X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirt tie slacks are good, lots of paperwork

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
      Figured I'd address helping out someone before posting my latest news. PFT2 complete...and I passed!! FLETC here I come!

There was a total of eight of us and we started at 6:30am! The sun wasn't even up when we met with the supervisor. Six of the folks were BP applicants and only two of us were CBPO. Ironically the other CBPO person lives about four miles from me (and will be a classmate)! From what I was hearing from the others, one BP guy was heading to California and all of the others (including the other CBPO applicant) were headed to south Texas.

It started out as a pretty stressful experience. I was going to go to bed early last night to get some good sleep. My wife texted me though, asking why I had left my running clothes at home. Eeeeeek!! In my rush to pack yesterday I forgot to pack them. I had to get up and dressed and head out to Wally World. By the time I got back into bed it was almost 11:30pm. So much for a restful night!

When we got out to the track at FLETC they gave us some time to stretch and warm up. The first thing they did was take our pulse and blood pressure. As I've gotten older my blood pressure has gotten a little higher. It's not bad at all, just creeped up a little. The problem is when I get really nervous it shoots up. Combine that with the increase and it then becomes a problem! I knew I would be a little nervous and it would increase. I just wanted it to stay low enough to test. When I passed that I told them, "one hurdle down!". After that we ran the 220, followed by sit ups and then push ups. Everything was done one at a time so it could be video taped. They demonstrated proper form for everything before anyone started. An instructor also held everyone's feet for the sit ups and did the counting for both sit ups and push ups. After everyone passed all of that, the instructors commented about being impressed that no one had failed or had little difficulty with anything. All that was left was the 1 1/2 mile...my last hurdle! I think the BP folks were a little jealous when told they had 15 minutes and we had 17 1/2! Everyone runs at the same time, you just had to state your last name and lap number as you crossed the line each time. They'd then give you a lap time. Everyone took off at the start, leaving me behind.

I had already figured out if I could roughly maintain a 2 min 45 sec lap time I'd make it with time left. My first lap was 2:11, which thrilled me. That gave me even more time. After that I maintained about a 2:30 lap time. After about 2 1/2 laps everyone else had lapped me. When they came around on their last lap, I was crossing over on #5 (it was a total of 6 laps). The supervisor thought it was my last lap as I approached and told me she had my final lap time. As I crossed the line and said "lap 5", the other instructors told her I had one more. She said "oops, sorry", but I had a total lap time of 14 something. I just kept giving myself little self motivating goals each lap and then upping them each time. I crossed over at 16 something. I didn't hear what the seconds were because all I needed to hear was 16 ANYTHING(!), and I sprinted down the last straight with everything I had left in me. They told to do a cool down walk and get some more water. Instead I proceeded to barf out the bottle of water that was in me! LOL BTW, everyone in my group passed. Big congrats to them! I'm glad that's over (yeah I know, more awaits!).

Sorry for the lengthy post. I figured I'd give some details about the PFT2 because I've seen questions previously posted about the process. Keep the faith everyone. If you want it bad enough, you'll get there!
      Well done! Way to push it to the limit Keep practicing though because it gets tougher at Fletc and the time requirements are stricter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
        5% bro, 5%. Don't put anything less than that or you'll regret is very much later down the line. You can wait on the TSP Roth for now like Yoda said. Just a clarity for the TSP however. They will match 100% up to 3% then the other 2% they will match .50 cent to the dollar. Whatever you do make sure you do 5 % though, lol.
        For medical plans there are so many to choose from so you'll just have to sit down and figure out which one is best for you in regards to frequency of going to the doctor and cost of premiums.
        I think I pretty much echoed what Yoda said but figured I respond. Maybe you'll get a better grasp on your approach.
        Cool, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
          my pft2 was similar to 66pony.

chula vista, ca. 830 am. the proctors were cbpo or bpa.

6 bpa and i'd say 12 cbp testers including myself. all going to SYS or LAX (2) (lucky ones)

the 220 yrd dash, one person at a time, 2 people running max.

sit ups, you stop after minimum
          push ups, you stop after minimum

1.5- everyone runs.

i had injured myself 3 weeks ago in the calf, partial calf tear. ran only once in the track 3 days before pft2. on the 220, pop, there it goes again. the pain, the adrenaline, the thoughts of waiting for so long depended on this silly run... make or break. i pushed all what i had and made it at 16:56 or something.

got dizzy at the end, had to sit around, puked gatorade and sips of water i had throughout the pft2. every tester had left except for me and all the cbp/bpa were there hanging out with me to see i was ok. nice folks outside of being proctors.

none the less i passed. i'm about to knock out now. in 3 hrs, i would be up for 24. good night!

preacademy, here i come oct 12 SYS!
          Congrats on the job well done! Keep pushing yourself and improve your times, it only gets tougher at Fletc

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
            Same with mine, number necessary to pass and stop (for the push ups and sit ups). On the 220 they specifically told us don't push so hard you pull something. I would imagine all of it is so you aren't trying to do the 1 1/2 mile while injured and risk not making it. My proctors were were all CBP.

BTW, thanks everyone!
            Yeah I think it's standard that they make you stop once you hit the minimum. Same thing happened when I was testing.

Comment

• from the new exams given now, does anyone know when they want to hire from those?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                from the new exams given now, does anyone know when they want to hire from those?
                Without any hang ups it should theoretically be around 6 months from tentative selection letter, but it could take years... Way too many variables in the process to make an assessment.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Gijoevila,

I tried sending you a PM but you don't have it turned on. Just want to send something to you.
                  Geo:SWB
                  CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                  TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                  Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                  VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                  Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                  Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                  Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                  BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                  TSU: 3/28/13
                  EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                  FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Hello first time poster here, i was curious as to how long it took to find out the results for the polygraph? i took mine a month ago now and nothing and CASS is still just showing that the BI is in the security office. i am in the Army and i get out this NOV (terminal leave starts in Sept) and was wondering if i was still in the fight for a job. I dont have my timeline info but i tested in early 2012 like March or something have done everthing except the pft2. My geo preference is the NY NJ area I believe that the northeast. I really hope to get on so that i can continue my federal service. Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPPLYORDIE View Post
                      Hello first time poster here, i was curious as to how long it took to find out the results for the polygraph? i took mine a month ago now and nothing and CASS is still just showing that the BI is in the security office. i am in the Army and i get out this NOV (terminal leave starts in Sept) and was wondering if i was still in the fight for a job. I dont have my timeline info but i tested in early 2012 like March or something have done everthing except the pft2. My geo preference is the NY NJ area I believe that the northeast. I really hope to get on so that i can continue my federal service. Thanks for your time.

Hey you can send an email to MHC, they can answer back to you that info, you can find the mail in the newsletter in CASS. The respond me the same day. Keep the hopes up!!!
                      Last edited by Goyo; 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPPLYORDIE View Post
                        Hello first time poster here, i was curious as to how long it took to find out the results for the polygraph? i took mine a month ago now and nothing and CASS is still just showing that the BI is in the security office. i am in the Army and i get out this NOV (terminal leave starts in Sept) and was wondering if i was still in the fight for a job. I dont have my timeline info but i tested in early 2012 like March or something have done everthing except the pft2. My geo preference is the NY NJ area I believe that the northeast. I really hope to get on so that i can continue my federal service. Thanks for your time.
                        You'll only get results if you fail the polygraph. There's no real timeline for that. No news is good news.
                        Gek.

Comment

• the polygraph examiner should have told you the results after the test.

but it's up to MHC to yay or nay the examiner's findings.
                          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                          NOR-11/11
                          TSL- 11/17/11
                          pft1- 12/8/11
                          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                          Qual- completed 3/12
                          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                          S I-completed 3/12
                          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                          Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                          new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• First time poster here. I just switched my geographic location under the new announcement. Does anyone know if it is required to resubmit any documents (OF306, DD214 etc.) ?. I left a message with MHC but was wondering if anybody can shine some light on this before or if I get a response.

Comment

• First day is in the books and I am beat! Filled out quite a few forms, got sworn in and then I met some of my new coworkers. Had to watch like a 3 hour instructional video on Airport procedures etc just to get my id, it was boring but had to be done. After that I observed an officer processing and questioning people as they arrived, that was cool to see. I'm just a lil tired cuz I didn't even get to eat lunch .....sheesh!
                              Last edited by CBPO; 08-19-2013, 10:28 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• My first day is on the books as well. Gonna love this.
                                CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                                Geo: Central/East
                                NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                                TSL:11/1/12
                                Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                                Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                                Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                                VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                                Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                                Met BI: 5/29/13
                                TSU: 6/13/13
                                Drug Test:6/12/13
                                PFT 2:
                                EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9682 users online. 358 members and 9324 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X