300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
    I'm having a son the second week of pre-academy. I doubt they'll allow me to see my wife and new born
    It'll be far easier to accommodate pre-academy scheduling to your needs than FLETC scheduling. Port scheduling is far more flexible.

Ask at your port. they may be able to work with you.

Comment

I'm having a son the second week of pre-academy. I doubt they'll allow me to see my wife and new born

Congratulations! All the best for a safe delivery and I hope you get time off to be with her and see your new bundle of joy!

P.S. Don't name him George! Kidding...(kind of).

Comment

• Originally posted by StoneFace View Post
        Congratulations! All the best for a safe delivery and I hope you get time off to be with her and see your new bundle of joy!

P.S. Don't name him George! Kidding...(kind of).
        Haha, he'll be a jr.
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          It'll be far easier to accommodate pre-academy scheduling to your needs than FLETC scheduling. Port scheduling is far more flexible.

Ask at your port. they may be able to work with you.
          Thanks Merlin. Very helpful, as usual.

Comment

Haha, he'll be a jr.
            Awesome. By the way, if I pick Brownsville...I have first dibs on babysitting duties!

Comment

Awesome. By the way, if I pick Brownsville...I have first dibs on babysitting duties!
              lol, I'll definitely remind you of that

Comment

No problem. My BI told me CBP is planning to increase staff in Newark and JFK. He didn't strike me as the type who spoke just for the sake of making conversation. Whether this will happen remains to be seen. I have noticed that JFK and Newark picked up quite a few heads since calls have been going out again. The fact that these ports are even on the offer list is encouraging at the very least. All the best, Buddy. Follow your heart...
                That's really good news. Let's see what they have to offer on Monday. BTW, what is your geographic location? If I'm not mistaking, your in TSU for the SWB?
                Protecting America with Vigilance, Integrity, & Service

Comment

• A current CBP officer I work out with now told me that JFK alone is about 500-600 officers understaffed due to expansion, so would that make transferring there from another port easier?

Comment

• Originally posted by EASF View Post
                    That's really good news. Let's see what they have to offer on Monday. BTW, what is your geographic location? If I'm not mistaking, your in TSU for the SWB?
                    Yah, SWB...good memory. I would love to work in Newark, but my desire to become a CBPO has left me more flexible than cling wrap. I will be happy with any POE that is offered to me.

By the way, I've heard the announcement will be for nationwide vacancies. In 2 days we will find out for sure.

Comment

As with the other individual said, your pre-academy port should be somewhat accommodating. There's more freedom there than there is with FLETC. You'll have the weekends off during pre-academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by E92_M3 View Post
                        A current CBP officer I work out with now told me that JFK alone is about 500-600 officers understaffed due to expansion, so would that make transferring there from another port easier?

Possibly. Probably.

There are multiple types of "transfers". Some types(typically those that benefit the agency the most) are more streamlined and less complicated than others.

Assuming that it is true that JFK is seriously attempting to bulk up with people and that the upper levels of the CBP bureaucracy are in agreement with an agency reassignment, then yeah, I could see where it would be easier for some people to move to JFK.

The likely key word here being 'some'. Just because door of opportunity opens up for some, that doesn't mean that the door opens for all equally...or that it won't be slammed shut and locked on a whole line of people who were counting on crossing it's threshold.

Comment

• Hey guys I'm a long time lurker first time poster and I know these questions were probably asked 1000 times and I'm not gonna look back through 1000 pages lol, but can anybody whose a current cbpo or someone whose currently at FLETC enlighten us on: when do we get our badge, uniform, and gun? Can family visit you while you're at FLETC? And Is the academy more like a college campus or leaning more towards like boot camp? If it is like a college campus, do u have a room all to yourself or are we gonna have roomates? BTW Congrats to all the new incomming cbpos who got their eods, welcome to the brotherhood.
                          Last edited by lrod718; 07-28-2013, 01:55 AM.
                          CBPO

Region: Central East Coast*
                          Written exam - 03/31/12
                          NORs - 04/04/12 *Passed (83); Non vet
                          TSL - 11/01/12
                          TSL 2 - 11/07/12
                          PFT 1 - 12/04/12
                          Medical - 12/04/12
                          VBT/SI - 02/11/13
                          Polygraph - 03/19/13
                          Background (meeting) - 04/05/13
                          Qualifications - 04/26/13 (GS-07)
                          Background completed - 05/31/13 (Top Secret)
                          Drug test - 06/11/13
                          TSU - 06/12/13
                          PFT 2 - 07/17/13
                          EOD: - 08/12/13 JFK
                          FLETC: 09/16/13 - 01/29/14

Comment

• Originally posted by lrod718 View Post
                            Hey guys I'm a long time lurker first time poster and I know these questions were probably asked 1000 times and I'm not gonna look back through 1000 pages lol, but can anybody whose a current cbpo or someone whose currently at FLETC enlighten us on: when do we get our badge, uniform, and gun? Can family visit you while you're at FLETC? And Is the academy more like a college campus or leaning more towards like boot camp? If it is like a college campus, do u have a room all to yourself or are we gonna have roomates? BTW Congrats to all the new incomming cbpos who got their eods, welcome to the brotherhood.
                            If you are a long time lurker then you should've seen the answers..... In any case here it goes once again.

Uniform... You'll wear loaners while you get yours the first few weeks.
                            Badge at graduation, and gun once you leave the gate after graduation.
                            While the academy has been leaning towards a more paramilitary style it is by no means a boot camp as for those who have gone through it... It seems like a walk in the park. For those that have no military experience it might feel like a boot camp. It leans more to a college atmosphere than anything, but always keep in mind that it is a Law Enforcement Training Center and you must keep your bearings at all times.
                            Dorms are one to a room,and you'll either luck out and get the Taj or you'll end up at the crack houses (share a bathroom). Both have their ups and down.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              If you are a long time lurker then you should've seen the answers..... In any case here it goes once again.

Uniform... You'll wear loaners while you get yours the first few weeks.
                              Badge at graduation, and gun once you leave the gate after graduation.
                              While the academy has been leaning towards a more paramilitary style it is by no means a boot camp as for those who have gone through it... It seems like a walk in the park. For those that have no military experience it might feel like a boot camp. It leans more to a college atmosphere than anything, but always keep in mind that it is a Law Enforcement Training Center and you must keep your bearings at all times.
                              Dorms are one to a room,and you'll either luck out and get the Taj or you'll end up at the crack houses (share a bathroom). Both have their ups and down.
                              Cool thanks for the quick response. Btw who else is stationed at JFK?
                              CBPO

Region: Central East Coast*
                              Written exam - 03/31/12
                              NORs - 04/04/12 *Passed (83); Non vet
                              TSL - 11/01/12
                              TSL 2 - 11/07/12
                              PFT 1 - 12/04/12
                              Medical - 12/04/12
                              VBT/SI - 02/11/13
                              Polygraph - 03/19/13
                              Background (meeting) - 04/05/13
                              Qualifications - 04/26/13 (GS-07)
                              Background completed - 05/31/13 (Top Secret)
                              Drug test - 06/11/13
                              TSU - 06/12/13
                              PFT 2 - 07/17/13
                              EOD: - 08/12/13 JFK
                              FLETC: 09/16/13 - 01/29/14

Comment

• That sounds about right. They are currently building a new jet blue international terminal. When I went to the interview, I was told that cbp will receive money for the hiring budget for 2014 in oct 2013.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6669 users online. 250 members and 6419 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X