Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I got "the call" a couple of hours ago y'all I was offered the following POEs:

San Luis, AZ
    Calexico, CA
    San Ysidro, CA
    Brownsville, TX
    Del Rio, TX
    Presidio, TX
    Eagle Pass, TX
    Hidalgo, TX
    Laredo, TX
    Roma, TX
    Rio Grande City, TX

I accepted the offer; I chose to scoot on down from Dallas and accept Brownsville, TX. I EOD September 16th (pending PFT 2 of course). I believe I misheard the guy on the phone regarding FLETC lol... he either said Oct. 3rd or Oct. 30th. I'll call tomorrow and find out.

I'm very happy at the moment. Anyways, I've really appreciated using this forum for guidance and help... there's some great people on here. Best of luck to the rest of you in this process... as everybody else says, just be patient with it.
    NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
    TSL1: 8/14/2012
    TSL2: 8/16/2012
    PFT1: 9/17/2012
    Poly: 11/14/2012
    Drug Test: 12/7/2012
    BI: cleared 12/2012
    Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
    TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
    EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• congrats and good luck.
      Geo: FL- U.S. Carib
      CBPO Exam: 03/26/12
      NOR: 97% w/ 5 vet 4/12
      Med/PFT1: Passed 6/12
      VBT/SI: Passed 11/12
      Poly: Passed 2/13
      Quals: 6/13
      BI: 6/13
      Drug Test: 7/13
      TSU: 7/31/2013
      PFT2: Passed 9/25/2013
      EOD: 11/4/2013 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
      FLETC: Class 341

Comment

• Any senior officers monitoring this forum know if they will continue to schedule academies through Nov and Dec? I have heard mixed things, some say they will stop after Oct and pick back up in Jan-Feb. each year. Is there some truth to this?

Glad you got the call IrvingAg13, your Aug 2012 TSL means some of us are getting close!
        CBPO Timeline
        Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
        TSL: 09/12/12
        Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
        TSU: 4/22/13
        PFT 2: 10/8/13
        EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
        FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
        BPA Timeline
        Test: 03/16/13
        NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
        GEO Pref: South Texas
        TSL1: 06/21/13
        PFT1:
        Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
        Med: 3/2013
        Interview: 9/26/13
        EQUIP: 9/24/2012
        BI Investigator: 4/2/13
        Poly: 3/19/13
        Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
          Well, I got "the call" a couple of hours ago y'all I was offered the following POEs:

San Luis, AZ
          Calexico, CA
          San Ysidro, CA
          Brownsville, TX
          Del Rio, TX
          Presidio, TX
          Eagle Pass, TX
          Hidalgo, TX
          Laredo, TX
          Roma, TX
          Rio Grande City, TX

I accepted the offer; I chose to scoot on down from Dallas and accept Brownsville, TX. I EOD September 16th (pending PFT 2 of course). I believe I misheard the guy on the phone regarding FLETC lol... he either said Oct. 3rd or Oct. 30th. I'll call tomorrow and find out.

I'm very happy at the moment. Anyways, I've really appreciated using this forum for guidance and help... there's some great people on here. Best of luck to the rest of you in this process... as everybody else says, just be patient with it.
          Congrats from your fellow future co-worker!
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Blue Sky thanks for the insight I was definitely taking the nationwide hiring for granted but not anymore lol Unfortunately, I have to work my *** off to get great grades on tests but if I set time aside for it, I can do it. So, if I get chosen for another region I can't change it right? I can only change the region from the one I've chosen to whatever... Correct?

Congrats IrvingAg13 .. Please come back once in a while to enlighten the rest of us with your information, this time from the inside
            PAPD
            Tested: 5/18/13
            Qualified

NYSP
            Tested: 10/13
            List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
            Tested: 11/16/13
            Eligible

PWCPD
            Tested: 2/3/14
            PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
            Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
            Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli Manning View Post
              Thanks man, i appreciate your help.
              Here's a good math video refresher site that I been using to study for the math section of the CBP exam.

patrickjmt.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli Manning View Post
                Hi guys, i have a quick question. I applied to this position (still haven't taken the test or received a test date) and when i applied, i applied under the 3 year general experience requirement as opposed to a college degree or specialized experience.

Only problem is, i don't have 3 years of general experience, i have about 2 years at this point. I still applied though because i figured that by the time i get called i'll have the 3 year general experience requirement. Is this logical thinking or was i supposed to have the 3 year gen exp requirement BEFORE taking the test?

Thanks in advance for your response.

I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question but i'm just a little confused. Thanks ALOT!

If you can't come up with 3 years of general experience by the date the announcement you applied under closed, you're probably finished.

How old are you and how limited are your life/work/general experiences?

Most people ought to be able to come up with 3 years of "general" experience...especially if you employ some ingenuity, inventiveness and wordsmithery.

Comment

Well, I got "the call" a couple of hours ago y'all I was offered the following POEs:

San Luis, AZ
                  Calexico, CA
                  San Ysidro, CA
                  Brownsville, TX
                  Del Rio, TX
                  Presidio, TX
                  Eagle Pass, TX
                  Hidalgo, TX
                  Laredo, TX
                  Roma, TX
                  Rio Grande City, TX

Congrats!!!!! Glad to see people in the job announcement I applied to get the call. Best of luck to you at FLETC!
                  "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

San Luis, AZ
                    Calexico, CA
                    San Ysidro, CA
                    Brownsville, TX
                    Del Rio, TX
                    Presidio, TX
                    Eagle Pass, TX
                    Hidalgo, TX
                    Laredo, TX
                    Roma, TX
                    Rio Grande City, TX

That's awesome Irving Congratulations!! Looks like they have POEs on the SWB that could use some officers. Just so happens this forum is full of individuals more than willing to fill those positions haha. Mind if I ask what vacancy ID# you applied under?

Comment

• Out of curiousity, for 1st day of preacademy, anyone wearing a suit jacket or just shirt tie and slacks without suit jacket? I'm still debating

Comment

• Originally posted by ncls12 View Post
                        That's awesome Irving Congratulations!! Looks like they have POEs on the SWB that could use some officers. Just so happens this forum is full of individuals more than willing to fill those positions haha. Mind if I ask what vacancy ID# you applied under?
                        Hey ncls12 you and I have the same TSL date. Considering IrvingAg13 was Aug 12 I went ahead and called TSU to ask if there would be any academies scheduled for Nov or Dec. The man I talked to said that the Oct 30 class was the last one for FY13. As for FY14 there were no classes scheduled yet, and he had no word on any either. Since Sep 12 TSL's should be next to get the call for the SWB it looks like we may not get that call until Jan 14 or later. Unless of course between now and Oct they approve an academy schedule for Nov-Dec.

Fingers crossed!
                        CBPO Timeline
                        Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                        TSL: 09/12/12
                        Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                        TSU: 4/22/13
                        PFT 2: 10/8/13
                        EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                        FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                        BPA Timeline
                        Test: 03/16/13
                        NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                        GEO Pref: South Texas
                        TSL1: 06/21/13
                        PFT1:
                        Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                        Med: 3/2013
                        Interview: 9/26/13
                        EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                        BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                        Poly: 3/19/13
                        Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Originally posted by gnj99 View Post
                          Out of curiousity, for 1st day of preacademy, anyone wearing a suit jacket or just shirt tie and slacks without suit jacket? I'm still debating
                          I would highly suggest a suit. You'll be sworn in the very first day you start. I'm wearing a suit and waiting for my supervisor to tell me to change, lol. You meet your port director the first day also, you don't want to start off on the wrong foot because you're improperly deressed. You can only get in trouble if you under dress at work, not over dress, lol.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                          TSU: 3/28/13
                          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by gnj99 View Post
                            Out of curiousity, for 1st day of preacademy, anyone wearing a suit jacket or just shirt tie and slacks without suit jacket? I'm still debating
                            Only one of us wore a suit jacket when I went to pre-academy last year...It's not required at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by 11BodyBag View Post
                              Only one of us wore a suit jacket when I went to pre-academy last year...It's not required at all.
                              I heard the same thing. I was told Business Casual at most

Comment

• Amac,

Your BPA timeline is fast, did you test before? I haven't heard anything yet after my NOR.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4978 users online. 326 members and 4652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X