Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I might just leave out the suit jacket

Comment

• Go all out and stand out. Wear a White tuxedo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
        Hey ncls12 you and I have the same TSL date. Considering IrvingAg13 was Aug 12 I went ahead and called TSU to ask if there would be any academies scheduled for Nov or Dec. The man I talked to said that the Oct 30 class was the last one for FY13. As for FY14 there were no classes scheduled yet, and he had no word on any either. Since Sep 12 TSL's should be next to get the call for the SWB it looks like we may not get that call until Jan 14 or later. Unless of course between now and Oct they approve an academy schedule for Nov-Dec.

Fingers crossed!
        Hey Amac I have a quick question for you so for the people that received a TSL on Sept 12th will they receive a offer before Oct. 30th or on Oct 30th sorry to bother its just thats whey I received my TSL and I wanted to know I been waiting for my background Investigation to clear so it should be any day now and Im done and I was curious to know once I read your comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
          Amac,

Your BPA timeline is fast, did you test before? I haven't heard anything yet after my NOR.
          No I didn't test before. I was done with the CBPO process when I applied for BPA. Most of the steps carry over, so some of my BPA steps are dated before I even tested. I actually had a date for the interview but had to change locations so now it has to be rescheduled.

When did you test?
          CBPO Timeline
          Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
          TSL: 09/12/12
          Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
          TSU: 4/22/13
          PFT 2: 10/8/13
          EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
          FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
          BPA Timeline
          Test: 03/16/13
          NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
          GEO Pref: South Texas
          TSL1: 06/21/13
          PFT1:
          Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
          Med: 3/2013
          Interview: 9/26/13
          EQUIP: 9/24/2012
          BI Investigator: 4/2/13
          Poly: 3/19/13
          Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• I highly recommend a suit and tie.
            Business casual is fine, but suit and tie just looks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
              Hey Amac I have a quick question for you so for the people that received a TSL on Sept 12th will they receive a offer before Oct. 30th or on Oct 30th sorry to bother its just thats whey I received my TSL and I wanted to know I been waiting for my background Investigation to clear so it should be any day now and Im done and I was curious to know once I read your comment.
              I wish I had an answer.. That was what I was hoping to find out when I called TSU but they had no word of any academies after Oct 30th. Considering I have not heard of anyone with Sep 12 TSL's in the Oct 30th class, we can assume they have filled that last class and won't call us until next Jan. We can HOPE however that they have just started filling the Oct 30 class and will be calling us in the next week.... We can dream right??
              CBPO Timeline
              Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
              TSL: 09/12/12
              Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
              TSU: 4/22/13
              PFT 2: 10/8/13
              EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
              FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
              BPA Timeline
              Test: 03/16/13
              NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
              GEO Pref: South Texas
              TSL1: 06/21/13
              PFT1:
              Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
              Med: 3/2013
              Interview: 9/26/13
              EQUIP: 9/24/2012
              BI Investigator: 4/2/13
              Poly: 3/19/13
              Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Amac View Post
                I wish I had an answer.. That was what I was hoping to find out when I called TSU but they had no word of any academies after Oct 30th. Considering I have not heard of anyone with Sep 12 TSL's in the Oct 30th class, we can assume they have filled that last class and won't call us until next Jan. We can HOPE however that they have just started filling the Oct 30 class and will be calling us in the next week.... We can dream right??
                I have almost an identical timeline as ncls12, same test date, same TSL, medical PFT1, and Medical except my BI was done on 5/17/2013 and it hasnt cleared and the investigator told me mine would clear in 2 months since my background check took 4 days to get done since i didnt have anything that seemed like it would delay it.... but like you said we can hope and just wait....

Comment

I have almost an identical timeline as ncls12, same test date, same TSL, medical PFT1, and Medical except my BI was done on 5/17/2013 and it hasnt cleared and the investigator told me mine would clear in 2 months since my background check took 4 days to get done since i didnt have anything that seemed like it would delay it.... but like you said we can hope and just wait....
                  The BI is unpredictable, sorry to say just bc the investigator said it would be quick doesn't necessarily mean it will be. I hope for you sake he is right, but the investigators themselves don't know much about you BI past collecting all your info. What really eats up time is getting assigned and getting cleared by your adjudicator. Then after that it has to be approved by a supervisor who handles all 40 or so adjudicators. Things get a little bottlenecked when it reaches him. That's what I learned from my process and from speaking with IA. Everybody's process is different maybe yours will clear quicker, but it's best to not assume it will.
                  NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                  Score:9X.XX%
                  List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                    The BI is unpredictable, sorry to say just bc the investigator said it would be quick doesn't necessarily mean it will be. I hope for you sake he is right, but the investigators themselves don't know much about you BI past collecting all your info. What really eats up time is getting assigned and getting cleared by your adjudicator. Then after that it has to be approved by a supervisor who handles all 40 or so adjudicators. Things get a little bottlenecked when it reaches him. That's what I learned from my process and from speaking with IA. Everybody's process is different maybe yours will clear quicker, but it's best to not assume it will.

yea I'ved noticed this whole process has been a little unpredictable and it looks like its all over the place for everyone there really isn't a set guide on how the steps are followed but I mean thats what makes it interesting in a way and makes you want the job that much more... In the end just completing the whole process is an accomplishment and a test of your patience... this forum helps keep things in perspective and it makes you realize that your not the only one it keeps you sane in a way

Comment

yea I'ved noticed this whole process has been a little unpredictable and it looks like its all over the place for everyone there really isn't a set guide on how the steps are followed but I mean thats what makes it interesting in a way and makes you want the job that much more... In the end just completing the whole process is an accomplishment and a test of your patience... this forum helps keep things in perspective and it makes you realize that your not the only one it keeps you sane in a way
                      I must have tremendous amount of patience then haha. This forum keeps you sane yes, but it also drives you nuts. It gets to be a little difficult seeing people that tested a year after you getting the call. Don't get me wrong I truly am happy for them, bc anybody that reaches the end deserves all the rewards. I just hope soon enough I get to get that elusive call. Best advice I can give you is to stop waiting for the call. Worse thing you can do is have a set time frame in your head of when the call will come or your BI will clear. It almost never comes when you want or expect it to come.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        I must have tremendous amount of patience then haha. This forum keeps you sane yes, but it also drives you nuts. It gets to be a little difficult seeing people that tested a year after you getting the call. Don't get me wrong I truly am happy for them, bc anybody that reaches the end deserves all the rewards. I just hope soon enough I get to get that elusive call. Best advice I can give you is to stop waiting for the call. Worse thing you can do is have a set time frame in your head of when the call will come or your BI will clear. It almost never comes when you want or expect it to come.
                        Yea I can wait I'm not to desperate I got a pretty good job right now I'm probably getting paid more then wait ill get starting out so I'm in no rush but it is frustrating your situation but don't worry your call will come

Comment

• First time poster. I have my pft2 next friday in san diego. Feeling pretty confident however still nervous. How long does the test take? And my eod is 09/03/2013 lax. Fletc 10/02/2013. Anyone else going to lax?

Comment

• Originally posted by Train27 View Post
                            I highly recommend a suit and tie.
                            Business casual is fine, but suit and tie just looks better.
                            It might look better...but you also might look like you're trying too hard...why wear a suit and tie when everyone who already works at the port is wearing BDU's or class 3's (the equivelent to business casual) on the southern border? You might not want to stand out on your first day. Just my .02 cents.

If you're in an airport or the nothern border it might be different.

Comment

• Found out my test date. It's still in Orlando, which is a good.

I've printed out both study guides, and to be honest, did anyone not study the logical reasoning section? A lot of it just seems like common sense, and it's easy to go through process of elimination. Now the math section I will be studying.
                              CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                              02/28/14-TSL Received
                              03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                              07/01/14-VBT/SI
                              07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                              07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Sorry for the DP (don't know why I can't edit my posts), but I forgot another question:

How many questions are on each section, and do you have to stay for the 5 hours or can you finish early?

Thanks
                                CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                                02/28/14-TSL Received
                                03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                                07/01/14-VBT/SI
                                07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                                07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10725 users online. 238 members and 10487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X