300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kimran611 View Post
    Is there any way to include more than one port when I apply for the current announcement? I didn't see that option. I only got to choose one port (Central East). Thanks in advance.
    No, you are applying to a region that includes multiple ports.
    Before 2007 you had 3 places to pick and hoped you got your top pick.
    2007-2008 you picked/applied to one port.
    After that they changed to regions.

You can only have one active application at a time, just an FYI.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Yoda and Merlin, how the heck are ya?

All, I am reading through and I can't help but shake my head at the thought of people changing locations this late in the game to try and bet on getting a spot in the NE or NW due to "critcal shortages." I am a little baffled that CBP would consider the NE or NW critical and not the SWB. Don't get me wrong, my POE has hired one, yes uno, Officer in over three years. We need Officers bad but we have been screaming this for a long time. Will they actually hire Officers up here? Maybe.

Another point to take into consideration for those who are possibly going to change their geographical preference... there are already hundreds if not... over a thousand people in TSU for the NW and NE locations. Those people will be hired first. I was hired in Sept of 2011 and I waited over three years.. closer to three and a half years. I know someone from the same test date that is in TSU and still has yet to receive a call. He just completed his third full background. If you applied to the SWB because you wanted to be hired quick and you are already in TSU.... I say stay there. If you are now just applying... sign up for where ever you would prefer to live and stick to it!

Just my two cents. Either way, as always, be patient and good luck to all you applicants. I look forward to meeting some of you down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
        Currently in my hotel in Harpers Ferry, WV waiting for my pft2 tomorrow. I gotta say, im pumped.

Good luck!! It will be easier than your 4 polygrahs!

Comment

• Taking my PFT2 in San Diego this Friday 8/2/13. Getting nervous, struggling on my sprint and my run, not a fan of running. Been practicing for a while but just can't seem to get better. Just going to try my best, but we'll see. It would suck to be in the process for 3 years and finally get the NW border and not make it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twink View Post
            Really been thinking about reapplying to East Texas. I think I'd much rather wait longer to be closer to home then take my chances and go all the way to Cali, NM, Ariz, and West Texas. Good luck everyone, maybe everything happened for a reason. Seemed when I first applied they were pushing females thru. I guess I was the unlucky/lucky one who still hasn't got called. Eh well.....
            When I applied in 2011...in addition to there being a critical need for the Southwest Border, there was also targeted recruitment for female officers (the new annoucement indicates that is still the case). Although a lot of people have told me being a female will get me hired faster, I never bought into the idea of gender preference and thank God because I have seen more males with a shorter process time hired before me (which is fine). I am all for equal opportunity, so that whole spiel about "we need more females" is pointless I think.

Everything does happen for a reason and nothing before it's rightful time. Stay positive, we're almost there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zhunter View Post
              Taking my PFT2 in San Diego this Friday 8/2/13. Getting nervous, struggling on my sprint and my run, not a fan of running. Been practicing for a while but just can't seem to get better. Just going to try my best, but we'll see. It would suck to be in the process for 3 years and finally get the NW border and not make it now.
              Good luck, Buddy. And don't think about failure. While it's okay to be realistic, don't put that sort of pressure on yourself right before the test! Your adrenaline will probably make you run/sprint a little faster. As long as your times are under what CBP dictates, then you're fine. Give it your best, you got this!

Comment

• Originally posted by blue_sky View Post
                My favorite part about this process is that I've discovered the joy of running. Before this I would only run when I absolutely had to. Now I've signed up for multiple 5Ks and can't get enough of it. I never would have started if I hadn't wanted this job so badly.

I still hate pushups though. But that might just be a girl thing.
                OMG. Pushups. Definitely a girl thing! They were the bane of my existence and the devil in disguse!! Thank God for CBP...they have kept me motivated on days when I wanted to slack off. Then I would think of PFT2, lace the hell up and get out there to log some miles or just drop and do pushups/situps.

I can't say that I have discovered the joy of running, but I am definitely running more than I ever had in my life. Every once in a while I get a runner's high and it's incredible. It sounds as though you are on the right track, no pun intended. Keep it up...it will pay off soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
                  When I applied in 2011...in addition to there being a critical need for the Southwest Border, there was also targeted recruitment for female officers (the new annoucement indicates that is still the case). Although a lot of people have told me being a female will get me hired faster, I never bought into the idea of gender preference and thank God because I have seen more males with a shorter process time hired before me (which is fine). I am all for equal opportunity, so that whole spiel about "we need more females" is pointless I think.

Everything does happen for a reason and nothing before it's rightful time. Stay positive, we're almost there.
                  It really is a crap shoot. I was told the same thing about females being desperately needed when I applied. I thought that was why I flew through the process until I saw other women's timelines and not all of them were flying thru. Granted, there are a lot of variables that effect the timeline, so it really is impossible to tell. From my TSL to being put into TSU was 7 months.

I just wish the process was organized better and communication from MHC to candidates was better. It would certainly help families plan for their futures the way they need to.
                  Last edited by Amac ; 07-31-2013, 12:04 PM.
                  CBPO Timeline
                  Tested: 7/21/2012 Geo Pref SE
                  TSL: 09/12/12
                  Switched Geo Pref SWB: 8/22/2012
                  TSU: 4/22/13
                  PFT 2: 10/8/13
                  EOD: 11/4/13 Brownsville, TX
                  FLETC: 12/10/13 - ?
                  BPA Timeline
                  Test: 03/16/13
                  NOR: 05/17/13 (101)
                  GEO Pref: South Texas
                  TSL1: 06/21/13
                  PFT1:
                  Qual: 08/13/13 GL9
                  Med: 3/2013
                  Interview: 9/26/13
                  EQUIP: 9/24/2012
                  BI Investigator: 4/2/13
                  Poly: 3/19/13
                  Drug Screen: 4/19/13

Comment

• Pft2 was a breeze 1.5 miles in 10.14 , 220 yds sprint in 25 seconds. Like others said watch your form on push ups and sit ups. And for ladies work on push-ups had one female fail, it was very rough to watch someone go through that

Comment

• Well I just applied, but for some reason at the end of application, I read there's a problem with the testing location I chose (Orlando). Hopefully that location is still good.
                      CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
                      02/28/14-TSL Received
                      03/18/14-PFT1/MED
                      07/01/14-VBT/SI
                      07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
                      07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

• Thanks for the info Yoda. It's amazing they are 12's but good for them. How competitive is the process? I saw some people on here get hired with a score of 80 and were non-vets, so it doesn't seem that hard. How likely is it to get offered a spot in Chicago if you applied to the Midwest region? Thanks.
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• This was probably answered before but do I have to re-apply under the new announcement? I'm not planing on changing GEO.
                          "Any nation that does not honor it's heroes will not long endure"
                          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I am currently in the scheduling unit for the southwest border, but I am considering re-applying for Florida region as this is my home. But i'm wondering if I would have to do the application process all over (testing, medical, physical, etc.), also, if all of my documents did transfer that would put me higher on the list , so possibly a better chance to get hired? difficult decision as I do not want to waste the progress ive made so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by FullMetal View Post
                              This was probably answered before but do I have to re-apply under the new announcement? I'm not planing on changing GEO.
                              No, if you have received a TSL you don't have to reapply. You are already in the pool. If you have not received a TSL and had a low score you might be able to in order to try and improve.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                                Thanks for the info Yoda. It's amazing they are 12's but good for them. How competitive is the process? I saw some people on here get hired with a score of 80 and were non-vets, so it doesn't seem that hard. How likely is it to get offered a spot in Chicago if you applied to the Midwest region? Thanks.
                                It's a crap shoot. If and when you get called you might be able to defer until the port you want has an opening or you might not...

As for scores... For those ports with few vacancies the higher the better your chances are. SWB picked up people that scored in the 70's... When they were mass hiring for that area.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6713 users online. 360 members and 6353 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X