X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Technikal89 View Post
    NOPAs sent to applicants from Internal Affairs, not the Hiring Center...‏

...... EDIT......

thats exactly what i received i didnt receive any attachments or anything I'm lost is this a NOPA? I'm a little confused I called the number and I still haven't received a call back
    If this is what you received (and it was only a one page letter), then no, it is NOT a NOPA. A NOPA will outline the reasons/problems/issues they have with anything they have in your BI/Poly. Also attached should be several additional pages citing CFR and response procedures. It should also include a response deadline. Been there, done that, survived through it!

That just sounds like a form letter to address potential delays with processing your BI. Good luck!

Comment

• I see. It did go by fast, now I just sit and wait. I wasn't so crazy about having to move across the country, but ready for a change and get into a real career. It looks like for the southwest they are calling applicants with their TSL in July, so I still have some time.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

• I still have to wonder how closely stacked are the classes at Fletc.

A new wave coming in weekly?
        tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
        NOR-11/11
        TSL- 11/17/11
        pft1- 12/8/11
        Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
        Qual- completed 3/12
        Medical Ex- completed 4/12
        S I-completed 3/12
        Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
        Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
        Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
        Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
        new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• thanks alot Pony I was a little worried I mean it didn't have an explanation... everything on there had already been communicated to me I knew it would be a while I just had my background investigation done by someone from Homeland Security back on the 17th of May so I hadn't received any news since then and I was a little lost but I guess thats how this whole process goes

Comment

• So while I've been waiting, I've gotten involved in a couple different at-home exercise routines. I just wanted to post them on here in case anyone else needed a structured plan for pushups and running specifically. I've used various other routines to keep prepared for the fitness tests (and FLETC!), but the two that have helped me the most are:

100 Pushups - When I started this whole process, I couldn't even do a single pushup. When I first attempted one, I thought for sure that I was going to have to pursue a different career based on the fact that I couldn't do pushups. With "100 Pushups," I was able to do 20 pushups within a few weeks. Whenever I find myself slacking on pushups, I go back to this program.

Couch to 5k - As I said in a previous post, I was never into running. I have always enjoyed other kinds of cardio, but I never ran unless I needed to cross the street quickly or something. Couch to 5k actually succeeded in not only transforming me into a runner within just a few weeks, but made me really enjoy it. It's more focused on endurance over speed, but once you get the endurance down, the speed comes naturally.

I know most of the long-time posters will find this info unnecessary, but to all you soon-to-be test-takers who need to work on these areas - seriously, start now. You never know how quickly you'll be called to prove yourself.
            Geo: Northwest GS-5
            CBPO Exam: 08/12
            TSL 1: 01/14/13
            Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
            Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
            VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
            Drug Test: ???
            Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
            TSL 2: 04/13
            BI: In the security office
            TSU: ???
            EOD: ???

Comment

NOPAs sent to applicants from Internal Affairs, not the Hiring Center...‏

The background investigation (BI) process is very long. Currently investigations have been pending for longer than a year(and will include a polygraph test). This process typically takes the longest and we ask for your patience. Keep in mind, that everyone will clear at a different rate depending on a number of factors, e.g., number of previous residences, ability to reach people indicated on your SF86, and so forth. Please continue to check the CASS website
              for your current status; detailed information will unfortunately not be given to an applicant regarding what is currently happening with the investigation. When IA has finished the process you will see a change on the CASS system.

Due to the large number of BI packets IA is processing, we thank you in advance for your patience. We are not involved in IA’s procedures and timelines. *When IA sends you a NOPA to respond to, that is between you and them only. Below is the NOPA letter phone number (this is only for assistance regarding NOPA letters; not poly; not BI status or anything else other than NOPA issues).

202-344-XXXX

Thank you for your interest in employment with Customs and Border Protection.

Sincerely,

Human Resources Asst.

TACS – BI Team
              Minneapolis Hiring Center, Office of Human Resources Management

US Customs & Border Protection

Phone: 952-857-2914

thats exactly what i received i didnt receive any attachments or anything I'm lost is this a NOPA? I'm a little confused I called the number and I still haven't received a call back
              Did this letter come by certified mail?
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                I hope you are right Merlin. It still blows my mind that the third to last in Seniority has almost 5 years on the job here at my POE. At this current rate, I'll have approximately 5 people under me around the 10 year mark! I also find it hard to believe that many will be hired off of this up coming test. That is, if there are in fact 1850 slots to fill... I have to imagine there are more then that available right now through the TSU. However, it will come down to the geographical preferences and where the hiring will actually take place. Like you said, it truly is a crap-shoot at this point. Fingers crossed we get some bodies up here.
                DHS's FY14 plan as of April was to hire 3477 additional CBPOs.

"Accordingly, the Budget supports 3,477 new CBPOs to reduce growing wait times at our POEs and increase seizures of illegal items (guns, drugs, currency, and counterfeit goods). This includes appropriated funding for 1,600 additional CBPOs and, with congressional approval, 1,877 new CBPOs through adjustments in immigration and customs inspections user fees to recover more of the costs associated with providing services."

http://www.dhs.gov/news/2013/04/11/w...appropriations

Congress has approved funding 1850 additional CBPO positions earlier this month...

"Under the bill, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) would receive $12.4 billion, up about $54 million from FY 2013. With that money, CBP would support 21,370 Border Patrol agents and 21,775 CBP officers. But CBP also would get money to hire 1,850 additional CBP officers to staff US ports of entry."

http://homelandreporter.com/2013/07/...spending-bill/

3,477 officers represent a nearly 16% increase in the total number of CBPOs. Add in officer attrition at 4% and that puts the agency at looking to fill a need of roughly 4,300 positions in FY14 alone. Assuming no change, we're looking at over 5,000 new hires in the next two years.

If it happens, I doubt the current TSU population is enough to sustain that sort of expansion.

I also have to believe that many ports will see a fair number of new hires; especially those ports with the current staffing and the needed resources and infrastructure to support the addition of a mass influx of new people.

We soon see though, either way. I'm betting on it being an interesting time within the agency.

Comment

• Keep it up my friend. The hardest part is making it a routine, but once you do it becomes second nature to you. Best of luck with your workout and with the whole selection process!
                  "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Noo pointman8 I received that by email

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                      A couple questions for whoever has answers. First, are CBP officers noncompetitively promoted to 12? Also, what would their typical duties be at an airport? Just stamping passports? Thanks.
                      Yes they are noncompetitively promoted to 12. 13 is Supervisor.

Comment

• When you applied, you knew you were going to have to take a physical. Anyone can take 45 minutes out of their day and workout. If not, do it every other day. If you still have excuses, take the maximum amount of time it takes to pass the 1.5 mile run for the PFT 2 test, and do that every day. Everybody has 13-15 minutes in a day. Plus you should be passing it in less than that. People are getting calls for the PFT 2 now; its here guys. You shouldn't be worrying about the physical at this point of the process. You should already know that you're going to blow this test out of the water. Its pathetic when you see people fail the PFT 2, especially when they say ''I would do anything for this job!''

Alright, bro. Should have prepared yourself.

Comment

Noo pointman8 I received that by email
                          Ok, NOPAs usually come by certified mail. I think you're good but don't go by my word. Follow up with MHC to make sure.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                          TSU: 3/28/13
                          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• I called the number they provided they have yet to get back to me they did ask that I leave a specified voicemail with my personal info which I did so I'm just waiting for them now

Comment

• Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
                              When you applied, you knew you were going to have to take a physical. Anyone can take 45 minutes out of their day and workout. If not, do it every other day. If you still have excuses, take the maximum amount of time it takes to pass the 1.5 mile run for the PFT 2 test, and do that every day. Everybody has 13-15 minutes in a day. Plus you should be passing it in less than that. People are getting calls for the PFT 2 now; its here guys. You shouldn't be worrying about the physical at this point of the process. You should already know that you're going to blow this test out of the water. Its pathetic when you see people fail the PFT 2, especially when they say ''I would do anything for this job!''

Alright, bro. Should have prepared yourself.
                              Absolutely I agree with you in every way. The instructor even told us if we had difficulty were in for it at FLETC. When the kid yesterday failed on the situps I felt bad initially but then I realized that he must have done very little at home in preparing. Going through polys, interviews, med reviews and you are going to fail on 25 situps. Cmon man.
                              CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                              Geo: Central/East
                              NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                              TSL:11/1/12
                              Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                              Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                              Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                              VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                              Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                              Met BI: 5/29/13
                              TSU: 6/13/13
                              Drug Test:6/12/13
                              PFT 2:
                              EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                                Ok, NOPAs usually come by certified mail. I think you're good but don't go by my word. Follow up with MHC to make sure.
                                Mine actually came in regular mail.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18487 users online. 466 members and 18021 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X