300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
    Sorry for the DP (don't know why I can't edit my posts), but I forgot another question:

How many questions are on each section, and do you have to stay for the 5 hours or can you finish early?

Thanks
    It will take all 5 hours.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• just when I thought that the process had stopped. I just got called to schedule an polygraph. excited and scared at the same time

Comment

• Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        Sorry for the DP (don't know why I can't edit my posts), but I forgot another question:

How many questions are on each section, and do you have to stay for the 5 hours or can you finish early?

Thanks
        I don't remember the number of questions in each section but there were a lot of them. when I took the test, different sections were timed. we had to stay the five hrs..

Comment

• Originally posted by mrs. officer View Post
          just when I thought that the process had stopped. I just got called to schedule an polygraph. excited and scared at the same time
          Good for you! Just be honest and be confident in yourself, don't let them intimidate you, they like to play games to break you down. No matter what they say, as long as you are confident in your responses, you will have no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
            I wish I had an answer.. That was what I was hoping to find out when I called TSU but they had no word of any academies after Oct 30th. Considering I have not heard of anyone with Sep 12 TSL's in the Oct 30th class, we can assume they have filled that last class and won't call us until next Jan. We can HOPE however that they have just started filling the Oct 30 class and will be calling us in the next week.... We can dream right??
            Have you received a TSL for your BPA application yet? The last communication I received from them was my NOR. As for CBPO you definitely seem to have a better connection with the hiring department than I do. Mind if I ask what Phone # you've been using to get a hold of them. Fingers crossed our calls come soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by nmf482002 View Post
              First time poster. I have my pft2 next friday in san diego. Feeling pretty confident however still nervous. How long does the test take? And my eod is 09/03/2013 lax. Fletc 10/02/2013. Anyone else going to lax?
              Well it depends on how many other's you're testing with. I would say an average of 3 hours is standard. The more people that are there the longer it takes since all the fitness tests except the 1.5 mile run are done on an individual turn-by-turn basis. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by nmf482002 View Post
                First time poster. I have my pft2 next friday in san diego. Feeling pretty confident however still nervous. How long does the test take? And my eod is 09/03/2013 lax. Fletc 10/02/2013. Anyone else going to lax?
                Good luck with your PFT2. Mine is also next Friday, at Glynco though. Hopefully...see you there on 10/03 (yes, same class also!).

Comment

• Pointman and EASF, you were both correct...I was next! Keep cleaning those crystal balls!

I am delighted to let everyone know that I received The CALL earlier this week while on vacation (best vacation ever thanks to CBP lol), which I accepted and I am officially on my gun-lap!!

The following Ports were offered to me:

AZ: San Luis
                  CA: Calexico, San Ysidro
                  TX: Brownsville, Del Rio, Presidio, Eagle Pass, Hidalgo, Laredo, Roma and Rio Grande City

I chose San Ysidro. It was always my #1 choice after switching to the Southwest Border (although I would have gladly chosen any Port if SYS was not available). I am super thrilled it was on the list and over the moon happy that I am one step closer to starting a fantastic career with CBP.

Pending successful completion of my PFT2, I will EOD on September 16th. FLETC is October 23rd to March 7, 2014.

Pointman, although I did not pick Brownsville...my babysitting offer still stands when you and your family visit San Diego!

Rms16, I left San Luis for you, Buddy. You've got next!

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                    Pointman and EASF, you were both correct...I was next! Keep cleaning those crystal balls!

I am delighted to let everyone know that I received The CALL earlier this week while on vacation (best vacation ever thanks to CBP lol), which I accepted and I am officially on my gun-lap!!

TX: Brownsville, Del Rio, Presidio, Eagle Pass, Hidalgo, Laredo, Roma and Rio Grande City

I chose San Ysidro. It was always my #1 choice after switching to the Southwest Border (although I would have gladly chosen any Port if SYS was not available). I am super thrilled it was on the list and over the moon happy that I am one step closer to starting a fantastic career with CBP.

Pending successful completion of my PFT2, I will EOD on September 16th. FLETC is October 23rd to March 7, 2014.

Pointman, although I did not pick Brownsville...my babysitting offer still stands when you and your family visit San Diego!

See you in september! Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
                      Have you received a TSL for your BPA application yet? The last communication I received from them was my NOR. As for CBPO you definitely seem to have a better connection with the hiring department than I do. Mind if I ask what Phone # you've been using to get a hold of them. Fingers crossed our calls come soon!
                      I took my test in March and did not get my NOR until mid to late June. From what I understand Border Patrol is not doing an official TSL right now/anymore. I got my NOR and then shortly after got an email telling me I would have to complete an interview at some point. On that email was my Applicant ID #. The email did not say anything about the ID # nor CASS, so had I not already been in the CBPO process I would not have known I could check CASS. I logged in to CASS and found my Background and Drug test were already carried over and green.

Next I got an email (within a couple weeks of the first) asking me if I still wanted to do the interview and to respond "yes" or "no", which I did respond yes to. One week or so later I got my interview date for the end of Aug. There is rumor that they are not sending out official TSL's until after the interview, but really, no one knows for sure.
                      CBPO Timeline
                      Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                      TSL: 09/12/12
                      Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                      TSU: 4/22/13
                      PFT 2: 10/8/13
                      EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                      FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                      BPA Timeline
                      Test: 03/16/13
                      NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                      GEO Pref: South Texas
                      TSL1: 06/21/13
                      PFT1:
                      Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                      Med: 3/2013
                      Interview: 9/26/13
                      EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                      BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                      Poly: 3/19/13
                      Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• As for the number I call it is simply the number listed at the end of the applicant newsletters in CASS. I called the one for TSU academy scheduling. Honestly every time I have called a person answers. I have not had any issues getting in touch with them.
                        CBPO Timeline
                        Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                        TSL: 09/12/12
                        Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                        TSU: 4/22/13
                        PFT 2: 10/8/13
                        EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                        FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                        BPA Timeline
                        Test: 03/16/13
                        NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                        GEO Pref: South Texas
                        TSL1: 06/21/13
                        PFT1:
                        Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                        Med: 3/2013
                        Interview: 9/26/13
                        EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                        BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                        Poly: 3/19/13
                        Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                          Pointman and EASF, you were both correct...I was next! Keep cleaning those crystal balls!

That is AWESOME NEWS!!!! Congrats Stoneface! So happy for you! Hopefully they call me soon so I can get what you left for me haha. I'm sure though it will be months if not next year before I get a call. Just seems to be the way my process is going. I think they like making me wait haha.
                          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                          Score:9X.XX%
                          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I understand this process takes a couple of years I am currently a LEO in Upstate NY and was curious of what the job entails i have read back a couple of pages i am taking the exam next week on the 15th in buffalo. I am very interested in Becoming a Federal LEO that is what my goal has always been so i was wondering if anyone could give me a brief description of the main duties of a CBP officer i understand they allow entry into the us at borders but what else and how many normally on per shift? also i selected SWB for my geo preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishman585 View Post
                              I understand this process takes a couple of years I am currently a LEO in Upstate NY and was curious of what the job entails i have read back a couple of pages i am taking the exam next week on the 15th in buffalo. I am very interested in Becoming a Federal LEO that is what my goal has always been so i was wondering if anyone could give me a brief description of the main duties of a CBP officer i understand they allow entry into the us at borders but what else and how many normally on per shift? also i selected SWB for my geo preference.
                              NatGeo has a show called Border Wars during the week, watch it and it'll give you an idea of what to expect at the border.... Basically seizing crazy amounts of drugs and money... A few impostors and lots letting people into the country.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Wait. Please tell me I'm reading this wrong: You must complete SEVENTEEN push ups in one minute? Good lord I can do that many with one arm. For some reason I always thought it was 60 in two minutes.
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10679 users online. 361 members and 10318 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X