300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
    Thanks for the insight Merlin. I don't think i could pass on it though because at the end of the day, CBP would allow me to provide a good life for my family which would mean more then anything.
    Your family and friends ought to mean more to you than work, IMO. If you're looking for happiness, fulfillment, and reward, cultivate it in your relationships outside of the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
      I dont think mine is a big deal I just need to get an opinion I dont want to post on here what exactly it says but I would appreciate some feedback if I could IM someone about it?
      PM me if you want.

On the other hand, why not share it with the board, especially if it's not 'a big deal'? Your misfortune is likely a learning experience for other applicants. You could be helping out numerous other applicants by sharing your tale.

Plus, you'd be getting multiple other viewpoints from people who have seen different things and been through varied experiences. There's a fair chance that somebody out there has past dealings with the very issue that's jamming you up today.

Comment

• Hey folks,

All green in CASS, again! Does anyone have a sense of how long has the wait in the TSU has been recently?

Comment

• double post But I posted the issue
          Last edited by Technikal89; 08-15-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            PM me if you want.

On the other hand, why not share it with the board, especially if it's not 'a big deal'? Your misfortune is likely a learning experience for other applicants. You could be helping out numerous other applicants by sharing your tale.

Plus, you'd be getting multiple other viewpoints from people who have seen different things and been through varied experiences. There's a fair chance that somebody out there has past dealings with the very issue that's jamming you up today.
            okay well my NOPA states that back in 2008 i received $50 for referring a friend to buy drugs from another friend....Now I dont recall such a situation I do know my record is clean ive never smoked or done any kind of drug ever in my life plus back around that time I applied for a job and they did a drug test to get hired... so i feel those two things could help me out but still I dont know if i have a decent chance of beating the NOPA or if i should even try
            Last edited by Technikal89; 08-15-2013, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
              66Pony, not to bombard you with questions, but around when did you receive your NOPA? Also when did you send in your response? I'm assuming you did not receive notice that you got through the NOPA, just all green in CASS or did you just get the call? Also you had to update the medical, but what about the pft1? When you updated the med was it just a recert or a second full med. I only ask bc I'm over two years for my med and wondering if at some point the recert is no longer an option and I would have to redo the whole thing. Not that I have a problem with that just time consuming. Sorry about the fifth degree haha.
              Where to start?! LOL
              around when did you receive your NOPA?
              I received my NOPA about a month after my poly.

Also when did you send in your response?
              In it they provide a timeline for responding. I simply followed that. it's just like when MHC sends you something and tells you that you have XX number of days to complete or provide info. They also provided me with the CFR references that they stand on. It is in your best interest to look them up and read them. They provide further info on guidelines for unsuitability and what must be taken into consideration for rebuttals. Not only your time frame for responding is outlined, but their time frame for conducting the process is given.

I'm assuming you did not receive notice that you got through the NOPA, just all green in CASS or did you just get the call?
              Actually I never received anything regarding my response. I knew they had a given number of days to handle it. Since I never received anything else from them I figured it was good. Then my CASS changed and said my BI was completed (IIRC). At that point I had all green checks, but no "referred to scheduling"! Next thing you know I got a call!

Also you had to update the medical, but what about the pft1?
              I only had to do the PFT1 at my "initial" physical.

When you updated the med was it just a recert or a second full med.
              My second update was a full physical but without the PFT1 (which has changed several times since I applied). My last "physical" several months ago was the self certification type where I just signed a document and returned it.

I think I got them all!
              Last edited by 66Pony; 08-15-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
                okay well my NOPA states that back in 2008 i received $50 for referring a friend to buy drugs from another friend....Now I dont recall such a situation I do know my record is clean ive never smoked or done any kind of drug ever in my life plus back around that time I applied for a job and they did a drug test to get hired... so i feel those two things could help me out but still I dont know if i have a decent chance of beating the NOPA or if i should even try
                They say honesty is the best policy, and it is but it can cause a few bumps in the road! I don't have my NOPA paperwork handy (it's buried in a stack of paperwork somewhere!), but go online and look up the CFR's they quote in your NOPA. IIRC those CFR's also refer to another, read it. It gives you the specific things IA must consider regarding any response you send. Make sure you complete it within the time frame they provided. I'd strongly suggest keeping the CFR up and refer to it when you type your response to insure you stay on track. If the unsuitability factor is exactly what you posted, and the time past since it occurred, I'd hazard a guess to say you have a pretty good chance. Good luck with it!

Comment

• Gotta get ready to hit the road now. I have to drive down to Glynco today for my PFT2 tomorrow morning. The last hurdle in the (looooong) road for me.

I'll probably catch a little flack from some folks for saying this but, the only thing I'm a little stressed about is the 1 1/2 mile. The other stuff is no problem. I pretty much know the comments about "well you had XX long to prepare". Yeah, I did, but in my job you work and take your down time. The younger guys use their down time to go to the gym etc... I use mine to, well, recuperate! Yes, I said younger guys (girls too...sorry ladies), I'm not as young as I used to be...and that's another factor! LOL I'll just give it everything I have!!

p.s. Although I've never posted it, in case anyone wonders about "not as young as I used to be"...I'm 51!

Comment

• [QUOTE=merlin436;3333219]PM me if you want.

Plus, you'd be getting multiple other viewpoints from people who have seen different things and been through varied experiences. There's a fair chance that somebody out there has past dealings with the very issue that's jamming you up today.[/QUOTE

If I didn't receive a NOPA does that mean I can't even do one? MHC was surprised when I told her I never received anything via certified mail? My situation is almost identical to technikal89. It before I even really new about the craze of Vicodin and someone had given me a 10 dollars for 3 pills because they needed pain meds and didn't have insurance. Sounds stupid I know but at the time I barely turned 21 and very ignorant on the matter of the severity of the situation. I told the agent that before the actual test because it bothered me knowing what I know now as more of a nature adult vs a younger one so that my conscience would be clean during the actual test.
                    CBPO SWB
                    Application: 3/28/12
                    Exam: 4/26/12
                    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                    TSL: 6/12/12
                    TSL2: 6/13/12
                    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                      They say honesty is the best policy, and it is but it can cause a few bumps in the road! I don't have my NOPA paperwork handy (it's buried in a stack of paperwork somewhere!), but go online and look up the CFR's they quote in your NOPA. IIRC those CFR's also refer to another, read it. It gives you the specific things IA must consider regarding any response you send. Make sure you complete it within the time frame they provided. I'd strongly suggest keeping the CFR up and refer to it when you type your response to insure you stay on track. If the unsuitability factor is exactly what you posted, and the time past since it occurred, I'd hazard a guess to say you have a pretty good chance. Good luck with it!
                      Once I have my response letter completed would you mind reviewing it I just want to be completely thorough

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                        Gotta get ready to hit the road now. I have to drive down to Glynco today for my PFT2 tomorrow morning. The last hurdle in the (looooong) road for me.

I'll probably catch a little flack from some folks for saying this but, the only thing I'm a little stressed about is the 1 1/2 mile. The other stuff is no problem. I pretty much know the comments about "well you had XX long to prepare". Yeah, I did, but in my job you work and take your down time. The younger guys use their down time to go to the gym etc... I use mine to, well, recuperate! Yes, I said younger guys (girls too...sorry ladies), I'm not as young as I used to be...and that's another factor! LOL I'll just give it everything I have!!

p.s. Although I've never posted it, in case anyone wonders about "not as young as I used to be"...I'm 51!
                        51?? That's it? Pffft...you're still wet behind the ears!

Good luck tomorrow!! I've been told this by Pointman and a few others...don't sweat the run too much because adrenaline will carry you a little faster on test day. However, for anyone reading this it does not mean you should under estimate the test!! What you put in is what you get out.

Comment

• Pretty sure it was January of 2012. I also had a 6 month medical hold due to me having to get Lasik. I will be going through all my stuff later and hopefully adding my timeline to my signature.
                          Test : Jul 2011
                          NOR: Aug 2011
                          Loc Change: Jan 2012
                          TSL: Feb 2012
                          E-Quip: Mar 2012
                          PFT 1 : Mar 2012
                          E Quip follow up: April 2012 (paperwork on my sister that was adopted from China)
                          Physical: April 2012
                          Lasik: May 2012 (placed on 6 month medical hold)
                          Polygraph: Feb 2013
                          BI: Mar 2013
                          DS delayed: April 2013(Daughter in Children's Hospital )
                          DS: Jun 2013
                          LOA: Jul 2013
                          PFT2: Aug 13 2012
                          EOD: Sept 9 2013
                          FLETC: Oct 15 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                            my FLETC is oct 15 too.
                            Awesome I will see you there.
                            E Quip follow up: April 2012 (paperwork on my sister that was adopted from China)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                              Congrats smudge that's great! Not that it matters now, but you can add your timeline in your signature. How many people did you take the pft2 with? Did anybody fail?
                              Thanks for the heads up.
                              There were probably about 20+ of us there some for CBPO some for Border Patrol. All the test proctors were Border patrol guys. Two or three guys could not test because of blood pressure or heart rate issues. One guy failed the push ups. He was a CBPO guy and said it was his second time testing. I felt bad for one of the guys who wasn't allowed to test because he drove 5+ hours and spent the night at a hotel and wasn't even allowed to test.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMUDGE07 View Post
                                Awesome I will see you there.
                                email me.

[email protected] dot com
                                tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                                NOR-11/11
                                TSL- 11/17/11
                                pft1- 12/8/11
                                Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                                Qual- completed 3/12
                                Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                                S I-completed 3/12
                                Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                                Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                                Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                                Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                                new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10189 users online. 405 members and 9784 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X