300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edwin Romero View Post
    When did you get the famous call? I've been waiting for Florida for a few years now, re-applying every announcment. Still waiting for my background to clear.
    Sorry for the confusion. We were talking about PFT2.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
      Sorry for the confusion. We were talking about PFT2.
      Ohhh my mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edwin Romero View Post
        My thoughts exactly. MHC told me that if I wanted GS-7 I had to re-apply at the next opening announcement, which would also restart this whole process. I Guess GS-5 is better than waiting another 2 years. Like you said, I'm happy that I even qualify, but I also feel like all my hard work obtaining my college degree should be rewarded.
        The education itself is the reward. You aren't entitled to anything if you have a degree. In my opinion, we are lucky to have this opportunity at all considering how many of our peers get their degree just to end up having to work at Walmart for years because the job market sucks.

Also, when I realized that if I wanted to get this job with the 2012 announcement I'd have to graduate a semester earlier than I had originally planned, I took a full load of summer classes and then signed up for 18 credits my final semester to graduate in December. Because getting this job at all would be worth it. I still only qualify for GS-5, but in my opinion, that's a fantastic place to start.
        Geo: Northwest GS-5
        CBPO Exam: 08/12
        TSL 1: 01/14/13
        Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
        Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
        VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
        Drug Test: ???
        Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/13
        BI: In the security office
        TSU: ???
        EOD: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveToCompete View Post
          Its so difficult being patient with this process, and I feel wrong considering most of you have been in the process for a year longer than I have. Not sure if reading these forums helps or hurts, as sometimes im discouraged by how long you all have been waiting. But hopefully the hiring is more prevalent than 2-3 years ago.
          It's okay to feel discouraged and impatient at times. All of us have, at one point or another, felt those emotions and believe me this process will cause you to experience a gamut of emotions. One thing that works for me is keeping myself very busy so that I am not sitting around thinking about CBP. To the extent that you can, stay busy, stay focused and just live your life as though you've never heard of CBP. Hang in there...

Comment

• Off to Miami to take PFT2, should be a breeze hopefully . Time is flying just three weeks until I report to San Ysidro. The hectic pre employment process is almost over.

Comment

• Just wanted to drop a quick line to those who are trying their hardest to start a carrer with CBP. I have been with CBP for about 5 years now, and although I am trying my best to leave the Agency for an 1811 position, I can say that I am very fortunate to have this job/career. It is what you make of it. I definitely had my days when I hated it and to be honest those days came more often then the good ones, but after some time you learn to leave work behind, "clock out" and go home. Management will make or break it for you, but my advice is mind your business, dont worry about others and learn as much as you can untill you find your niche. I worked all shifts at my port from midnights to days, all holidays and weekends, but after some seniority, I was able to get on a close nit team where I was able to excell. This agency has a lot to provide and the salary is excellent, but as the old saying goes: "work to live, dont live to work". Good luck to all.

P.S. For those worried about GS5 v GS7. Dont worry, you will be making some serious money real soon...trust me. This agency will aways be undermanned, and although OT may decrease, it will NEVER
              go away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
                Is the PFT 1 held in the same location as the PFT 2 ?
                Nope. It's the place you selected to do your PFT2 during your application
                "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                  Off to Miami to take PFT2, should be a breeze hopefully . Time is flying just three weeks until I report to San Ysidro. The hectic pre employment process is almost over.
                  Safe travels and good luck!!

Comment

Off to Miami to take PFT2, should be a breeze hopefully . Time is flying just three weeks until I report to San Ysidro. The hectic pre employment process is almost over.
                    If you have any questions let me know. I also took my PFT2 in Miami
                    Geo:SWB
                    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                    TSU: 3/28/13
                    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                      I chose Harpers Ferry as well. Closest thing to the New York Metropolitan area.
                      Same here, in VA so that was the best and closest option Friday can't come soon enough, I'm ready to get this PFT 2 over with and move on to EOD...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                        Proud to announce that I passed the PFT2. This process has officially ended. Off to Texas to start a new career. Good luck to all of those taking the PFT2 soon.

P.S make sure you practice proper form push ups - back straight, legs together. Elbow needs to fully extend to count. A couple of guys were 1 or two push ups away from failing because they did some improper push ups that didnt count.

Also, when doing sit ups make sure that your shoulders touch the mat and when you come up make sure that your elbows pass your knees. Your hands need to be behind your head but not interlocked with your fingers. Instructors will demonstrate but it's good to know beforehand anyway. Overall it's a pretty easy process.

For those who might be interested in my times, they were 220 yd dash at 30 secs and 1.5 mile run at 10:48
                        Congrats man! Well done! Thanks for the heads up and your numbers were pretty good, I've been timing myself and that 10:48 time for the 1.5 mile run would require a fast pace, I've been averaging 11:30 myself but I've been slacking a bit to be honest at some points during my runs lol

Comment

• My favorite part about this process is that I've discovered the joy of running. Before this I would only run when I absolutely had to. Now I've signed up for multiple 5Ks and can't get enough of it. I never would have started if I hadn't wanted this job so badly.

I still hate pushups though. But that might just be a girl thing.
                          Geo: Northwest GS-5
                          CBPO Exam: 08/12
                          TSL 1: 01/14/13
                          Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
                          Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
                          Drug Test: ???
                          Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
                          TSL 2: 04/13
                          BI: In the security office
                          TSU: ???
                          EOD: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by Greggyd1211 View Post
                            Haha I was waiting to hear Newark lol the others I was offered were Kennedy and Dulles in Virginia. For anyone wondering.
                            Man it's crazy how similar my application/timeline is to yours, I was offered Newark and JFK as well in addition to Dulles (which I wanted since I'm in VA)...looks like we will be in the same class at FLETC as well 335 O.o

Comment

• Thanks for the insight TriumphST!!
                              Last edited by CBPO; 07-30-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Good luck E92! I take my PFT2 on 8/16 in San Diego.
                                App (SWB): 3/14/12
                                Test: 3/27/12
                                NOR: 4/3/12 (95)
                                TSL 1/2: 4/27/12
                                Qualifications: (green check - GS7)
                                Pre-emp forms: 5/5/12 (green check)
                                PFT1: 6/1/12 (pass - green check)
                                Medical: 6/18/12 (pass - green check) -
                                sent medical update form 6/21/13
                                VBT: 6/22/12 (pass - green check)
                                Polygraph: 5/2013 (passed)
                                Background: met with Investigator 5/2013 (cleared 6/25)
                                Drug Test: 6/27/12 (check)
                                Referred to scheduling unit: 7/2/13
                                EOD: 9/3/13
                                FLETC: 10/2/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7186 users online. 395 members and 6791 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X