Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's interesting seeing people here scoring in the low 80s and getting east coast offers.

    With this new announcement, I've noticed there are only a few vacancies. Should I bother applying or wait until many vacancies open back up?
    CBP Officer

    08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

    Comment


    • I've noticed that some CBPOs wear different types breast bars above their name plates... does anyone know what they mean and how can I earn them?
      CBPO

      Region: Central East Coast*
      Written exam - 03/31/12
      NORs - 04/04/12 *Passed (83); Non vet
      TSL - 11/01/12
      TSL 2 - 11/07/12
      PFT 1 - 12/04/12
      Medical - 12/04/12
      VBT/SI - 02/11/13
      Polygraph - 03/19/13
      Background (meeting) - 04/05/13
      Qualifications - 04/26/13 (GS-07)
      Background completed - 05/31/13 (Top Secret)
      Drug test - 06/11/13
      TSU - 06/12/13
      PFT 2 - 07/17/13
      EOD: - 08/12/13 JFK
      FLETC: 09/16/13 - 01/29/14

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cur679 View Post
        It's interesting seeing people here scoring in the low 80s and getting east coast offers.

        With this new announcement, I've noticed there are only a few vacancies. Should I bother applying or wait until many vacancies open back up?
        Never give up a chance. Apply because the worst that can happen is that the process will be slow for you. How fast the process goes depends where you apply to. In this announcement the need is greater on the northern borders now.
        CBPO

        Region: Central East Coast*
        Written exam - 03/31/12
        NORs - 04/04/12 *Passed (83); Non vet
        TSL - 11/01/12
        TSL 2 - 11/07/12
        PFT 1 - 12/04/12
        Medical - 12/04/12
        VBT/SI - 02/11/13
        Polygraph - 03/19/13
        Background (meeting) - 04/05/13
        Qualifications - 04/26/13 (GS-07)
        Background completed - 05/31/13 (Top Secret)
        Drug test - 06/11/13
        TSU - 06/12/13
        PFT 2 - 07/17/13
        EOD: - 08/12/13 JFK
        FLETC: 09/16/13 - 01/29/14

        Comment


        • Thanks, Irod. I guess I'll apply now. What areas in the north are needed? I want to make sure my chances are greater in wherever northern areas are needed now.

          I've repeated this ad nauseum, but the reason why I'm wary of applying for just a few vacancies is that I only have a degree, internship experience, and currently work in retail.

          If I don't make it, how long is your test results good for? If I apply for a future announcement, would I be able to re-use my old test score?

          Thanks again.
          CBP Officer

          08/31/14-Tested
          02/28/14-TSL Received
          03/18/14-PFT1/MED
          07/01/14-VBT/SI
          07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
          07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cur679 View Post
            Thanks, Irod. I guess I'll apply now. What areas in the north are needed? I want to make sure my chances are greater in wherever northern areas are needed now.

            I've repeated this ad nauseum, but the reason why I'm wary of applying for just a few vacancies is that I only have a degree, internship experience, and currently work in retail.

            If I don't make it, how long is your test results good for? If I apply for a future announcement, would I be able to re-use my old test score?

            Thanks again.
            According to the announcement it says: "This announcement is open nationwide for all 12 geographic regions; however, CBP has identified a critical need for Officers in the northwest and northeast regions of the United States – see “Geographic Locations” for more information" If you fail you'll have to wait 1 year to re-take it or for the next announcement, which ever is later.
            CBPO

            Region: Central East Coast*
            Written exam - 03/31/12
            NORs - 04/04/12 *Passed (83); Non vet
            TSL - 11/01/12
            TSL 2 - 11/07/12
            PFT 1 - 12/04/12
            Medical - 12/04/12
            VBT/SI - 02/11/13
            Polygraph - 03/19/13
            Background (meeting) - 04/05/13
            Qualifications - 04/26/13 (GS-07)
            Background completed - 05/31/13 (Top Secret)
            Drug test - 06/11/13
            TSU - 06/12/13
            PFT 2 - 07/17/13
            EOD: - 08/12/13 JFK
            FLETC: 09/16/13 - 01/29/14

            Comment


            • Originally posted by lrod718 View Post
              I've noticed that some CBPOs wear different types breast bars above their name plates... does anyone know what they mean and how can I earn them?

              https://www.nteu105.net/uploads/CHAP...d__070512_.pdf


              See page 11

              Comment


              • thanks merlin
                CBPO

                Region: Central East Coast*
                Written exam - 03/31/12
                NORs - 04/04/12 *Passed (83); Non vet
                TSL - 11/01/12
                TSL 2 - 11/07/12
                PFT 1 - 12/04/12
                Medical - 12/04/12
                VBT/SI - 02/11/13
                Polygraph - 03/19/13
                Background (meeting) - 04/05/13
                Qualifications - 04/26/13 (GS-07)
                Background completed - 05/31/13 (Top Secret)
                Drug test - 06/11/13
                TSU - 06/12/13
                PFT 2 - 07/17/13
                EOD: - 08/12/13 JFK
                FLETC: 09/16/13 - 01/29/14

                Comment


                • Originally posted by lrod718 View Post
                  According to the announcement it says: "This announcement is open nationwide for all 12 geographic regions; however, CBP has identified a critical need for Officers in the northwest and northeast regions of the United States – see “Geographic Locations” for more information" If you fail you'll have to wait 1 year to re-take it or for the next announcement, which ever is later.
                  Weird in the application process it mention SWB was in critical need.

                  Comment


                  • Currently in my hotel in Harpers Ferry, WV waiting for my pft2 tomorrow. I gotta say, im pumped.
                    CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                    Geo: Central/East
                    NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                    TSL:11/1/12
                    Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                    Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                    Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                    VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                    Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                    Met BI: 5/29/13
                    TSU: 6/13/13
                    Drug Test:6/12/13
                    PFT 2:
                    EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                      Currently in my hotel in Harpers Ferry, WV waiting for my pft2 tomorrow. I gotta say, im pumped.

                      Good luck tomorrow. I took my PFT2 in H.F. back in 2011 for BP. Look out for the goose droppings on your run. You'll get it later. It's a really nice place though. Let us know how it goes please. I was one of five, the other four being CBP applicants. Only three of us passed. The sit-ups got two so they didn't get to do the 1.5 mile run. The lead instructor was BP while his two assistants were CBP. Great guys but it became a bit of a fun competition for instructors as well as applicants since there was a mix of us. I'm considering making a change due to family location and am just wondering how things are looking. Once again, good luck, have fun and relax. If you get too amped up your blood pressure will be high and the duty nurse won't let you take the PFT2.
                      Last edited by CZ_Kid; 07-30-2013, 09:07 PM.

                      Comment


                      • A couple questions for whoever has answers. First, are CBP officers noncompetitively promoted to 12? Also, what would their typical duties be at an airport? Just stamping passports? Thanks.
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

                        Comment


                        • Really been thinking about reapplying to East Texas. I think I'd much rather wait longer to be closer to home then take my chances and go all the way to Cali, NM, Ariz, and West Texas. Good luck everyone, maybe everything happened for a reason. Seemed when I first applied they were pushing females thru. I guess I was the unlucky/lucky one who still hasn't got called. Eh well.....
                          CBPO SWB
                          Application: 3/28/12
                          Exam: 4/26/12
                          NOR: 5/25/12 (90 no vet)
                          TSL: 6/12/12
                          TSL2: 6/13/12
                          Eqip: clear 6/28/12
                          Fingerprint: 6/22/12
                          PreEmp forms: 9/6/12
                          Quals: GS7 8/28/12
                          PFT1: 7/12/12 (complete 7/17/12)
                          Med: 7/24/12 (complete 8/14/12)
                          VBT/SI: 7/31/12 (complete 8/7/12)
                          Polygraph: 9/12/12 (P) 10/5/12 (P)
                          Drug test: 12/20/12 (P)
                          Background: Sent to security office 6/19/12


                          "To switch, or not to switch"

                          Comment


                          • Is there any way to include more than one port when I apply for the current announcement? I didn't see that option. I only got to choose one port (Central East). Thanks in advance.
                            NYPD COP Exam # 1313 List # 3xx
                            APD-5: 08/12
                            Medical: 04/13
                            Psych: 06/13
                            Oral Psych: 06/13
                            BI: 08/13
                            JST: 10/13 (3:13)
                            Mini-Med: 10/13
                            Got the call: 1/5/14 @ 18:28
                            Academy: 01/08/2014
                            Graduation: July 2014


                            CBPO (Central East) 15-3
                            Exam: 09/04/13
                            NOR: 09/13/13 (90%)
                            TSL: 05/01/15
                            Medical & PFT1: 05/19/15
                            VBT: 06/17/15

                            Exams Taken: Port Authority Police, Suffolk Police (Score: 95%), Nassau Police (91.505%), NYS Trooper, NYC Sheriff, FDNY, NYS Court Officer & many more

                            Comment


                            • Twink, I think we are in similar situations. I'm from the Dallas area and was considering reapplying for East Texas. However, I think I'm gonna stick with my current app. We are both on the verge of being called. They call in order of our TSL dates. Yours is in June and mine is in August. Based on my analysis of this forum and the Delphi forums, for the SWB they are somewhere in May for the TSLs.

                              I have no idea how long I would be waiting if I applied for East Texas, and I don't want to take that chance. Also, I wish I knew what all from my current app would transfer over to the new application.
                              NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
                              TSL1: 8/14/2012
                              TSL2: 8/16/2012
                              PFT1: 9/17/2012
                              Poly: 11/14/2012
                              Drug Test: 12/7/2012
                              BI: cleared 12/2012
                              Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
                              TSU: 5/29/2013

                              "The Call": 8/6/2013
                              EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                                A couple questions for whoever has answers. First, are CBP officers noncompetitively promoted to 12? Also, what would their typical duties be at an airport? Just stamping passports? Thanks.
                                1- yes
                                2- pretty much depending on the port...
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6250 users online. 443 members and 5807 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X