2-4 weeks I will get a email letting me know if I passed or failed. As I stated before, I am not familiar with the process at all but I will start doing some research.

Is this true: Different areas you can get hired at a much quicker rate? For example San Diego vs New York wait time? How are the waits for Northeast area?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              As a trainee and at FLETC you should always get a break for lunch, heck at FLETC you get 10 min breaks every hour... Don't get used to it though... All breaks go out the window when you hit the job.
              A word of caution every port can be different. As a trainee, you might not get a break for lunch at specific ports. You are paid for eight hours most ports have eight hour shifts which means no official lunch break. If there is an opportunity, lunch happens. FLETC is different but even there that lunch break you are getting is unpaid as you are still getting eight hours of instruction every day.

FB

Comment

got my final acceptance letter, the big one, where salary (peanuts) is given, and who i report to on my EOD.

it's been a long wait.
                Salary outlook is a kinda subjective thing. Starting salary for the region I started my career at is now 33,408 including the locality pay when I started it was 20,941. Something to keep in mind is your salary will jump about 8000 to 8500 dollars after the first year then 9200 the second year. That is almost a 20,000 dollar increase after two years on the job. There are not too many jobs that provide raises like that.

FB

Comment

got my final acceptance letter, the big one, where salary (peanuts) is given, and who i report to on my EOD.

it's been a long wait.
                  Also, very, very, very few people manage to find work where nothing but base pay comes into play.

You might see base pay(or close to it) at FLETC and maybe as a trainee, but the average working CBPO will be making thousands to tens of thousands of dollars above base salary in a normal year...with overtime, holiday and differential pay.

Comment

it's been a long wait.
                    I received mine today also! WooHooo!

Comment

• I took the exam August 23rd last year. I am up to the Polygraph phase. Been reading the forum since then, did anyone else get told they were moving around too much in the Poly? I was sitting as still as I possibly could. Thanks in advance. I'm taking it again Monday. He did not say that I indicated deception but stated that I "Had something on my mind that I needed to tell him." I'm a Police Officer and have passed 3 polys before this one for civilian departments.
                      Last edited by armydog95b; 08-21-2013, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Also another question. I got orders to deploy as I am still a reservist. Who do I need to call and notify? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by armydog95b View Post
                          Also another question. I got orders to deploy as I am still a reservist. Who do I need to call and notify? Thanks in advance.
                          Call MHC and they'll give you a fax number to fax to orders, you'll be placed on hold until you get back.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

I took the exam August 23rd last year. I am up to the Polygraph phase. Been reading the forum since then, did anyone else get told they were moving around too much in the Poly? I was sitting as still as I possibly could. Thanks in advance. I'm taking it again Monday. He did not say that I indicated deception but stated that I "Had something on my mind that I needed to tell him." I'm a Police Officer and have passed 3 polys before this one for civilian departments.
                            PM me. I think you have your messaging turned off.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                              I just took my CBPO exam this morning, my brain is shot. The lady said 2-4 weeks I will get a email letting me know if I passed or failed. As I stated before, I am not familiar with the process at all but I will start doing some research.

Is this true: Different areas you can get hired at a much quicker rate? For example San Diego vs New York wait time? How are the waits for Northeast area?
                              On the job announcement, they state what area they are mainly hiring for. Back when I applied in 2012, the southwest was the main hiring location, and I have been in the process for a year now, and looks like it will be at least another 6 months. Its hard to say if it would be faster or slower at another location. It all depends on the hiring needs, the number of applicants for that location, and the schedule of new FLETC classes.

I believe the new job post states that the northwest is the main hiring location right now. I would say it would be at least 1-2 years before getting a job offer there. Other locations probably more like 2-3 years, as that is the norm for federal law enforcement jobs, barring special circumstances.

Comment

I took the exam August 23rd last year. I am up to the Polygraph phase. Been reading the forum since then, did anyone else get told they were moving around too much in the Poly? I was sitting as still as I possibly could. Thanks in advance. I'm taking it again Monday. He did not say that I indicated deception but stated that I "Had something on my mind that I needed to tell him." I'm a Police Officer and have passed 3 polys before this one for civilian departments.
                                Same thing happened to me, along with every other person I know who has taken the poly. It is their job to try and get everything out of you, and while deception is frowned upon for us applicants, it is encouraged for the purpose of getting us comfortable with the analyst, then uncomfortable with the process, and force us to tell all.

I was told I was being deceptive on the drug use, and I too was moving too much. I "barely passed, but it would be up to a panel to determine my suitability". I was never required to take another polygraph, and am waiting for my EOD now.

Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6996 users online. 180 members and 6816 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X