Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin thank you I'm off tomorrow I will stop in there thanks again say I was lucky and got in the SWB is it possible to transfer to the nE at all? And if possible about how much seniority would you have to have to get back up here?

Comment

• Finally getting to respond. I've been running around preparing for my first day tomorrow. I'm here in Brownsville, TX and must say that it's not that bad out here. It's actually pretty busy. Tomorrow begins the first day of a bright career and the birth of my son happened yesterday while I was on a plane to Texas :/ even though it really sucks in the Lon run I will be able to provide for him and that's most important to me!

On another note, it's about time Stoneface broke the news!!! lol, I'm so excited for her and all of you guys who got the call recently. Congrats!!! Very very happy for everybody. Out of all of the process we've gone through we certainly deserve a little reward, lol. Thanks CBP, lol.
      Geo:SWB
      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
      TSU: 3/28/13
      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
        Finally getting to respond. I've been running around preparing for my first day tomorrow. I'm here in Brownsville, TX and must say that it's not that bad out here. It's actually pretty busy. Tomorrow begins the first day of a bright career and the birth of my son happened yesterday while I was on a plane to Texas :/ even though it really sucks in the Lon run I will be able to provide for him and that's most important to me!

On another note, it's about time Stoneface broke the news!!! lol, I'm so excited for her and all of you guys who got the call recently. Congrats!!! Very very happy for everybody. Out of all of the process we've gone through we certainly deserve a little reward, lol. Thanks CBP, lol.
        Congratulations!!! And good luck tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
          Finally getting to respond. I've been running around preparing for my first day tomorrow. I'm here in Brownsville, TX and must say that it's not that bad out here. It's actually pretty busy. Tomorrow begins the first day of a bright career and the birth of my son happened yesterday while I was on a plane to Texas :/ even though it really sucks in the Lon run I will be able to provide for him and that's most important to me!

Thank you and congratulations again!! Such a bitter sweet moment, but you are right...this is an investment for your family's future. Junior has a great Pop looking out for him!

All the best tomorrow. I can't wait to hear about your first day! By the way, I agree 100% with you and Train27...although CBP says business casual, wearing a suit is definitely the way to go until we are told otherwise. As cliche as it sounds, first impressions do last.

Comment

• For those wondering about wearing a suit to to pre academy, don't. Pre academy is much more casual than you think it is. At least in El Paso it was. I understand making that first impression, but really it doesn't matter. A polo and some khakis is more than enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68WCBP View Post
              For those wondering about wearing a suit to to pre academy, don't. Pre academy is much more casual than you think it is. At least in El Paso it was. I understand making that first impression, but really it doesn't matter. A polo and some khakis is more than enough.
              I tend to disagree. While Pre-academy activities can be casual, the first impression is still there and it very much matters.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
                How do you like it working up northeast for CBP? I'm asking because I'm from Buffalo and my ultimate goal would be working there for family reasons. I know it's not the southwest border but do some ports still get a lot of action?

That probably depends on how one defines 'a lot of action'. Buffalo, Detroit and Blaine, Washington probably see the most 'action' of any Canadian border port.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishman585 View Post
                  Merlin thank you I'm off tomorrow I will stop in there thanks again say I was lucky and got in the SWB is it possible to transfer to the nE at all? And if possible about how much seniority would you have to have to get back up here?
                  It depends.

How easy and how long it takes to transfer is going to be very much situationally dependent. 2-7 years is probably a good starting point, probably longer if you're finicky and you limit yourself to smaller ports like Rochester, Syracuse, and Albany.

Eventually, I think you'd get back...especially if you broaden your 'wish-list' to places like Champlain, Massena, A-Bay and Buffalo.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    That probably depends on how one defines 'a lot of action'. Buffalo, Detroit and Blaine, Washington probably see the most 'action' of any Canadian border port.
                    That's good news to me. I have to ask are you happy with you choice of CBP? or do you think you would've been happier going with a different agency within the state? I know CBP pays well but do you honestly enjoy working for them?

Comment

• Went to my
                      Last edited by gijoeavila; 05-10-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• Are CBP Officer 6c covered?

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
                          Are CBP Officer 6c covered?
                          Not the traditional 6c coverage that you are thinking of, however the it is almost identical with some minor differences.

FB

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
                            Not the traditional 6c coverage that you are thinking of, however the it is almost identical with some minor differences.

FB
                            Please explain...
                            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                              Please explain...
                              They aren't GL Pay grades. They are GS. Unless you are already in FERS and they match your pay it's a lot less money. Until gs 11 that is. GL only goes to 10 then flips to gs on the payscale.

Comment

• Does anyone know if your polygraph location has anything to do with where you will be stationed?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13763 users online. 394 members and 13369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X