• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
    -Near vision: Must test at least 20/40 with or without correction
    -Distant vision: Must be at least 20/100 or better without correction
    -Corrected distance vision must be 20/30 or better with both eyes
    -no colorblindness
    -Refractive Surgery/Lasik: free from significant untoward side effects of surgery e.g. glare, contrast sensitivity, etc
    -must have normal depth perception/ perhipreal vision

That's straight off of the specific requirements of PEPRs that the staffing unit nurse sent me for an injury.

Hey guys, so what happens if you failed the vision test? Is it game over? Can you tell me that you will get Lasik right away? Or do you need to get that surgery before you take the vision test? Because I don't want to spend $5000 and might pass the vision test without the surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by draqon View Post
      Hey guys, so what happens if you failed the vision test? Is it game over? Can you tell me that you will get Lasik right away? Or do you need to get that surgery before you take the vision test? Because I don't want to spend $5000 and might pass the vision test without the surgery.
      You should ask someone from the medical review unit, they can answer your question the best.

If you are found medically unsuited, they tell you what for. If it's something fixable, you try and fix it to become medically fit. If you don't, you're out. That's how I understand it, but to be fair I wouldn't put much weight on that; my injury occurred after I became medically cleared.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just PM you the medical unit's phone number. That way you hear it from the horse's mouth.
      "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Hey everybody, I showed up in CASS today too. I see a few people were wondering if TO's were on the way after they showed in CASS. You should be receiving a TO soon, maybe even tomorrow. When I called they told me I would recieve my TO tomorrow and it would be due back 10/08/08. So be watching those mailboxes.

Tested: 8/05/08 Michigan 87 no vet
        NOR: 8/12/08
        CASS: 9/23/08
        TO: 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by sap123 View Post
          You should ask someone from the medical review unit, they can answer your question the best.

If you are found medically unsuited, they tell you what for. If it's something fixable, you try and fix it to become medically fit. If you don't, you're out. That's how I understand it, but to be fair I wouldn't put much weight on that; my injury occurred after I became medically cleared.

EDIT: Actually, I'll just PM you the medical unit's phone number. That way you hear it from the horse's mouth.
          Thanks a lot! Sorry for asking all these questions but I am just so excited to finally get a TO. One more questions!

Does anyone know if the Background Investigation is similar to Law Enforcement BI? I got my BI cleared couple of months ago working at my university's police department and my internship there. Would this speed up the BI process?

Comment

Thanks a lot! Sorry for asking all these questions but I am just so excited to finally get a TO. One more questions!

Does anyone know if the Background Investigation is similar to Law Enforcement BI? I got my BI cleared couple of months ago working at my university's police department and my internship there. Would this speed up the BI process?
            It will not speed up the process, and you will go through a different BI process. Good luck.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• I know this question has been asked before, but I was wondering what a day of training is like at fletc. I have been exercising daily. But, I was just wondering, are you doing push-ups, sit-ups daily. I know it's plenty of running. I just want to be prepared. If you had to be the fittest of fit to survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolygsx View Post
                Whats your GEO preference?
                Miami, FLorida.

Comment

• something tells me you dont have to be an olympian to pass FLETC physical training. I mean, granted you are in decent shape, from what ive read here and on the fletc page, it should be a breeze.

I also see no reason not to hold a job while you wait around to complete the CASS steps. I work 40 hours a week and goto school part time and still have time to keep myself in pretty damn good shape. I dont think anyone needs to prepare full-time for fletc, I doubt it can be that rigorous and mentally challenging.

Comment

• during FLET running, do you run with your own shoes?

Originally posted by colinm112 View Post
                    something tells me you dont have to be an olympian to pass FLETC physical training. I mean, granted you are in decent shape, from what ive read here and on the fletc page, it should be a breeze.

I also see no reason not to hold a job while you wait around to complete the CASS steps. I work 40 hours a week and goto school part time and still have time to keep myself in pretty damn good shape. I dont think anyone needs to prepare full-time for fletc, I doubt it can be that rigorous and mentally challenging.
                    TESTED: 3/21 EL CENTRO,CA
                    NOR: 4/21 - 92 (N/V) GS7
                    QUALIFICATIONS: COMPLETED (8/15)
                    GEO PREFERENCE: ANDRADE AZ/ CALEXICO CA
                    PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS:COMPLETED (5/29)
                    MEDICAL: COMPLETED(7/17)
                    FITNESS: COMPLETED(7/24)
                    VBT: (CALEXICO, CA) COMPLETED (7/22)
                    DRUG TEST: COMPLETED (7/25)
                    BI: CASE IS IN THE SECURITY OFFICE (met with the investigator (9/15) case sent to adjudicator(10/7)

Comment

• If you have really bad eye sights but you see fine with contacts...do you guys recommend getting Lasik? I am really scared about getting Lasik though.

Comment

If you have really bad eye sights but you see fine with contacts...do you guys recommend getting Lasik? I am really scared about getting Lasik though.
                        If you have really bad eyesight then you might not qualify medically. You need to see relatively well without your contacts. I would definitely recommend lasik. I actually just had it done last Friday. I went from 20/400 to 20/15 in 4 days. The procedure was so simple I wondered why I worried so much beforehand. If you go that route, just do your research on the doctors in your area.

Comment

• TWIY2008: [QUOTE=twiy2008;1422636]I know this question has been asked before, but I was wondering what a day of training is like at fletc.

Well as of last year this is how i spent my training days: I dont eat breakfast so i got up at about 6:15 am and watched the news while getting ready. Out the door by about 10 minutes to 7 because i liked to walk to class. Class starts at 7:30 and 99% of the time it is 1 or 2 hr. blocks of training. Depending on what class youre in and if you are A side or B side (the classes are split for activities other than lecture) you may have a block of immigration, then p.t., etc. Then an hour for lunch, then repeat the process in the afternoon. Like i said it changes as the weeks go by because you'll be finished with say agriculture and then you might start fingerprinting or baton or document reading. After 4:30 the day is yours to do with as you please and if youre like me it'll be drinking beer and/or hanging out studying with your friends. You'll be blown away by the wide variety of different things you'll have to learn but relax and you wont become overwhelmed. As far as PT, its not the Marines as far as its participation only, but if youre not in shape or dont like exercising, you'll be hating it passionately. The tough times are when you have p.t. followed by say defensive tactics. That makes for 4 hours straight at the PT building. But it beats 4 straight hours of immigration law lecturing!

Comment

• I just got a call with a start date of Oct. 14 in Detroit, and FLETC starting November 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gert_B_Frob View Post
                              I just got a call with a start date of Oct. 14 in Detroit, and FLETC starting November 4.

Good for you! So I see how it is, you lurk in the shadows and dont share any of the misery of waiting, then your first post it when you get the call!?!? HAHA, thats the way to roll. You take the tunnel, bridge, airport?

Comment

• Does anyone know what "Mission-Critical Conduct" is?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5688 users online. 365 members and 5323 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X