300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
    How does one receive a NOPA, apparently I was unsuitable due to my polygraph (which I was under the impression I was good) but never received a letter in the mail, just an email stating I was unsuitable. Anyone who has gone thru the same process please help! I'm not giving up that quickly
    You can receive a NOPA by email. The email would mention that it is a NOPA somewhere though. Yoda is right it would give you a timeline to respond and a reason for the notice of proposed action. Although if it says you failed the poly than I'm sorry but I think there is no coming back from that. They are pretty firm on the poly. I know it is a terrible fate and I'm sorry twink.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Thank you for the response. I guess being completely honest, truthful, and volunteering information that I felt was necessary caused me to become unsuitable. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't volunteer the information, would I have passed the poly. Oh well, it is what it is. Does this mean I am never allowed to apply or will I get an opportunity after an x amount of years? Good luck to everyone else, I'm going to take this experience with a grain of salt. I would have been a great asset to CPB, but everything happens for a reason.

Hi Twink

If it was the polygraph that you failed, it means that they found you to be untruthful. If it was because of some responses you gave MHC would find you unsuitable. If you received a NOPA you would receive it by certified mail.

Good luck and don't give up!!!

Comment

Thank you for the response. I guess being completely honest, truthful, and volunteering information that I felt was necessary caused me to become unsuitable. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't volunteer the information, would I have passed the poly. Oh well, it is what it is. Does this mean I am never allowed to apply or will I get an opportunity after an x amount of years? Good luck to everyone else, I'm going to take this experience with a grain of salt. I would have been a great asset to CPB, but everything happens for a reason.
        This really saddens me. I know we can't all make it to the finish line because that is not the dichotomy of this process, but I wish it were. I really feel for you...try to use this as motivation to continue your pursuits...if Law Enforcement is what you ultimately would like to do.

Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up! May God help you to find your true path. All my very best to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by edsonger5 View Post
          Hi Twink

If it was the polygraph that you failed, it means that they found you to be untruthful. If it was because of some responses you gave MHC would find you unsuitable. If you received a NOPA you would receive it by certified mail.

Good luck and don't give up!!!
          Not to jump on you or anything, but certified mail is not the only way to receive a NOPA.
          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
            This really saddens me. I know we can't all make it to the finish line because that is not the dichotomy of this process, but I wish it were. I really feel for you...try to use this as motivation to continue your pursuits...if Law Enforcement is what you ultimately would like to do.

Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up! May God help you to find your true path. All my very best to you.
            Couldn't agree with Stoneface more. If you really want a career in law enforcement than don't let this be then end. Take as many exams as you can find. Don't be like me and wait a few years before you come to that conclusion.
            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by SMUDGE07 View Post
              Sorry not sure how everyone has their stuffed lined up underneath the profile but I just took and passed the PFT 2 for CBPO yesterday my EOD date is Sept 9 and I am headed to NM. Start FLETC Oct 15 anybody here in my class?

my FLETC is oct 15 too.
              tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
              NOR-11/11
              TSL- 11/17/11
              pft1- 12/8/11
              Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
              Qual- completed 3/12
              Medical Ex- completed 4/12
              S I-completed 3/12
              Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
              Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
              Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
              Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
              new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Twink in your NOPA letter they should have outlined the area that they were finding you unsuitable for, e.g. answers during your pre-poly interview, the poly results themselves, etc.. If it is the poly results, unfortunately I'd agree with the others that it's kind of a done deal. If it's anything else regarding the poly (or heck, even the poly!), I'd urge following the process outlined in the NOPA to respond. There are two things that can happen. They can either let the decision stand or they can reverse it...period! If you elect not to respond and just let it ride, well then there's only one thing...it stands. The choice is up to you, go for the one possibility (which currently exists for you), or double those possibilities! I received a NOPA from my poly. It was regarding some responses given during the pre-poly interview and they were recommending unsuitability. I responded to the NOPA as outlined in the letter. I am scheduled to EOD in a few weeks. Your choice...good luck!

Comment

• 66Pony, not to bombard you with questions, but around when did you receive your NOPA? Also when did you send in your response? I'm assuming you did not receive notice that you got through the NOPA, just all green in CASS or did you just get the call? Also you had to update the medical, but what about the pft1? When you updated the med was it just a recert or a second full med. I only ask bc I'm over two years for my med and wondering if at some point the recert is no longer an option and I would have to redo the whole thing. Not that I have a problem with that just time consuming. Sorry about the fifth degree haha.
                  List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by 66Pony View Post
                    Twink in your NOPA letter they should have outlined the area that they were finding you unsuitable for, e.g. answers during your pre-poly interview, the poly results themselves, etc.. If it is the poly results, unfortunately I'd agree with the others that it's kind of a done deal. If it's anything else regarding the poly (or heck, even the poly!), I'd urge following the process outlined in the NOPA to respond. There are two things that can happen. They can either let the decision stand or they can reverse it...period! If you elect not to respond and just let it ride, well then there's only one thing...it stands. The choice is up to you, go for the one possibility (which currently exists for you), or double those possibilities! I received a NOPA from my poly. It was regarding some responses given during the pre-poly interview and they were recommending unsuitability. I responded to the NOPA as outlined in the letter. I am scheduled to EOD in a few weeks. Your choice...good luck!
                    The last I got from MHC was that in fact they did find me unsuitable during the printer ire portion. However, she was surprised when I told her I never got any certified mail, just an email with no explanation of why I was unsuitable. I tried calling back again because after reading pass posts ppl have all received some form of email/mail about the polygraph. I know everyone is different. It's very confusing how they go about doing things and I'm faulting myself for taking t for granted that after 10 months from taking the polygraph, I assumed I passed...
                    CBPO SWB
                    Application: 3/28/12
                    Exam: 4/26/12
                    NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                    TSL: 6/12/12
                    TSL2: 6/13/12
                    Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                    Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                    PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                    Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                    PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                    Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                    VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                    Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                    Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                    Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12

"To switch, or not to switch"

Comment

• Originally posted by SMUDGE07 View Post
                      Sorry not sure how everyone has their stuffed lined up underneath the profile but I just took and passed the PFT 2 for CBPO yesterday my EOD date is Sept 9 and I am headed to NM. Start FLETC Oct 15 anybody here in my class?
                      Congrats smudge that's great! Not that it matters now, but you can add your timeline in your signature. How many people did you take the pft2 with? Did anybody fail?
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• I take the test tomorrow. Good luck to all of you who are testing tomorrow as well.

Comment

• I received a NOPA today I feel like crap could someone help me out I don't even know where to start

Comment

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
                            I received a NOPA today I feel like crap could someone help me out I don't even know where to start
                            NOPA's suck, but they are beatable just ask 66pony. Plenty have gotten over this hurdle. I'm sure somebody here has the link, but if not just google NOPA and you will find templates to use to respond. You could also go through the pages of this forum, the link has been posted here several times. Good luck
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Most NOPAs are beatable, if I had to guess.

Your best online resource for understanding and fighting NOPAs is probably:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/nav...g=borderpatrol

Delphi forums are a great resource overall. If you ask me, a paid membership is well worth the money. Tons of useful posts lie within the CBPO, BPA, IEA, and other boards.

Comment

• I dont think mine is a big deal I just need to get an opinion I dont want to post on here what exactly it says but I would appreciate some feedback if I could IM someone about it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8166 users online. 220 members and 7946 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X