Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to everyone who will be applying for the new announcement. I pray you succeed with all of your future endevours. Also, please be patient with this whole process. It takes a while. I'm sure many of us who have gone through the process can attest to that, lol. Best wishes!
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
    TSU: 3/28/13
    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
      Hey all. I've been in the process since 2011 for West Coast, wouldn't mind relocating to East Coast, seeing as more and more folks getting EOD in JfK and such off the 2012 announcement makes me think I'd have a better shot if I reapply under east coast. I've seen NO movement for any west coasters.
      I EOD in San Fran in 2 weeks. Only options i was given was there and LA

Comment

• Is the PFT 1 held in the same location as the PFT 2 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
          Is the PFT 1 held in the same location as the PFT 2 ?
          Not necessarily. It's usually just a small, local medical center that they outsource it to. Mine was in the physical therapy section of a med center.
          Geo: Northwest GS-5
          CBPO Exam: 08/12
          TSL 1: 01/14/13
          Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
          Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
          VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
          Drug Test: ???
          Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
          TSL 2: 04/13
          BI: In the security office
          TSU: ???
          EOD: ???

Comment

• Its so difficult being patient with this process, and I feel wrong considering most of you have been in the process for a year longer than I have. Not sure if reading these forums helps or hurts, as sometimes im discouraged by how long you all have been waiting. But hopefully the hiring is more prevalent than 2-3 years ago.

Comment

• Hey, Is anyone going to FLETC, Glynco next week? I will EOD for Secret Service Uniform and will be there through the end of October. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                What did everyone choose for PFT2? Very limited selections.
                I chose Harpers Ferry, WV. Being in the sticks of VA gives me very few options...lol
                "Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will."

Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHokie View Post
                  I chose Harpers Ferry, WV. Being in the sticks of VA gives me very few options...lol
                  I chose Harpers Ferry as well. Closest thing to the New York Metropolitan area.
                  CBPO Exam: 4/29/12
                  Geo: Central/East
                  NOR: 5/25/12 Score: 82
                  TSL:11/1/12
                  Med/PFT1: 12/2/12 Cleared
                  Qual: Cleared 12/8/12 GS-7
                  Poly 1: 1/22/13 Poly 2: 2/27/13 Poly 3: 4/16/13 Poly 4: 5/16/13 FINALLY PASSED
                  VBT/SI: 1/27/13 Cleared
                  Background: 5/20/13 Cleared
                  Met BI: 5/29/13
                  TSU: 6/13/13
                  Drug Test:6/12/13
                  PFT 2:
                  EOD: 8/19/13 Newark Airport FLETC: 9/16/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimestopshere View Post
                    I EOD in San Fran in 2 weeks. Only options i was given was there and LA
                    if you don't mind, would you share your timeline?
                    CBPO
                    Geo - West Coast
                    Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                    NOR - 4/2/12
                    TSL - 6/12/12
                    PFT1 - green
                    BI -
                    Quals -
                    VBT/SI - green
                    Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by AJHokie View Post
                      Nice. I chose Miami. Maybe I'll make a vacation out of it.

Comment

• I was told BY MHC that in order to have my degree qualify, that I had to obtain it in within 9 months from when the announcement ended (It took me 12). I was just reading the new announcement and not one time does it give you a time-frame of completion. This was the difference between me qualifying as a 5 and 7. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that I even qualify, but if I can qualify as a 7 then they should give me a 7. Does anyone know the rule about this? I would think it would be against civil service law not to post something like that on the announcement and then tell me my degree doesn't count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
                          I was told BY MHC that in order to have my degree qualify, that I had to obtain it in within 9 months from when the announcement ended (It took me 12). I was just reading the new announcement and not one time does it give you a time-frame of completion. This was the difference between me qualifying as a 5 and 7. Don't get me wrong I'm happy that I even qualify, but if I can qualify as a 7 then they should give me a 7. Does anyone know the rule about this? I would think it would be against civil service law not to post something like that on the announcement and then tell me my degree doesn't count.
                          The exact same thing happened to me. Not only that, I was 3 credits shy of obtaining my degree about 8 months after announcement, which would have allowed me to get GS-7. I got GS-5 because of ONE class.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                            Nice. I chose Miami. Maybe I'll make a vacation out of it.
                            When did you get the famous call? I've been waiting for Florida for a few years now, re-applying every announcment. Still waiting for my background to clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edwin Romero View Post
                              The exact same thing happened to me. Not only that, I was 3 credits shy of obtaining my degree about 8 months after announcement, which would have allowed me to get GS-7. I got GS-5 because of ONE class.
                              That sucks. I'm sorry Bud. I mean it's not the end of the world but i just feel like we should be somewhat rewarded since we went to college and got a degree. It's not fair that we are stuck with huge student loans, while a cashier from Walmart can come in and qualify for the same rank as us.
                              Last edited by Natedog36; 07-30-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
                                That sucks. I'm sorry Bud. I mean it's not the end of the world but i just feel like we should be somewhat rewarded since we went to college and got a degree. It's not fair that we are stuck with huge student loans while a cashier from Walmart can come in and qualify for the same rank as us.
                                My thoughts exactly. MHC told me that if I wanted GS-7 I had to re-apply at the next opening announcement, which would also restart this whole process. I Guess GS-5 is better than waiting another 2 years. Like you said, I'm happy that I even qualify, but I also feel like all my hard work obtaining my college degree should be rewarded.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9950 users online. 515 members and 9435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X