Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's encouraging to see that there is now considered to be a critical need for officers in the northwest and northeast. Maybe the rest of this process will fly by for me!
    Geo: Northwest GS-5
    CBPO Exam: 08/12
    TSL 1: 01/14/13
    Quals: GS-5 Cleared 01/13
    Medical/PFT1: 03/15/13 Passed
    VBT/SI: 06/13 Passed
    Drug Test: ???
    Polygraph: 08/2013 Passed
    TSL 2: 04/13
    BI: In the security office
    TSU: ???
    EOD: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
      "A written exam will be administered to all individuals who successfully complete the application process. The test itself takes about five (5) hours and contains three (3) sections -- Reasoning Skills, Writing Skills, and the CBP Experience record."

No Math this year?
      If that were the case, I'd almost want to retake it so that my score would improve to near perfect. The math was tough for me.

Comment

• I'm currently in TSU, but if I were to reapply under the new announcement, what all from my current application would carry over to my new application, if any? I know it'd be silly to reapply after getting so far, but I really want that East Texas Region :/

I probably won't reapply, knowing that it would take years, but I'm just curious.
        NOR: 8/1/2012 (95 - no vet)
        TSL1: 8/14/2012
        TSL2: 8/16/2012
        PFT1: 9/17/2012
        Poly: 11/14/2012
        Drug Test: 12/7/2012
        BI: cleared 12/2012
        Quals: GS 7 cleared 5/29/2013
        TSU: 5/29/2013

"The Call": 8/6/2013
        EOD: 9/16/2013 - Brownsville, TX

Comment

• Originally posted by IrvingAg13 View Post
          I'm currently in TSU, but if I were to reapply under the new announcement, what all from my current application would carry over to my new application, if any? I know it'd be silly to reapply after getting so far, but I really want that East Texas Region :/

I probably won't reapply, knowing that it would take years, but I'm just curious.
          I'm pretty sure you start all over.

Comment

• If I'm thinking about it right, if one were to apply to the new announcement, everything would carry over except his TSL.
            Gek.

Comment

• Well I tried to apply at 3 am but I keep getting "the system has encountered an error. Please press your browser's back button." I keep doing that and trying again but the same thing happens. Then I go to Applications and it says I've applied to the announcement when I haven't even done so yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent05 View Post
                Well I tried to apply at 3 am but I keep getting "the system has encountered an error. Please press your browser's back button." I keep doing that and trying again but the same thing happens. Then I go to Applications and it says I've applied to the announcement when I haven't even done so yet.
                I been receiving the same error messages.

Comment

• Originally posted by blue_sky View Post
                  It's encouraging to see that there is now considered to be a critical need for officers in the northwest and northeast. Maybe the rest of this process will fly by for me!
                  Too bad that is not the case for the SWB anymore! Let's hope the calls keep going out though...
                  Last edited by StoneFace; 07-29-2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                    "A written exam will be administered to all individuals who successfully complete the application process. The test itself takes about five (5) hours and contains three (3) sections -- Reasoning Skills, Writing Skills, and the CBP Experience record."

No Math this year?
                    I'm not sure, but I also notice that a 1.5 mile run could be part of one's PFT1. Before it was the 5-minute step test, now it could be either one or the other. I wonder if applicants will be given a choice as to which one they prefer.

Comment

• I just looked at the study guide - the math is still listed on there. I don't know if they would have substantially changed the pre-test without also updating the study guide.

Comment

• Well, I've been in TSU for more than two months.. So I decided to reapply this morning. I chose the East Coast this time, hoping to get JFK. Good luck everyone.
                        Last edited by EASF; 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM.
                        Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• Yea i just reapplied as well.
                          Tests taken:
                          Erie County Sheriff
                          Erie County Police
                          Catt County Sheriff
                          Catt County Police
                          NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
                          score:85 rank:7xx
                          NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
                          NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
                          CBP

Comment

• What did everyone choose for PFT2? Very limited selections.

Comment

• Hey all. I've been in the process since 2011 for West Coast, wouldn't mind relocating to East Coast, seeing as more and more folks getting EOD in JfK and such off the 2012 announcement makes me think I'd have a better shot if I reapply under east coast. I've seen NO movement for any west coasters.
                              CBPO
                              Geo - West Coast
                              Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
                              NOR - 4/2/12
                              TSL - 6/12/12
                              PFT1 - green
                              BI -
                              Quals -
                              VBT/SI - green
                              Drug Screen - green

Comment

• Originally posted by blue_sky View Post
                                I just looked at the study guide - the math is still listed on there. I don't know if they would have substantially changed the pre-test without also updating the study guide.
                                I notice in the application process it mention Quantitative Reasoning Skills.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6034 users online. 389 members and 5645 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X