Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to all fellow applicants and cbpo. If you want a more reallistic view at the Cbp line of work, instead of border wars, wich is mostly Bp, there was a show from ABC, its called Homeland Security Usa, you still can find it in youtube, I currently found 11 episodes I don't know if there are more. Enjoy and keep dreaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMUDGE07 View Post
      Thanks for the heads up.
      There were probably about 20+ of us there some for CBPO some for Border Patrol. All the test proctors were Border patrol guys. Two or three guys could not test because of blood pressure or heart rate issues. One guy failed the push ups. He was a CBPO guy and said it was his second time testing. I felt bad for one of the guys who wasn't allowed to test because he drove 5+ hours and spent the night at a hotel and wasn't even allowed to test.
      Second time testing and he failed?? Wow. That is just insane. Where did you take your test?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
        email me.

[email protected] dot com
        Done
        Test : Jul 2011
        NOR: Aug 2011
        Loc Change: Jan 2012
        TSL: Feb 2012
        E-Quip: Mar 2012
        PFT 1 : Mar 2012
        E Quip follow up: April 2012 (paperwork on my sister that was adopted from China)
        Physical: April 2012
        Lasik: May 2012 (placed on 6 month medical hold)
        Polygraph: Feb 2013
        BI: Mar 2013
        DS delayed: April 2013(Daughter in Children's Hospital )
        DS: Jun 2013
        LOA: Jul 2013
        PFT2: Aug 13 2012
        EOD: Sept 9 2013
        FLETC: Oct 15 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
          Second time testing and he failed?? Wow. That is just insane. Where did you take your test?
          Detroit. He said he was never ever good at push ups. Had people there from Chicago, Southern Indiana and New York.
          E Quip follow up: April 2012 (paperwork on my sister that was adopted from China)

Comment

• Originally posted by Goyo View Post
            Hi to all fellow applicants and cbpo. If you want a more reallistic view at the Cbp line of work, instead of border wars, wich is mostly Bp, there was a show from ABC, its called Homeland Security Usa, you still can find it in youtube, I currently found 11 episodes I don't know if there are more. Enjoy and keep dreaming.
            I watch Border Wars frequently. It's got a good bit of CBPOs at work. But you are right though, BPAs are featured more because...let's face it...chasing bodies around the desert on foot, horses, dirt bikes, ATVs or coralling them by helicopter, etc. makes for better TV. I mean, there are only so many times you can film a vehicle being sent to secondary because it's driver claimed he/she was "hungry" and went to Mexico for "tacos," then said vehicle is torn apart for narcs stacked in the fuel tank. Viewers may find that boring, but I could watch busts like those all day without being bored. I can't wait to be part of the action!

There was also another show called "To Catch a Smuggler" fimled at JFK. I've never seen it, but I've heard people talking about it.

Comment

• Is there a FLETC packing list somewhere? a link or something only thing I keep finding is bring bug spray.

Comment

• Pointman, Merlin, Yoda, and anyone who is already a CBP officer what do you guys think about the TSP? and the Roth TSP? What's the best thing to do for single people, married people etc And also Medical Insurance options? Is there a "best" option? There's tons of new stuff aka paperwork, new hires have to get through and it's a bit daunting having to sift through all of it to be honest. Just want your opinions on it if at all possible, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO View Post
                  Pointman, Merlin, Yoda, and anyone who is already a CBP officer what do you guys think about the TSP? and the Roth TSP? What's the best thing to do for single people, married people etc And also Medical Insurance options? Is there a "best" option? There's tons of new stuff aka paperwork, new hires have to get through and it's a bit daunting having to sift through all of it to be honest. Just want your opinions on it if at all possible, thanks!
                  TSP-start with the 5% or you'll be giving free money away... Starting out you should not do Roth since your check will be thinner, but once you make 12 you might want to change it... Better bennefit in the end.

Medical- go with what makes sense to you, look at all the options what they offer and how much you'll pay into it. Makes no sense to pay top dollar for something you rarely ever use. The best option is the one that makes sense for your particular situation, but you need to do a bit of homework and compare plans before picking.

Hope I helped a bit...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                    Where to start?! LOL
                    around when did you receive your NOPA?
                    I received my NOPA about a month after my poly.

Also when did you send in your response?
                    In it they provide a timeline for responding. I simply followed that. it's just like when MHC sends you something and tells you that you have XX number of days to complete or provide info. They also provided me with the CFR references that they stand on. It is in your best interest to look them up and read them. They provide further info on guidelines for unsuitability and what must be taken into consideration for rebuttals. Not only your time frame for responding is outlined, but their time frame for conducting the process is given.

I'm assuming you did not receive notice that you got through the NOPA, just all green in CASS or did you just get the call?
                    Actually I never received anything regarding my response. I knew they had a given number of days to handle it. Since I never received anything else from them I figured it was good. Then my CASS changed and said my BI was completed (IIRC). At that point I had all green checks, but no "referred to scheduling"! Next thing you know I got a call!

Also you had to update the medical, but what about the pft1?
                    I only had to do the PFT1 at my "initial" physical.

When you updated the med was it just a recert or a second full med.
                    My second update was a full physical but without the PFT1 (which has changed several times since I applied). My last "physical" several months ago was the self certification type where I just signed a document and returned it.

I think I got them all!
                    Thanks for the detailed response. It is very helpful. I did my due diligence when I wrote my response and I feel I responded to everything they stated needed to be addressed. As well as looking into what the guidelines for unsuitability were. I was not going to let a lack of research and a hastily written response ruin my chances of getting what I've worked so hard for.
                    I'm asking bc I took my poly in mid feb, got the NOPA around the middle of march and sent in my response a week or so later. I haven't gotten a response back either and I know I probably will never get one. I do call IA sporadically and all I hear is my file is in the third and final review stage with the supervisor, Its been there since mid april. I was comparing my NOPA timeline to yours bc I'm grasping at whatever I can. I know everybody's process is different, I've even stated that myself. You just can't help but compare and hope.
                    It's been over 4 months I can only hope I got through the NOPA, but you can never be sure with CBP. You spoke about their timeframe for conducting the process, I don't remember seeing that, do you by off chance remember it? I'm hoping that if it took them till August to call you that possibly by October I could get the call. Ofcourse I know comparing your timeline to mine is just like looking into a magic 8 ball and asking it when I'll get the call, but hey it gives me something to look toward to haha. Thanks again for the response.
                    Last edited by Rms16; 08-15-2013, 10:52 PM.
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      Thanks for the detailed response. It is very helpful. I did my due diligence when I wrote my response and I feel I responded to everything they stated needed to be addressed. As well as looking into what the guidelines for unsuitability were. I was not going to let a lack of research and a hastily written response ruin my chances of getting what I've worked so hard for.
                      I'm asking bc I took my poly in mid feb, got the NOPA around the middle of march and sent in my response a week or so later. I haven't gotten a response back either and I know I probably will never get one. I do call IA sporadically and all I hear is my file is in the third and final review stage with the supervisor, Its been there since mid april. I was comparing my NOPA timeline to yours bc I'm grasping at whatever I can. I know everybody's process is different, I've even stated that myself. You just can't help but compare and hope.
                      It's been over 4 months I can only hope I got through the NOPA, but you can never be sure with CBP. You spoke about their timeframe for conducting the process, I don't remember seeing that, do you by off chance remember it? I'm hoping that if it took them till August to call you that possibly by October I could get the call. Ofcourse I know comparing your timeline to mine is just like looking into a magic 8 ball and asking it when I'll get the call, but hey it gives me something to look toward to haha. Thanks again for the response.
                      My file sat so long in that final stage that my BI expired and they ordered a new one... Don't look at someone else's timeline as with everything else in this process it's all relative and it varies a lot. My first BI took over two years and never got cleared. Second one was cleared in about 6 months if not more, no NOPA on the second one.
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        My file sat so long in that final stage that my BI expired and they ordered a new one... Don't look at someone else's timeline as with everything else in this process it's all relative and it varies a lot. My first BI took over two years and never got cleared. Second one was cleared in about 6 months if not more, no NOPA on the second one.
                        Thanks Yoda, I realize it's ridiculous to compare and I'm usually good at not. It's just sometimes you need something to look forward to. I remember first coming on to this forum and reading about your process. I even remember you posting you finally got the call (I wasn't posting myself on the site yet, just reading it). I was hoping not to have to wait as long as you and thinking I have a good chance of avoiding that bc I chose SWB. We can see how well that worked out for me haha. Why was it they started a second BI? Did something change in the way they conduct the BI that warranted it?
                        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Thanks Yoda, I realize it's ridiculous to compare and I'm usually good at not. It's just sometimes you need something to look forward to. I remember first coming on to this forum and reading about your process. I even remember you posting you finally got the call (I wasn't posting myself on the site yet, just reading it). I was hoping not to have to wait as long as you and thinking I have a good chance of avoiding that bc I chose SWB. We can see how well that worked out for me haha. Why was it they started a second BI? Did something change in the way they conduct the BI that warranted it?
                          My file sat for so long on a desk it expired... They had to order a new investigation. Same thing as if you had cleared it and 2 years later you'll have to do a new one all over again. Once you're on board it's every 5 years.
                          CBPO

Comment

My file sat for so long on a desk it expired... They had to order a new investigation. Same thing as if you had cleared it and 2 years later you'll have to do a new one all over again. Once you're on board it's every 5 years.
                            So than does that mean they will have to start a new one for me? It's been over two years now for me since I met the investigator.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

So than does that mean they will have to start a new one for me? It's been over two years now for me since I met the investigator.
                              If it keeps sitting on a desk as it has it might just expire. I contacted IA after a year had passed since I met mine, then a few months later I received my NOPA, then it simply sat there... I believe it was a year and a half after that when I received a call for a new BI. I did the POLY in Aug or Sep 2010 and I had met my BI Dec 2007. If I'm not mistaken I did my 2nd BI around Dec 2010, and got the call around June 2011... My 2nd go around I called IA and spoke with the person in charge and presented my experience/situation and my investigation was cleared 2 weeks later. My process had taken so long I was about to age out, at the time of my application the verbiage stated you had to be hired before your 37th birthday... Later on it changed to receiving the TSL before your 37th. Not quite sure what it says now.
                              In short that was my timeline with my BI process.
                              CBPO

Comment

TSP-start with the 5% or you'll be giving free money away... Starting out you should not do Roth since your check will be thinner, but once you make 12 you might want to change it... Better bennefit in the end.

Medical- go with what makes sense to you, look at all the options what they offer and how much you'll pay into it. Makes no sense to pay top dollar for something you rarely ever use. The best option is the one that makes sense for your particular situation, but you need to do a bit of homework and compare plans before picking.

Hope I helped a bit...
                                Thank you very much Yoda! I appreciate the response and the advice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2536 users online. 193 members and 2343 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X